List Mgmt. COLLINGWOOD Trade and F/A Discussion

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
I feel like he’s a C grader legit.
Looks like he will be our C grader, I just have to trust that the new admin knows what their doing. In his defence, he is playing a defensive role on May and doing it quite well. We don't get to see him closer to goal because thats his not role but I asked choco Williams at a VFL game between Casey and Port Melbourns about McStay and he told me that he would be a much better player closer to goal. BTW, the reason I was at that game is because my nephew is playing for Port

Looks like he will be our C grader, I just have to trust that the new admin knows what their doing. In his defence, he is playing a defensive role on May and doing it quite well. We don't get to see him closer to goal because thats his not role but I asked choco Williams at a VFL game between Casey and Port Melbourns about McStay and he told me that he would be a much better player closer to goal. BTW, the reason I was at that game is because my nephew is playing for Port

I’ll certainly cheer for him if he comes, it’s just hard to get excited about him based on all I’ve seen, bar last week where he had a day out.

Counted 3 beautiful passes from McStay. Each one direct to a Melbourne player. Dropped a sitter, but to his credit recovered and sent a beautiful pass to Hipwood. Fumbled the ball when running into an open goal and couldn't hold out the Dee's player who touched it on the line.

Struggling to see why the interest.

Ideally we want him to stink it up.

The last thing we’d want is him to get 20 and kick 4. Then every club would hunt and turn it into a crazy bidding war.
Yes, because clubs will concentrate on one great game and ignore the bulk of his performances… 🙄

I feel that Henry either signs with us or goes to play with his brother. He is worth somewhere in the 12-20 range in terms of draft picks. If magically Henry picks Hawthorn and Mitchell picks Collingwood then maybe 24 and Mitchell for a 3rd rounder and Henry would be close. I dont think that deal pleases anyone which makes it about right.

Haha I'm not so sure, I reckon Hawks take that deal

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I’ll certainly cheer for him if he comes, it’s just hard to get excited about him based on all I’ve seen, bar last week where he had a day out.
And I can understand why. You also have to factor in how he fits into our forward line, we have a very dynamic , potent and diverse forward line, a big strong body who can give a real contest unlike cox, is just what we need. It's our midfield that needs another extracter and mitchell is perfect and at a good price. Add to that a 200cm defender in Frampton who can really play and super quick high half forward like Hill and you can already feel the extra power

Ideally we want him to stink it up.

The last thing we’d want is him to get 20 and kick 4. Then every club would hunt and turn it into a crazy bidding war.

The only threat coming from other football departments in regards to the McStay deal is that our guys might slip on all the puddles of piss lying around when the other teams find out what we are offering to pay him.

Counted 3 beautiful passes from McStay. Each one direct to a Melbourne player. Dropped a sitter, but to his credit recovered and sent a beautiful pass to Hipwood. Fumbled the ball when running into an open goal and couldn't hold out the Dee's player who touched it on the line.

Struggling to see why the interest.
He sounds like a bigger taller Mihocek.

McStay will end up like another Jesse White.

That’s a hilarious way to minimise locking up the best defender in the competition.
It's good to have players like that, but a) not on the kind of money that's being reported, and b) not when you don't have other players who can dominate the opposition. I don't see the point in having players who negate the defences rebounding ability without being able to hit the scoreboard. Might as well just play any sort of defender up forward to do a similar job

Just seems like a fancy way of justifying him not being that good to be honest

It's good to have players like that, but a) not on the kind of money that's being reported, and b) not when you don't have other players who can dominate the opposition. I don't see the point in having players who negate the defence without being able to hit the scoreboard.

Just seems like a fancy way of justifying him not being that good to be honest
Do you not think it a logical consequence that mitigating the impact of tall elite defenders will allow for more scoring?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back