List Mgmt. COLLINGWOOD Trade and F/A Discussion

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm bullish on Ollie Henry. The kid is a very good contested mark and is a nice set shot for goal. He appears to be a confidence player and hopefully his confidence will grow with every passing match. I consider him a long-term prospect that will do well for the Pies.

Poulter is another that shows promise but the kid is all 'dick and ribs' at the moment and needs another pre-season (or two) to really fill out. He has the potential to be very good but will take time to develop. I would be willing to invest heavily into him.

Macrae is an interesting one. I was excited when we landed him and had high expectations (perhaps a little unreasonably?) He is definitely worth pursuing but I must admit that I thought his development would have been a little quicker than what it has been. My expectations were that he would be pushing for senior selection every week and that just doesn't seem to be the case. Perhaps there is a little unrest there? I'm not sure but I hope he develops and becomes a regular senior player - he certainly has the pedigree.
Macrae, Hopefully we are trying to develop certain parts of his game and it’s best served doing this is the right role and through the VFL. I think he will come on nicely, he needs to get more of it through his own endeavour, (a few high 30+ games) I think his time will come but will be a slower burn than we all hoped for.

Henry will be a 200 game Collingwood rockstar by the time he’s done, I don’t worry about kids leaving because in my head……..why.?

Poults didn’t look out of place at AFL when he debuted last year apart from his frame, seemed on pace with it, he should be another that matures nicely.

I read an article the other week that interviewed Henry. He basically said he's loving it at the Pies, loving living in Melbourne and his independence. He said he's got the best of both worlds because the family is just down the road. I'm not worried about him at all. Seems like a great kid with an awesome attitude who is engaged by his career and the club. I wish I could link you the article it was a good read.
This should be the article you refer to: 'Don't psych yourself out': How Henry banished his mental demons
1654229188897.png

Still wouldn't mind getting Schache for real cheap.

Kicked 4 in the first half so far tonight.
I’d be ok with that actually. Our ball movement that creates a nice open forward line would suit him imo.

I’d be ok with that actually. Our ball movement that creates a nice open forward line would suit him imo.

I find you an insightful contributor Apex and generally agree with 90% of your posts.

I’m going to put this one in the other 10%.

I can see what you’re saying but I just think Schache is too outside and not contested enough.

On iPhone using BigFooty.com mobile app

I find you an insightful contributor Apex and generally agree with 90% of your posts.

I’m going to put this one in the other 10%.

I can see what you’re saying but I just think Schache is too outside and not contested enough.

That’s fair enough. And to clarify I wouldn’t do a deal if it meant we’d be paying anything significant. It would have to be a Roughead/Dunn type deal at this point.

I wouldn’t mind Darcy Fogarty. I’m probably in the minority, but I think I’d choose him over Daniel Mcstay.

My reasons are:

1) He’ll be much cheaper and is on the outer at the Crows.

2) He’s younger and could definitely improve. He might need to leave the Adelaide pressure bubble.

3) if you compare their 2021 stats, you can see that Darcy Fogarty wasn’t way worse. He was actually quite similar. Goals: 1.4 to 1.5.

You have to remember this is with Mcstay playing 3rd fiddle. Darcy always play as the 2nd KPP or at times the 1st (Walker missing end of last year).

Mcstay & Darcy are both not game changers imo. However, I rather have the cheaper option.

Fogarty, Mihocek & Krueger could be a good agile forward line.

Attachments

• C9371CBD-8E61-4677-A449-870A606B45CA.png
    C9371CBD-8E61-4677-A449-870A606B45CA.png
    78 KB · Views: 42

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I wouldn’t mind Darcy Fogarty. I’m probably in the minority, but I think I’d choose him over Daniel Mcstay.

My reasons are:

2) He’s younger and could definitely improve. He might need to leave the Adelaide pressure bubble.

3) if you compare their 2021 stats, you can see that Darcy Fogarty wasn’t way worse. He was actually quite similar. Goals: 1.4 to 1.5.

You have to remember this is with Mcstay playing 3rd fiddle. Darcy always play as the 2nd KPP or at times the 1st (Walker missing end of last year).

Mcstay & Darcy are both not game changers imo. However, I rather have the cheaper option.

I think McStay provides a better contest than Forgarty

My reasons are:

Devils advocate...

To get Fogarty we would need to trade for him. To get McStay we wouldn't. That's an important difference in their cost.

McStay is tall enough to hold down key forward. Fogarty is more in the mould of our other leading forwards Johnson, Mihocek and Henry. There's a sameness there.

McStay has played 2nd or 3rd forward. As the 3rd he plays as the high workrate link up player. I don't think we can really know if that's had a negative impact on his scoreboard impact.

Last edited:
Devils advocate...

To get Fogarty we would need to trade for him. To get McStay we wouldn't. That's an important difference in their cost.

McStay is tall enough to hold down key forward. Fogarty is more in the mould of our other leading forwards Johnson, Mihocek and Henry. There's a sameness there.

McStay has played 2nd or 3rd forward. As the 3rd he plays as the high workrate link up player. I don't think we can really know if that's had a negative impact on his scoreboard impact.

Fogarty would be a late 3rounder if that and probably 200k - 250k cheaper.

McStay is listed 1cm taller than Fogarty.

I rather save the $250k a year and try build with a younger player. Also, Fogarty could improve. People are rubbishing him and he’s producing okay stats in a bad team. McStay is producing similar stats playing 3rd fiddle in the 2nd best team.

I rather save the $250k a year and try build with a younger player. Also, Fogarty could improve. People are rubbishing him and he’s producing okay stats in a bad team. McStay is producing similar stats playing 3rd fiddle in the 2nd best team.

I didn’t realise Fogarty was now listed at 194. That’s closer to KP height than I thought he was.

You’re right in that he’s more likely to improve than McStay but I don’t think the crows would let him go for a third.

I’m unsure. I think McStay is too similar to checkers and Kreuger but I think Fogarty is a bit similar to what we have with Henry and AJ as that medium tall.

I didn’t realise Fogarty was now listed at 194. That’s closer to KP height than I thought he was.

You’re right in that he’s more likely to improve than McStay but I don’t think the crows would let him go for a third.

I’m unsure. I think McStay is too similar to checkers and Kreuger but I think Fogarty is a bit similar to what we have with Henry and AJ as that medium tall.

Elliot Himmelberg (out of contract) would be my choice, taller and cheaper

We're the home away from home for South Australians.
We can get Brodes to take them under his wing, as long as he doesn't fill their heads with New Age crap.

I stand corrected on their heights. I thought Fogarty was shorter and McStay taller.

I'm not sure you can say with any certainty that Fogarty would be cheaper or at least by how much. Typically when you target a player for a move you fork out for it, particularly a young key forward.

I'm not sure the bottom vs top argument is very persuasive tbh and I think it's tough to judge. If you're a 3rd tall playing higher up the ground you're going to get less opportunities than if you're the target man. Equally you're probably going to have an easier opponent and that will help you. It would take some kinda analysis to pick that all apart.

One thing that does seem to separate them is attitude, work rate and competitiveness in the air. McStay has him covered there.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back