List Mgmt. COLLINGWOOD Trade and F/A Discussion

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Noble would belt the crap out of him
Fire Oops GIF

This is what it always comes down too, he's not Wayne Carey and he's paid to much. How do you know the deal is 600k per year? Have you seen the contract? When speaking about Collingwood the media always adds zeros and clubs like Richmond they subtract them and suckers fall for it everytime.

Do I know for certain? No, of course not.

But it is the figure that has been widely circulated. Amongst all types of media and media personalities.

So I am much more likely to believe it to be accurate, or close to accurate, rather than your subjective view that we are unfairly victimised as a whole club, and it has therefore been fabricated.

Average AFL player salary is $372,224.

IMO $600k is ridiculous to pay for McStay, who himself is an average AFL player..
Agreed. But why would we offer $600k? I read that the Lions offer is “nearly $500k”. I reckon that $500k will easily do it. The media somehow round these things up to the nearest hundred and imagine all outbids are in $100k multiples. If someone else wants McStay it’ll be reported to be $700k.

I think the first, second, third forward is the wrong way to look at it.

To me it's about how good your forward line is at scoring or locking it in with different entry types. Due to pace, smarts and finishing skills, our forward line is good with quick entries - we hit up and double back really well, but we aren't very good at scoring or locking it in when the defence is set and we're bombing it to the hotspot. No one in the league takes many marks in that situation and McStay certainly won't, but he'll bring it to ground and importantly keep his feet and stay in the contest and just as importantly, he's a lovely kick, so when chances fall his way it often involves his team scoring. He'll make our forward line better with the entry type that we're currently not effective at.

Sounds very familiar to the Tom Lynch role at Richmond - I am sure Hardwick at times when Lynch was struggling for goals made those comments. Main difference is that Lynch has the capacity to also win a game off his own boot.

I was waiting for the McStay comments and they didn't disappoint. Brisbane played poorly in the first half and he made the most of opportunities. He's the bloke that will be good enough. He did kick the winner and annoy Lever which I rate.

I am genuinely excited regardless of the result tonight. Collingwood has really been transformed by becoming less arrogant, more accepting and a more entertaining team. Fans might not like us that much but our lack of drama this year has been refreshing.

Average AFL player salary is $372,224.

IMO $600k is ridiculous to pay for McStay, who himself is an average AFL player..
That's the average for blokes on an AFL list. He's a 150 game player. Averages for that would be much higher.

No idea what he should be paid, but similar pay to Mihocek, I think.

Sounds very familiar to the Tom Lynch role at Richmond - I am sure Hardwick at times when Lynch was struggling for goals made those comments. Main difference is that Lynch has the capacity to also win a game off his own boot.
There's no doubt that we'd prefer Tom Lynch if he was available and we could afford him.

They are taking the piss aren't they. Head of development is pleased with the progress of a 25 yo in his 8th season who they are not offering another contract to, who has been playing SANFL since round 8 but know another club has some interest.

The are clearing hoping we are silly enough to stump up a 3rd rounder. He is clearly a DFA or trade for a pick we would otherwise not use. He has been down back for a season and a half without making it and 24 games over 8 seasons says he is not AFL standard. No one on this board has been able to come up with a player who has 8 seasons in the AFL with little production and then makes it. As for learning the back craft he has been at that for a season and a half. It doesnt take that long. Liam Jones struggled as a forward, much less than Frampton though, was immediately an excellent KPB, on moving down there. A young Ben Reid had 3 seasons as a forward then went back and was flag CHB in his 1st season there and AA the next etc etc

Frampton has to be the very definition of a list clogger. Ben Kinnear used to be joked about on this board for the length of time he stayed on the list, 7 seasons for 50 games. Thats twice as good as Framptons 24 in 8. What evidence can there be that after 8 season he will reinvent himself. SANFL form for a mature player after all this time surely isnt the answer

Surely we shouldnt waste a list space on someone in their 9th season who has been booted by 2 other clubs
I was impressed with Frampton in the few games he played for the Crows last year. I'd welcome a 200cm mobile, versatile player into our club. Clearly, we don't have the money or picks to get top drawer players so we have to go about improving our list in different ways. Teams have different needs. Heath Scotland was a class player who couldn't get a run in our stacked midfield. The Crows have some good young key position players who they preferred. Who would you suggest we recruit to help out our tall stocks?

I hear what you are saying but no issues giving him a crack for little cost. Say Moore gets injured again given his previous history, who plays? We don’t have a replacement for roughy, let alone Moore. Deans shown simply that he’s chronically injured at this point, Kelly will be delisted, McMahon isn’t ready. Only viable option would be kreuger down back at this stage, depending on our plans for mcstay. IMO our interest in frampton stems from Deans injury clouds
Krueger is also brittle physically.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

More reports of the kitty litter mob chasing Henry now they missed on Hopper.
Fck em , how can we stop them getting him at any cost?

More reports of the kitty litter mob chasing Henry now they missed on Hopper.
Fck em , how can we stop them getting him at any cost?

Players have all the power especially when uncontracted.

If he requests a trade it's a bitter pill to swallow, hopefully get back what we paid (a 1st rounder) and move on.

I can’t see how Grundy offers the Dees much. He and Gawn are basically fighting for the same spot and both are crap forwards.
I thought the same, if Jackson leaves, they don’t have another ruckman on their list at all.

with their current mids, they are in the win now mode And if Grundy can rotate ruck/forward, that will help.

Gawn starts preseason as a 31year old with two ACL’s to his name, Brown and McDonald will both start pre season as 30 year olds.

They need to keep two talls in their forward line and both have had interrupted seasons with injuries. JVR might be able to cover one of them and step into the role, but it makes sense to have another option other than Weideman is required.

Pick 18.
What’s the chances of him getting there if he goes in the psd
I imagine GWS will want their 1st rounder for Bruhn who has played more games and was a higher draft pick.
But he's also linked to north... So depends who Bruhn chooses.

Pick 18.
What’s the chances of him getting there if he goes in the psd

I'd expect pick 18 or a future first.

I think it's probably an easy trade to be fair unless we're trying to drive a harder bargain.

His value certainly hasn't been compromised this last 2 seasons. Has shown loads of potential.

I'd expect pick 18 or a future first.

I think it's probably an easy trade to be fair unless we're trying to drive a harder bargain.

His value certainly hasn't been compromised this last 2 seasons. Has shown loads of potential.
Has to be a first round pick as you say, current or future.

I wonder if he isn’t getting a game because he is gone, not trying and Fly not wanting him in the team anymore

Has to be a first round pick as you say, current or future.

I wonder if he isn’t getting a game because he is gone, not trying and Fly not wanting him in the team anymore
If that was true, he wouldnt be an emg, and fly wouldn't be talking him up in his presser the other day.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back