List Mgmt. COLLINGWOOD Trade and F/A Discussion 2023

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Mal Michael was not fringe, 8th in Copeland one year, but he became a much better player at Brisbane

Bulked up, became more daring, integral to Brion's triple premiership
I reckon Brett James was under appreciated - then won flags at the Crows?.

Sent from my VOG-L09 using Tapatalk

Kelly and Begg still have not had their futures sured up. Should hear about them soon.

With Lycett considering retirement, maybe Begg is spared.

Still not sure about Kelly. Gut says he stays, even though a DFA like McLaughlin (who is a forward but I like him either way) would be better. May be short on defenders in that case but Kelly isn't strong in the position.

Last edited:
Anyone’s thoughts on grabbing James Stewart or Brynn Teakle or both for depth?
Stewart = defensive cover. Might be needed if we cut Kelly or lost another defender to injury over pre-season. Short-term solution on a one year deal that wouldn't cost much.

Teakle = average ruck at AFL level. Would be a step up from Begg.

Anyone’s thoughts on grabbing James Stewart or Brynn Teakle or both for depth?
Sad Season 9 GIF by The Office

Kelly and Begg still up in the air. Should hear about them soon.

With Lycett considering retirement, maybe Begg is spared.

Still not sure about Kelly. Gut says he stays, even though a DFA like McLaughlin (who is a forward but I like him either way) would be better. May be short on defenders in that case but Kelly isn't strong in the position.
Begg and Kelly? What?

Lots of complaints about our trading in the past. Who was the last pies player traded our that won a premiership? Nick Davis? Am I missing anyone. Given that about a third of our premiership team started elsewhere, feel like we're doing alright.

I can't see myself grabbing either of those two guys, there's better players to grab

I want us to pick up Blake Coleman and try him at half back.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Come on… Bobby was 22 when we traded him in, of course he was going to develop further, that’s a natural part of being a young footballer finding your feet. To say that McStay can magically develop into a top 4-5 league KPF after 9 years of playing/developing is nonsense. He is what he is, if he can get 1.5-2 goals per game next year he’s probably exceeding expectations.
Please don’t act like Dan is a developing player. Free agents are what they are, he’s the finished product, and that’s ok, he’s what we need with our forward line makeup. A mobile tall that doesn’t often get outmarked, who can bring the ball to ground and let our smalls get to work.
Mcstay was third tall behind big Joe and Hipwood
I think our role allows him to flourish more as key forward
He looked so good in preliminary

Wonder what it would cost us to move up to Eagles first pick at the start of the 2nd round

Out of interest who is Clayton Oliver's manager?

Some of these player managers must think their only responsibility is signing contracts and that is it.

I don't think Ginnivans manager is doing him any favours. Should have told him to pull his head in ages ago.

Sent from my Pixel 7 Pro using Tapatalk
Walter White

I can think of one possible exception- Nathan Ablett at GC Suns?

Signed via a preseason draft from memory after retiring from the Cats. Not sure that fits the bill as there wasn’t any bidding process, he just agreed to sign with them.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back