• Lade

Votes: 2 1.4%
  • Hinkley

Votes: 10 6.8%
  • Other

Votes: 50 34.0%

• Total voters

Remove this Banner Ad

I don’t think that Geelong coaches page has been updated recently. There is no James Rahilly, who returned to Geelong for this season from Adelaide.

Still who knows 🤷‍♂️ The mystery is most intriguing!

From Scarlett’s Wikipedia page.

Scarlett co-owned a Geelong-based restaurant with fellow Geelong footballers Steven King and Kent Kingsley called the George and Dragon Hotel from 2004–2007 until it changed name and ownership due to financial difficulty. Due to the financial difficulty being made known to Scarlett only days before its closure, he headbutted one of his fellow restaurant partners (although it was not said which), although he apologised the next day

"DON'T FORGET YA PRAWNS CRACKERS!"

Jake Gyllenhaal Fight GIF by RoadHouseMovie

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Quick bit of research- Scarlett joined the bulldogs as a part time development coach at the end of 2012. So spent time with King there until 2016 when he left to join Geelong as an assistant coach

Left Geelong at the end of 2021 and as far as I can tell hasn’t been involved with an AFL club since

Was noted for not tolerating fools during his playing career so could be a good addition as I assume our backline coach (replacing Webster who either leaves or goes back to forwards)

Scarlett also belted Ballantine which is another reason to like him
Had a quick look and it seems Scarlett left the Bulldogs in '14.

So he left the Bulldogs before they won the flag and then did the same at Geelong.

All we need to do is get him for a few years and then fire him at the right time and number 5 will be in the bag.

Remove this Banner Ad

Coach Coach for 2025

Back