Colin Sylvia

Remove this Banner Ad

Only had eyes for the ball which is fair enough.

Brad Johnson and Harris also had a collision, as did the two runners!

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Definitly was a lack of communication which is extremely concerning but I wouldn't question Sylvia as a player. For 12 weeks in a row now he has been the only one who has generated something exciting out of our 2 losses

goDees22 said:
According to the 5th quarter, Ferguson is out for 12 weeks. And Nicholson gets another lucky break:mad:

Stupidity on Sylvia's behalf.

Hopefully Warnock recovers soon and they bring him in. Nicho will just bring the same old crap, and really the way we're going we don't have much to lose.

Don't mind Carrol as he is the sort of tough defender the dees need. Ferguson is not the answer IMO, too soft, saw him nerly cry v the Pies last year after he took a hit. Rivers should be back next week to replace him.

Two things:
1) Both players had eyes for the ball but there was a serious lack of talking, it happens all the time in football. Makes the players look like morons but it always happens
2) Ryan Ferguson is built like a stick but he is NOT soft. He puts the club before himself in every contest he hits. He is constantly going back with the flight of the ball which is something you cannot teach a kid. He is extremely couragous on the footy field.

Jimmy_the_Gent said:
Is it just me or did Sylvia have a bad game overall? I didn't see him hit too many targets.

I was at the game, and the report on afl.com.au confirms that Sylvia was our 2nd best player behind Bruce. He was rested deep in the forward line for many many frustrating periods. I'd imagine he played about 75% game time, which is good but not for a player that was dominating to the extent that he was in the 1st quarter where he was taken off for 10 minutes after having 7 possies, 4 marks, 1 goal. He did miss a few targets ON GOALl, he could have kicked 4 goals very easily.

oooze said:
I was at the game, and the report on afl.com.au confirms that Sylvia was our 2nd best player behind Bruce. He was rested deep in the forward line for many many frustrating periods. I'd imagine he played about 75% game time, which is good but not for a player that was dominating to the extent that he was in the 1st quarter where he was taken off for 10 minutes after having 7 possies, 4 marks, 1 goal. He did miss a few targets ON GOALl, he could have kicked 4 goals very easily.

They have to rest him because of his OP. After 3 years, it's finally under control. Can you imagine our midfield if it flared up again? God help us all.

He had a very good game. His pressure is fantastic, as are his tackling skills. I don't mind him being rested up forward, because he is probably the best overhead mark for his size in our side (Robbo aside), and he can actually kick straight.

He is almost too enthusiastic out there, and as a result gives away a few too many stupid free-kicks. It's great to have someone in your side hungry for the pill and the contest, but he needs to control those arms... they could kill someone! ;)

Sylvia is one of the few positives that I have taken out of our last 2 games. He is ready to really rip games open and become a star midfielder. The OP merely delayed this.

if you watch videos of the incident, there wasn't any more contact from Sylvia to Fergeson than there is in nearly any other speccie attempt. Was very gutsy by Fergy and a little careless by Sylvia. The talk was there from neither player aswell :(

Unfortunately, Warnock is out of the frame for another few weeks. Hopefully Rivers can come back next week as a direct swap for Fergy,

Remove this Banner Ad

Colin Sylvia

Remove this Banner Ad

Back