Cloke shot at

Remove this Banner Ad

Honestly, what type of moron would attack the family house of an AFL player.

As the article says, it's getting to the point where access to AFL players at training sessions and functions will be restricted even more then it is now.

Just a cowardly act to attack a family home, anyone's family home for that matter.

Hope the Cloke family are all ok.

And here lies the reason for playing bad footy.

I knew there was more to this.

As the article says, it's getting to the point where access to AFL players at training sessions and functions will be restricted even more then it is now.
This is exactly right. Every training now at Gosch's (spelling?) paddock he will be looking around and would be relatively uneasy

damn tat would suck but can't honestly be the entire reason behind the poor form. Also due course for the thug that bashed him.

would you sleep easy if someone shot through your home window??? i know when i dont sleep well it affects my work... training is no different.

OMG I couldn't believe what I have just read in the paper.The poor bloke,no wonder hii footy hasn't been up to it's usual high standard.The cops need to get the perp really quick...they must be a blooby maniac.Poor Cloke family,they seem to cop alot.

Firstly i want to say i am shocked that this has happened and I'm glad the he and the Clokes are OK. I dont want to over analyse this, but one can only assume its that pricks mates from the sunshine coast who bashed him.

The bloke died on a motorbike on the way to see his lawyer about the assult charge didnt he?

I hope they catch this #%&$, and i hope Travis comes out of this OK, it is the kind of thing that could hang around for a long time.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

The Cloke family really cop alot of sh1t dont they.... Trav has stuggled this year and this would have a heap to do with it.... Good on Trav for not coming out and saying "ohhh feel sorry for me", and hasnt blamed any of these reason for his poor form... All the best Trav cant wait to see ya drillin' em from outside 50 soon!

It's not been a good year for Clokey. You can understand with all that's gone on why his onfield performances are suffering.

What a shit act.

Hearing Eddie on SEN this morning I got the feeling that this harrassment has been going on for some time too (he didn't say it in those words but it's the impression I got). The club have been aware since it began and are assisting.

Poor La Traviata. I reckon Trav is one of the more lovely blokes at the club - the stories in the papers about his little house horse and his love of the quiet life, drawing etc. Nice guy.

Poor La Traviata. I reckon Trav is one of the more lovely blokes at the club - the stories in the papers about his little house horse and his love of the quiet life, drawing etc. Nice guy.
you obivously have never seen him on the party scene
still i feel sorry for the guy

reckon a certain ex-tenant is going to get invited down to the station.

http://www.afana.com/netpaper/aug222005-69042.html

Cloke stalking claim
Collingwood's Cloke family is living in fear of a man they claim is bombarding them with terrifying phone calls, death threats and demands for cash.
The family claimed disgruntled former tenant and accused stalker Peter Mulvahill threatened footy legend David Cloke, wife Julie and their Pie-playing sons Jason, Cameron and Travis, saying they are "going to go down on the football field".
They say Mulvahill, 36, trashed the Clokes' Ringwood East rental apartment -- where he lived until March -- then set about destroying their lives.
In recent months they say he has made dozens of abusive telephone calls, threatened to kill them and driven past their family home after dark.
The family took out interim intervention orders against Mulvahill earlier this month barring him from coming within 500m of them.
Cloke Sr, 50, claimed in the interim intervention order document that Mulvahill appeared to be mentally unbalanced and his constant harassment of the Cloke family was having a huge impact on their lives.
Wife Julie Cloke said after the hearing that the family was petrified and they jumped when the phone rang. She said the harassment had also terrified her two daughters -- leaving youngest, 11-year-old Teigan, in tears after an altercation at the property.
But Mulvahill says he and his family are the victims and accuses David Cloke of intimidating his mother at a recent pre-court meeting to settle the rental dispute.
Mulvahill, who says he is a born-again Christian, denied he threatened the Clokes or damaged their rental property. He said they had failed to maintain the property and he had been threatened by David Cloke by phone.
The dispute, which were resolved at the Victorian Civil and Administrative Tribunal, dates back to February 2004 when Mulvahill moved into a one-bedroom Lena Grove apartment owned by David, Julie and Jason.
The Clokes claim Mulvahill failed to give them 28 days notice before moving out in March and refused them access to show prospective tenants through the flat.
Tribunal member Roland Price ruled against Mulvahill and ordered that he pay the Clokes $405 -- three weeks rent -- and repair two doors at the property. Mulvahill forfeited all but $150 of his bond. Mr Price advised the parties "go their separate ways" and not initiate any fresh litigation.
Outside the tribunal, Mulvahill said he was disappointed with the ruling but hoped to get on with his life.

Having received death threats, I sympathise. It's not an easy thing to experience.

I hope Travis can use this as an opportunity to build his mental fortitude. Personally I'd chuck some self defense into the training regime now that it's at this level.

Having been threatened that I'd be killed leaving work (and the long walk I used to make to my car) I was, for a short period of time there, worried I'd get jumped or what not. Brushing up on the old martial arts would have been something I'd do were it not for the abating of the threats.

Trav, you and your family will come out of this stronger and bigger people. Keep a united front, knuckle down, you're steely commitment and good nature will transcend this.

Remove this Banner Ad

Cloke shot at

Remove this Banner Ad

Back