Club Heirarchy Setups

Remove this Banner Ad

May 19, 2006
Rove's House
AFL Club
Collingwood
Just wondering if there are many clubs out there who are running with board of directors with each director in charge of a particular dept. of the club or are most still going with the conventional setup of President, Vice President, Secretary, Treasurer etc?

Just wondering if there are many clubs out there who are running with board of directors with each director in charge of a particular dept. of the club or are most still going with the conventional setup of President, Vice President, Secretary, Treasurer etc?

Nathalia - Old System

Kyabram - Old System

Is your way just new names for the old positions or is it more complex, can you fill me in with more detail i've never heard of the new way sounds interesting

Directors...

ie:
Chairman (President)
Football Director
Netball Director / Co-Ordinator
Social Director
Finance Director

Basically same roles as Old way but more responsible instead of it all falling back on the president to do.

Hope this helps

Directors...

ie:
Chairman (President)
Football Director
Social Director
Finance Director

Basically same roles as Old way but more responsible instead of it all falling back on the president to do.

Hope this helps

yes it does not a bad way, i spose its easier to find people to fill the roles than the old way.

Strathmore - something like this

President
Vice President
Committee
Junior Football Coordinator
Senior Football Coordinator
Treasurer
Club Register
Sponsorship Director

Directors...

ie:
Chairman (President)
Football Director
Social Director
Finance Director

Hope this helps

this is a lot like what i'm talking about.

chairman (goes to league meetings, liases with media and umpires)
football operations (match day, training & maybe even a selector)
netball operations (whatever they do)
junior development (obvious)
catering (canteen and after match & training meals)
marketing & events (sponsorship, social, fundraising, advertising)
finance manager (financials, maybe even liquor license nominee on behalf of club)

anyone know of any successful models out there that are similar to this? i have heard of clubs in the GV, O&M, Geelong, Ballarat etc. running similar to this

don't all jump at once with your wealthj of knowledge. maybe this thread isn't working becaue i haven't given you the opportuinty to bag someone behind thier back or take the piss out of someone.
this website is also a place where we can share resources to help sustain grassroots footy so please, those that do know something about this please satand up and give some knowledge.

Thanks

Strauchanie#59

don't all jump at once with your wealthj of knowledge. maybe this thread isn't working becaue i haven't given you the opportuinty to bag someone behind thier back or take the piss out of someone.
this website is also a place where we can share resources to help sustain grassroots footy so please, those that do know something about this please satand up and give some knowledge.

Thanks

Strauchanie#59
East Point & Redan are clubs to get ideas as are a very professional outfit right down to Aus Kick Co-Ordinators... it showed with there on field success this year...

President
Vice President
Secretary
General Manager (Treasurer, day to day runnings, bar, paid position)
Football Manager
Sponsorship
Social/fundraising
Netball Manager
Junior Football Manager

Works well, each person from Football manager down has a sub-committee that works under them.

how do other clubs go about appointing coaches?

do they have a football department or football operations manager that review and re-appoint coaching staff or interview and appoint new coaches?

or does it come down to the president and the general committee?

what are some good models in this regard?

how do other clubs go about appointing coaches?

do they have a football department or football operations manager that review and re-appoint coaching staff or interview and appoint new coaches?

or does it come down to the president and the general committee?

what are some good models in this regard?

Pres and Football Manager give recommendation to the Committee

Remove this Banner Ad

Club Heirarchy Setups

Remove this Banner Ad

Back