List Mgmt. Collingwood List Management 2023

Remove this Banner Ad

I can't see how she's leave. She mentioned about other players leaving to rival clubs.

She turned down top dollar from Brisbane to stay at Collingwood. I believe it was after the Lions won the premiership. So, I can't see her moving to a team that is yet to win a game of football (officially).

St Kilda is interested in landing Collingwood co-captain Steph Chiocci and ball magnet Jaimee Lambert as part of an AFLW recruiting drive.
It’s understood the Saints have been talking to Chiocci about a potential move to Moorabbin depending on how the league’s list management mechanisms unfold over the coming weeks.

St Kilda is also in the box seat to land Brisbane Lions spearhead Jesse Wardlaw, but is likely to lose Kate Shierlaw to North Melbourne while Tarni White and Clara Fitzpatrick could head to Gold Coast.

The Pies are under siege from rival clubs with Sydney making a strong play for star Magpies utility Chloe Molloy.

After a winless first season, the Swans are determined to land a big fish, with Molloy firming for a move to the Harbour City on what would almost certainly be a six-figure package.
The Saints showed interest in three-time Pies best and fairest Lambert last year, with sources confirming they are again testing the waters about landing the Collingwood prime mover.

Chiocci, 34, was the Pies’ foundation captain, sharing the leadership with Brianna Davey in recent seasons. The Saints are believed to have interest in the winger both for her leadership capabilities as well as her outside run following the loss of Cat Phillips to Essendon last year.

Can they not?

Just when we put together a good list ...

Although if push came to shove, rather lose Chiocci over Molloy.
Same.
I think we can survive without Steph, but the other two are non negotiable.

Need longer contracts. Two years was a start, but also useless since they’re not enforcing them.

With a crowded Victorian draft our only real chance of meaningfully contesting in finals to is add Davey and Bonnici to the existing group. Losing either or both of Molloy and Lambert counters that and would essentially ensure at best another mid table season.

Chiocci is way past her best, it might be logical to move her on. If we do we can free up some salary cap. As for Lambert, St Kilda currently holds the third round selection for the Vic draft. As long as the AFL doesn't interferer with the current draft order, St Kilda will have to trade well and they have plenty of good youngsters. Personally I'd take Tyanna Smith for the pair and their first rounder.

Chiocci is way past her best, it might be logical to move her on. If we do we can free up some salary cap. As for Lambert, St Kilda currently holds the third round selection for the Vic draft. As long as the AFL doesn't interferer with the current draft order, St Kilda will have to trade well and they have plenty of good youngsters. Personally I'd take Tyanna Smith for the pair and their first rounder.
The draft is an over age draft, so not sure draft picks would hold too much interest.

The draft is an over age draft, so not sure draft picks would hold too much interest.
They don't, not at all. The pick is just there for balancing the squad. It might as well be a last round pick in a standard draft.

FFS
The AFL has confirmed AFLW concessions for Sydney, Hawthorn, Essendon and Port Adelaide, all but confirming Chloe Molloy's easy passage to the Swans. These four clubs will be able to sign a certain number of players without a trade.

Sydney has zeroed in on Collingwood AFLW star Chloe Molloy in a bid to bolster the Swans’ stocks after a winless first season.
Having missed out on prime targets Ellie Blackburn, Emily Bates and Nat Grider ahead of their entrance into the league last year, Sydney has upped the ante and is strongly courting Molloy.

The versatile midfield-forward has twice been named All-Australian, won the Pies’ best and fairest in 2018 and finished third in the award in the most recently completed AFLW season, a campaign in which Collingwood again made the finals.

Molloy, 24, has been the subject of rival interest in previous seasons and has thus far stuck with the Pies. However the Swans are likely to be cashed up after being knocked back by some of the league’s stars last year, leaving them well-positioned for a raid. Molloy also previously worked with Swans coach Scott Gowans during his time as a Collingwood assistant.

FFS
The AFL has confirmed AFLW concessions for Sydney, Hawthorn, Essendon and Port Adelaide, all but confirming Chloe Molloy's easy passage to the Swans. These four clubs will be able to sign a certain number of players without a trade.

This is bullshit. Why even bother having contracts beyond a year. Just draft the whole league every season and be done with it.

FFS
The AFL has confirmed AFLW concessions for Sydney, Hawthorn, Essendon and Port Adelaide, all but confirming Chloe Molloy's easy passage to the Swans.
She already had an easy passage. Could've just nominated for the NSW draft, no trade required.

Today's announcement means Collingwood have a much better chance of fair compensation if Molloy does want to join Sydney:
The AFLW's list committee will determine any relevant compensation, which could include draft picks ahead of AFLW Season Nine in 2024.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

She looks like a hypcrite if she does go.

But money talks. But lets hope Lambert doesn't leave.

At least we can only lose 2 players from this raid.

Make people even care less about the Womens Team

No, it doesn't.
Players come and go. We will survive.
Actually, I agree with TradeDraft. We're trying to build a team and the AFL keep interfering with clubs believing that tearing down a club just to build a new one is good for the for competition. Expansion have been a joke process since their inauguration. I can't see how it doesn't turn people off from AFLW. That being said, I can't imagine Collingwood without Chloe Molloy. If she does leave, she will be the ultimate hypocrite, I'm just curious how much money Sydney are going to throw her way to leave?

Though our Best and Most Popular Player
We cant forced players to stay just like the mens. We have a good culture. Often playing finals. If players want to sacrifice that for more cash others can offer, not our fault.

Actually, I agree with TradeDraft. We're trying to build a team and the AFL keep interfering with clubs believing that tearing down a club just to build a new one is good for the for competition. Expansion have been a joke process since their inauguration. I can't see how it doesn't turn people off from AFLW. That being said, I can't imagine Collingwood without Chloe Molloy. If she does leave, she will be the ultimate hypocrite, I'm just curious how much money Sydney are going to throw her way to leave?
I do blame the AFL for this. No way did it need to be this much. But yes, Chloe would be a hyocrite if she leaves, given all her previous comments.

North Robbed Us Big Time when they Entered AFLW

We cant forced players to stay just like the mens. We have a good culture. Often playing finals. If players want to sacrifice that for more cash others can offer, not our fault.

You said she wanted to be 1 Team Player and that just Spitting On It IF she leaves

Hypocrite

I'm just curious how much money Sydney are going to throw her way to leave?
Doesn’t sit right that the AFL has allowed 4 clubs to offer unlimited third party contracts to a set number of players plus a longer AFLW contract than other clubs can offer. This combo basically eliminates any chance a players existing club can offset the third part deal via greater AFLW security.

Makes it impossible for middle rung clubs to climb to the next level and potentially sees those middle rung clubs jumped by clubs receiving greater player payments.

Doesn’t sit right that the AFL has allowed 4 clubs to offer unlimited third party contracts to a set number of players plus a longer AFLW contract than other clubs can offer. This combo basically eliminates any chance a players existing club can offset the third part deal via greater AFLW security.

Makes it impossible for middle rung clubs to climb to the next level and potentially sees those middle rung clubs jumped by clubs receiving greater player payments.

Sydney are the single club able to offer extended deals.

I think Sydney would be highly unlikely to go past the teams ranked 8-11 unless they attract several superstars.

Much more likely is that they get 2-3 good players and instead increase their percentage into the 60’s which is good for the comp.

For the other clubs inducing players has proven tough due to other football and life priorities and this is just extending the expansion signings period from 1 to 2 seasons and providing some mechanism for evening up the comp and making matches more even.

The AFL is rightfully criticised about many things but is there a better way of going about spreading talent across the AFLW because not many are offering criticism while offering better solutions to the problem.

Looks like Molloy is going to Sydney, according to Sarah Black.
What a hypocrite she is, in terms of being loyal to the club, but if she wants out, then don't let the door hit you on the way out.
To me, she usually plays a few good games at the start of the season, then tapers off as the season goes on. It will be interesting to see how she goes in a side that will have alot more dependence on her to perform at a high level consistently.
Hopefully we are well compensated and regenerate with a future young gun.
We get back two real heart and soul players of the team in Bonnici and Davey, which are more than enough to cover Molloy and potentially Chiocci moving on, hopefully Lambert stays 🙏.

Remove this Banner Ad

List Mgmt. Collingwood List Management 2023

Remove this Banner Ad

Back