List Mgmt. COLLINGWOOD Trade and F/A Discussion

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.

I’d look at James Worpel if he was available this year. He’s contracted till 2023.

Yes he is a good player but not sure he is a FB size ready to handle McKay and Lynch 200 to 204cm types.
Honestly I’d be looking at him as a Howe replacement. Jezza isn’t getting any younger. He’d also go alright as a Maynard replacement if we want to release Bruz in to the midfield.

His marks are often sporadic and not when the heats on the game, goes missing when team needs him. Flakey.
Yes, I have a feeling he’ll likely be replaced by one of Henry, Reef, Murley, Harrison etc in the not too distant future. With our forward line fully fit I think he’ll start to feel the heat a bit more.

Yes, I have a feeling he’ll likely be replaced by one of Henry, Reef, Murley, Harrison etc in the not too distant future. With our forward line fully fit I think he’ll start to feel the heat a bit more.
I think it'll be a while away. He's a decent AFL player - fully fit we've got about 18 of them. Need about 8 more blokes to get up to speed before he's in any real danger.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

He’s bang on his career average this year and that’s more than I can say about stevo, which was the comparison I was responding to.
His career average is affected by playing on the wing in his first year with us, as well as being put in defence for periods of time too.
Either way though, someone averaging less than a goal a game as a forward can hardly be described as someone who ‘kicks goals’. I’m well aware that you were comparing him to Stevo, does that give you license to put mayo on what WHE actually does these days?

His career average is affected by playing on the wing in his first year with us, as well as being put in defence for periods of time too.
Either way though, someone averaging less than a goal a game as a forward can hardly be described as someone who ‘kicks goals’. I’m well aware that you were comparing him to Stevo, does that give you license to put mayo on what WHE actually does these days?
Yes.

Final year of his contract isn’t it? Can’t see him getting a new deal at Collingwood
He’s played every game this year and at worst would be handy depth. He’ll be offered 1 or 2 years on modest coin.

Who would you cut at seasons end? In no particular order I expect Wilson, C Brown, Cox, WHE and Roughie to be on the way out at seasons end
I'd have WHE on the safe list:

These are the blokes who I think will need to show something during the rest of the season:

Chugg, Bianco, Callum, Wilson, Kelly, Roughy, Murphy, Madgen, Cox

They won't all go, but I don't think any of them would be feeling particularly safe if their contracts are up.

I'd have WHE on the safe list:

These are the blokes who I think will need to show something during the rest of the season:

Chugg, Bianco, Callum, Wilson, Kelly, Roughy, Murphy, Madgen, Cox

They won't all go, but I don't think any of them would be safe if their contracts are up.

Call me crazy but I’d rather keep Magden than WHE. I think magden will still improve and puts his body on the line for the team, WHE is just a down hill skier who does something flashy once every 3 weeks then spuds it up most weeks.

Call me crazy but I’d rather keep Magden than WHE. I think magden will still improve and puts his body on the line for the team, WHE is just a down hill skier who does something flashy once every 3 weeks then spuds it up most weeks.
I partially agree, I respect Madgen more as he does put it on the line for the team and do think that he maybe kept depending upon who we get in to strengthen the backline over the off season

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back