• Lade

Votes: 1 0.8%
  • Hinkley

Votes: 9 6.8%
  • Other

Votes: 46 34.6%

• Total voters

Remove this Banner Ad

Josh Kennedy to present the Premiership cup to the new coach of the West Coast Eagles.
"Here mate, welcome to West Coast"
West Coast made a bold play yesterday to transform the meaning of the AFL Grand Final by announcing that the winning team's coach will be the next head of the Eagles. AFL House in shambles as interstate coaches embrace the change in tradition.

"Yeah, nah. F*ck the cup, ay" said Lions coach Chris Fagan, "I just want that sweet West Coast job. Ive always dreamed of having the editors of a major newspaper gobble my proverbial just for being in charge of a big club. Cushiest role ever".

"He'll have to get past me first" quipped Sydney coach John Longmire, "Coxy have had the premiership for all I care. Just get me to Perth and out of this overpriced sh*thole! Please!".

No comment could be sourced from AFL CEO Andrew Dillon on this development, as he remains unaware that there even is a Western Australia.

Hopefully holding off on the coach long enough for Baker to choose Freo.

What? Why?

We're not even at trade week yet.

Because we don’t need to get involved just because he wants WA and it’ll diminish our draft hand that will ultimately play a part in our next flag that Baker will have nothing to do with on age profile alone anyway. That’s why

Is Dean Cox coaching Sydney next year and Longmire coaching us?

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Weird takes on Baker but then again plenty were/are raging at Darling leaving so I guess I can't read the room that well.

I'm fairly certain there's been zero rage about Darling. I think you've taken people not agreeing with you that he's making a sacrifice for the club by leaving, whereas most think he's looking out for his own best interests as "raging". Yet to read a single post either dirty on him or raging.

What if said candidate was a stronger chance if his side goes on to win the flag and is more likely an imminent succession to their own current assistant in Coxy?
Still don't think we would have flown the other three out and allowed them to be filmed at the airport etc.. if we thought we had something else lined up. Would have just zoom interviewed them initially

Phil was in Sydney a few weeks ago. Maybe it wasn't players cages he was rattling.
New coach confirmed

p184963_b_h9_ah.jpg

Still don't think we would have flown the other three out and allowed them to be filmed at the airport etc.. if we thought we had something else lined up. Would have just zoom interviewed them initially

I mean of course this is speculation but might be part of why Cox extinguished his chances with us quite quickly if he knows he is next in line and a flag might quicken it up. Like he turned down a head coaching role at his old club - might be because he knows the Sydney gig is his sooner than some may think. Maybe a very high profile and brilliant coach might be becoming far more available as an option the deeper Swans have gone into September.

On flying in the other candidates - I have no issue whatsoever as they are interviewing for a very important role and know they are in the mix and yet to be chosen. Might have actually been Horse on a sneaky zoom interview for all you know

Last edited:

Remove this Banner Ad

Coach Coach for 2025

Back