BlindedByTheLight

Team Captain
Aug 2, 2006
Melbourne North
AFL Club
Fremantle
Other Teams
Nth Queensland Cowboys
I know that there are still a couple of rounds to go, but with at least two clubs - Thomastown and Watsonia - already advertising for coaches for next season I thought that I'd start this thread so as to list out who the coaches will be for next season.

Now I'm not sure if Deano or Rambo have decided to pull the pin after this season, but knowing both I don't think either would want to finish on the note that their team has performed at this season. Or whether the Bears or Saints have to advertise as per their constitution even though they may already have decided on keeping their current coach, but time, or another BigFooty poster, will tell.

Division 1.
Bundoora
Eltham
Greensborough
Heidelberg
Lalor
Macleod
Montmorency. Fab Carelli (Reappointed July 2010)
North Heidelberg
Northcote Park
West Preston

Division 2.
Diamond Creek
Epping
Fitzroy Stars
Lower Plenty
Mernda
Thomastown
Watsonia
Whittlesea

Division 3
Heidelberg West
Hurstbridge
Panton Hill
Parkside
Reservoir
St Marys
South Morang

I reckon there is a few lay downs as re-appointments.

Crosisca - Probably should have been sacked after the Greensborough game :rolleyes: actually has the job for as long as he wants.
Hayes - Has a great following and respect at the Panther, will be there for some time.
Datoli - Done nothing wrong, team improving and a proven coach.
Brandt - First year in Div 1, will be given at least another two years to try and get the Kanga's into the five.
Amad - Club legend that will be given a few more years to try to get the Cougers back to their halcyon days.
Gray - Should be given a few years to see what he can build.
Maylin - May still get another year or two.

Cannot see to many changes in Div 1 actually.

I reckon there is a few lay downs as re-appointments.

Crosisca - Probably should have been sacked after the Greensborough game :rolleyes: actually has the job for as long as he wants.
Hayes - Has a great following and respect at the Panther, will be there for some time.
Datoli - Done nothing wrong, team improving and a proven coach.
Brandt - First year in Div 1, will be given at least another two years to try and get the Kanga's into the five.
Amad - Club legend that will be given a few more years to try to get the Cougers back to their halcyon days.
Gray - Should be given a few years to see what he can build.
Maylin - May still get another year or two.

Cannot see to many changes in Div 1 actually.

Good points Denny. Here are the confirmed updates that I know:
Division 1.
Bundoora
Eltham
Greensborough
Heidelberg
Lalor
Macleod. Cristian Brandt (Reappointed Aug 2010)
Montmorency. Fab Carelli (Reappointed July 2010)
North Heidelberg
Northcote Park
West Preston

Division 2.
Diamond Creek
Epping. Mario Bandera (Reappointed Aug 2010)
Fitzroy Stars
Lower Plenty
Mernda
Thomastown
Watsonia
Whittlesea

Division 3
Heidelberg West
Hurstbridge
Panton Hill
Parkside
Reservoir
St Marys
South Morang

Here are the latest updates:

Division 1.
Bundoora
Eltham
Greensborough
Heidelberg
Macleod. Cristian Brandt (Reappointed)
Montmorency. Fab Carelli (Reappointed)
North Heidelberg. Leigh Gray (Reappointed)
Northcote Park
West Preston
Whittlesea

Division 2.
Diamond Creek
Epping. Mario Bandera (Reappointed)
Fitzroy Stars
Hurstbridge
Lalor
Lower Plenty
Mernda
Thomastown (new)

Division 3
Heidelberg West
Panton Hill
Parkside
Reservoir. Robert Docherty (Reappointed)
St Marys
South Morang
Watsonia (new)

Division 1.
Bundoora
Eltham
Greensborough
Heidelberg
Northcote Park
West Preston
Whittlesea

Division 2.
Diamond Creek
Fitzroy Stars
Hurstbridge Darren Blyth (Reappointed)
Lalor
Lower Plenty
Mernda
Thomastown (new)

Division 3.
Heidelberg West
Panton Hill
Parkside
St Marys
South Morang
Watsonia (new)

Wayne Harmes announced last night that he would not be re-applying for the senior coaching role at the Lower Plenty Bears. Thus the club now begins the search for a replacement. Good opportunity for someone with the right credentials to takeover a young side that was runner up this season, and has plenty more improvement ahead of it leading into next!

Division 1.
Bundoora
Eltham
Greensborough
Heidelberg
Northcote Park
West Preston. Vinnie Dattoli (reappointed)
Whittlesea

Division 2.
Diamond Creek
Fitzroy Stars
Lalor
Lower Plenty (new)
Mernda
Thomastown (new)

Division 3.
Heidelberg West
Panton Hill
Parkside
St Marys. Kym Irvine (Reappointed)
South Morang
Watsonia (new)

Wayne Harmes announced last night that he would not be re-applying for the senior coaching role at the Lower Plenty Bears. Thus the club now begins the search for a replacement. Good opportunity for someone with the right credentials to takeover a young side that was runner up this season, and has plenty more improvement ahead of it leading into next!

Thanks Brutal, just confirms what I heard mid last week. And rumor has it that the new coach may very well be from a rival club. Has already been sounded out by people of influence, apparently.

Thanks Brutal, just confirms what I heard mid last week. And rumor has it that the new coach may very well be from a rival club. Has already been sounded out by people of influence, apparently.

I think there are a couple of applicants already. Our good friend Terry Wallace is in charge of the process, so we`ll see what happens!

John Garrard had a 2 year deal with PH and this was his 1st. Assistants in Jayson Burleigh and Joffa Byron remaining on also with Paul Haydock joining The group too.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Division 1.
Bundoora. Phil Maylin (Reappointed)
Eltham
Greensborough
Heidelberg
Northcote Park
West Preston. Vinnie Dattoli (Reappointed)
Whittlesea

Division 2.
Diamond Creek (new)
Fitzroy Stars
Lalor
Lower Plenty (new)
Mernda. Hayden Lamaro (Reappointed)
Thomastown (new)

Division 3.
Heidelberg West
Panton Hill. Johnathan Garrard (Reappointed)
Parkside
St Marys. Kym Irvine (Reappointed)
South Morang
Watsonia. Gavin Taylor (New)

Gavin Taylor has actually coached Watsonia before - not too long ago either. However, due to ill health, he was forced to resign from his position as coach. Now, Gavin is fighting fit and brings back with him to Watsonia a strong passion for the club. Gavin has also been involved with clubs in the Western Region where he had much success and was recently involved with a TAC cup side.

Gavin Taylor has actually coached Watsonia before - not too long ago either. However, due to ill health, he was forced to resign from his position as coach. Now, Gavin is fighting fit and brings back with him to Watsonia a strong passion for the club. Gavin has also been involved with clubs in the Western Region where he had much success and was recently involved with a TAC cup side.

Was he the guy that had a life threatening illness?

Whats happening with Diamo's situation with their sooky la la coach, is he gone or are they going to let him retain the job, even after quitting.
what was his name?
From what i understand he is gone, apparently he gave everyone a fair spray on the way out the door so i dont think they are to keen to have him back, but i have heard he may pop up next year possibly coaching Lower...

Quote:
Originally Posted by The hurricane
Whats happening with Diamo's situation with their sooky la la coach, is he gone or are they going to let him retain the job, even after quitting.
what was his name?

From what i understand he is gone, apparently he gave everyone a fair spray on the way out the door so i dont think they are to keen to have him back, but i have heard he may pop up next year possibly coaching Lower...

Would be a bad move by the Bears if he is considered/appointed and would set them back from where they are now. Would be better off appointing the other rival coach's name that I originally heard was interested/had been sounded out. What's the go Brutal ?

Quote:
what was his name?

Would be a bad move by the Bears if he is considered/appointed and would set them back from where they are now. Would be better off appointing the other rival coach's name that I originally heard was interested/had been sounded out. What's the go Brutal ?

The other rival coach you mention had a meeting with Plough last night I think. Not sure of the whole process, but I know there are about 6 applicants. Should all be done and dusted by the the AGM towards the end of this month.

Quote:
what was his name?

Have since heard that he has withdrawn his application!

Remove this Banner Ad

Coaching Appointments for Season 2011

Remove this Banner Ad

Back