Universal Love Club song alternatives

Remove this Banner Ad

The Blueseum

History of the Carlton Football Club
Jul 26, 2007
Princes Park
AFL Club
Carlton
Just started playing with AI song generator Udio and created a soul/funk version of our club song.

I quite like it!

Would love to hear the lyrics in other song styles as well. Feel free to post here.

Ha, just noticed the lyrics need to be fixed.

Another

Last edited:

In keeping with the early 20th century tunes, I’ve always thought the song Charleston from the 20s would be good to be adapted as our club song. Especially the first two words screamed out as “Carlton” instead of “Charleston”.

Dude we need these in MP3 format
This is a must-have ringtone

Can you download them from the udio site? No idea how it works yet, just new.

I have downloaded my favourites so far. Have attached them to this post.

Going to muck around with this a bit more in the next few days, bit of fun. Maybe a Bing Crosby version could be good?

My favourite is the Bluegrass version, but I'm a sucker for that style.

Attachments

• Champions Rise.mp3
    1.3 MB
  • Champions' Creed.mp3
    1.3 MB
  • Champions of the Game.mp3
    1.3 MB
  • Old Dark Navy March.mp3
    1.3 MB

Going to muck around with this a bit more in the next few days, bit of fun. Maybe a Bing Crosby version could be good?

I like the Champions Rise version.

giphy.gif

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Did anyone here the Freo nuffie ring up Dwayne on Monday complaining how our song was racist ? (I assume he means the original)
Yes, I heard him. Oddly, Dwayne had never heard of this before, I thought it was pretty well known. Dwayne cut the guy off pretty quickly, and rightly so.

The original "Lily of Laguna" certainly had racist overtones. It was one of a genre known as "c--n songs" (like the former cheese). Generally played in black-face, in a stereotyping, derogatory caricature of black Americans. The song told the story of a young black American man courting a native American woman. The opening verse included lyrics with both "c--n" and "n----r".

However, by the 1940s, the song had been re-written to remove the racist lyrics (recognised as racist even then), and a popular version released by Bing Crosby.

In any case, our club song does not use any of the original lyrics, nor the 1940s era lyrics. It's a bit of a stretch to say that the tune itself is racist, though I imagine that the whole genre of music may be triggering to some.

Awesome! Thanks for posting 🤟
Would you be able to put the Champions Arise version on there as well?
You're amazing!

I want to hear a medieval version of the theme-song, like something you'd hear from Heroes of Might and Magic 3.

I typed in medieval into the prompt and did not get a lot of luck.

This is the best I got with a short experiment.

Actually, put your whole prompt in (all the heroes stuff) and got these two.

Last edited:

Remove this Banner Ad

Universal Love Club song alternatives

Remove this Banner Ad

Back