List Mgmt. COLLINGWOOD Trade and F/A Discussion

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Foxfooty.com.au says: Essentially sold their 2022 farm in order to ensure they had enough points to match any bid for father-son prospect Nick Daicos, who is widely seen as a top-two prospect, if not the No. 1 guy at this year’s draft. They fully expect to pick up young Bulldog Patrick Lipinski either by trade or through the pre-season draft and have brought in Nathan Kreuger from Geelong for extra height up forward to assist Darcy Cameron and Brody Mihocek.

So according to fox footy giving up a 2nd rounder in 2022 is selling our 2022 farm. Seriously who employs these people!

Foxfooty.com.au says: Essentially sold their 2022 farm in order to ensure they had enough points to match any bid for father-son prospect Nick Daicos, who is widely seen as a top-two prospect, if not the No. 1 guy at this year’s draft. They fully expect to pick up young Bulldog Patrick Lipinski either by trade or through the pre-season draft and have brought in Nathan Kreuger from Geelong for extra height up forward to assist Darcy Cameron and Brody Mihocek.

So according to fox footy giving up a 2nd rounder in 2022 is selling our 2022 farm. Seriously who employs these people!
This article perfectly sums up the media bias and hate for our club. Sold the farm? We’ve so far given up our second, now have fremantles third, and still have a second rounder in 27, which should be able to be made a 22 second rounder. So we go into 2022 with all the picks. If only whoever wrote this did research..

Oh Bobby Hill. I'd love him at the Pies but I can feel a real let down coming on.

Better go and get the cereal, when he nominates a club I'm going to need something to cry into.

Sounds like he going to Essendon

How do these People get Paid to write Crap like that?

Rupert Murdoch

Was there a name associated with that garbage?

This article perfectly sums up the media bias and hate for our club. Sold the farm? We’ve so far given up our second, now have fremantles third, and still have a second rounder in 27, which should be able to be made a 22 second rounder. So we go into 2022 with all the picks. If only whoever wrote this did research..

I don't even think its media bias. Its just lazy journalism. I was listening to trade radio the other day and Rendell and Silvangni had no idea we had traded our 22nd to Freo in a pick swap. There was maybe 3 trades for the whole day and they had no idea about this one. Its called trade radio, you think they would be up to speed with all trades let alone the trades from that day.

Not unless someone named their kid "Foxfooty.com.au says"

Probably the work experience kid with a looming deadline writing the article with a huge hangover from the night before.

I wouldn't put my name to that either.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Yeah. So far our net position is essentially swapping our future second for a current second whilst also adding Kreuger and some other points in the process. We're going really well.

Probably the work experience kid with a looming deadline writing the article with a huge hangover from the night before.

You’re being a tad harsh on the work experience kid, aren’t you? 🤣

Would have thought a work experience kid would actually do a decent job. Del Santo and Goddard definitely need a work experience kid on their show to handle the draft pick maths.

How many times do we have to go through this - it's not the same situation at all.

The situation with pick 1 last year was as follows:

A) JUH was clearly the best prospect in the draft, with daylight second. Adelaide would have very happily taken him if the Bulldogs somehow didn't match the bid (of course we know they were always going to but that's neither here nor there).

B) The Crows had very specific reasons to force the Bulldogs out of the second round, namely their (the Bulldogs') identified interest in James Rowe, who the Crows wanted to pick up.

The current situation with pick 1 this year is as follows:

A) There is no consensus #1 pick this time, although JHF's exploits have many pundits and even recruiters / list managers tagging him as the #1 pick now, most likely due to Daicos' relative lack of competitive football over the past two years and JHF's strong performance in the SANFL seniors prelim.

B) JHF is on record in saying that his goal is to be the #1 pick, and North Melbourne have never had a #1 pick in the draft before this year, so there is motivation on both sides there to take JHF with pick 1.

C) There is no real "strategic" reason for North to bid on Daicos first, as all of our picks before the third round picks they have will be gone anyway, regardless of whether the bid for Daicos comes in at pick 1, 2, 3 or even pick 4, so there is no net material gain to be had from North bidding on Daicos with pick 1.

D) North just knocked back a ridiculous offer of three first round picks (two of them Adelaide's) for pick 1 this year, which it would be reasonable to assume indicates that both teams are bullish on JHF at pick 1.

You literally couldn't have two more dissimilar situations with the two clubs having pick 1 last year and this year if you tried.
Great summary Partypie.

For the points needed for ND at pick 2 or 3, could you or anyone else explain how it would work?

If I assume we have 9 picks in this draft but only 5 list spots available. Then assume we don't divest the last 4 picks we can't use, then use the highest 5 picks on ND points. We then still have 4 list spots open and 4 list spots. Can we use the 4 picks, or are they deleted pre-draft because we didn't have the list spots available going into the draft?

Should be all over Hill. We are lacking small forwards. 27 for Hill would leave us with 1836 points. Would that be enough to cover Daicos and get Lipinski?
I would be happy to go into deficient and potentially slide back a pick or 2 next year and get a haul of Daicos, Kreguer, Lipinski and Hill.
1836 would be enough to cover pick 3 onwards for Daicos but we’d probably need more list spots open. Depending on the pick for Lipinski it‘ll probably drop us below having what we need to cover pick 3 for Daicos.

It doesn’t work like that. That only works in the imagination of Bigfooty posters.

North have been offered three first round picks to hand over Horne and a second round pick to the Crows. They have knocked it back. That shows where both clubs value him and how much North want him. He will be the number one pick.

Yep, no chance in hell North risk picking Daicos when Horne is available, people need to relax.

This Bobby Hill stuff is the biggest underlying issue with what Guy and Walsh did to our list. By painting ourselves into a corner with bad contracts we have no room to move when an opportunity like this pops up. If we had interest in Stengle we absolutely have interest in Hill, but after trading our 2022 2nd I have no idea how we’d get it done unless GWS want to take a swing at Sier.
Sier has no value, given he's just going to be delisted. All signs point to that, at least.

I don't even think its media bias. Its just lazy journalism. I was listening to trade radio the other day and Rendell and Silvangni had no idea we had traded our 22nd to Freo in a pick swap. There was maybe 3 trades for the whole day and they had no idea about this one. Its called trade radio, you think they would be up to speed with all trades let alone the trades from that day.
I was watching trade radio the other day as well. Luckily, my wife came home in time to steal my matches just before I had a chance to light the petrol.

GWS don't want another ruckman - Flynn and Briggs are good and now rumours of Lobb going back there. Then there's Preuss as well if he ever makes it out of the rehab group.

How people keep overlooking the fact that GWS are well and truly set for rucks is beyond me... :rolleyes:
So easy to forget about Flynn and Briggs. Both are decent players. Flynn ... R2 in fantasy.

Great summary Partypie.

For the points needed for ND at pick 2 or 3, could you or anyone else explain how it would work?

If I assume we have 9 picks in this draft but only 5 list spots available. Then assume we don't divest the last 4 picks we can't use, then use the highest 5 picks on ND points. We then still have 4 list spots open and 4 list spots. Can we use the 4 picks, or are they deleted pre-draft because we didn't have the list spots available going into the draft?
They appear after we use the 4 to get Daicos. We will always have as many picks as we have open list spots. If, say, we use the next 4 picks for Dibs, and we still have 3 list spots vacant, we can use our next 3 picks( which will be pics in the 90’s, 110’s and 130’s.
We don’t have to use them. But we do have to have a minimum number of players on our list.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back