List Mgmt. Collingwood Trade and FA

Remove this Banner Ad

Its not just high picks you can find good players

Its that you've got to pick well

Yep. It's what's forgotten. If you trade out pick 20 you haven't totally traded away your chance of drafting a good player - what you've traded out is the difference in likelihood of getting a player at pick 20 versus the later pick that you hit the draft with. And it's not as high a margin as people think it is. Which is why the well run teams have been trading second round or late first round picks for years.

Yes but we're not holding first round picks in this draft. And we're not likely to turn a future first, Noble and Richards into two first round picks in a really strong draft, unless they're pretty late first round picks. If we could turn them into Houston though, bring it on.
If we get pick 12 for Nobel that’s an amazing deal in itself. The trade market is well over inflated. Richmond wanting more than 6 for Rioli spare me.

Every time outside of 2019 when we have traded a future first we have finished well below where we expected

Or we could not make counterproductive trades like last year
And the difference between Schultz & an unknown 18 year old would be the difference in what? Making the 8?

We only missed the 8 this year by percentage with an injury riddled season. We beat the premiers in round 23 when they needed to win to make the 4.

I guess I just don't see our current team & situation as negatively as you do.

I think we'll improve by bringing in 1-2 experienced players, and pick up a couple of kids (hopefully a kpf) in a draft which is said to be full of talent not restricted to the top 10-20. We don't even know if we'll lose both Richards & Noble yet.

I also think it's unfair to judge Leppa as our list manager. Let's give him the opportunity to show us what he's capable of.

If we get pick 12 for Nobel that’s an amazing deal in itself. The trade market is well over inflated. Richmond wanting more than 6 for Rioli spare me.

Every time outside of 2019 when we have traded a future first we have finished well below where we expected
We won't get 12 for Noble without a big sweetener. People are dreaming

And the difference between Schultz & an unknown 18 year old would be the difference in what? Making the 8?

We only missed the 8 this year by percentage with an injury riddled season. We beat the premiers in round 23 when they needed to win to make the 4.

I guess I just don't see our current team & situation as negatively as you do.

I think we'll improve by bringing in 1-2 experienced players, and pick up a couple of kids (hopefully a kpf) in a draft which is said to be full of talent not restricted to the top 10-20. We don't even know if we'll lose both Richards & Noble yet.

I also think it's unfair to judge Leppa as our list manager. Let's give him the opportunity to show us what he's capable of.
The difference was between Ginivan who’s year was on par with Schultz and the added flexibility keeping that future first gave us.

Putting aside my reluctance to trade for Huston we would be in a far stronger position to get the deal done

(Log in to remove this ad.)

The difference was between Ginivan who’s year was on par with Schultz and the added flexibility keeping that future first gave us.

Putting aside my reluctance to trade for Huston we would be in a far stronger position to get the deal done
Ginnivan chose to leave. We got a player which you say was on par.

We don't yet know which experienced players we will bring in or which players we draft.

It's all hypothetical until the trade & draft period is done & dusted.

It's okay to think that you should take first round draft picks. It's also okay to think you should trade them. It's called opinions. It's not offensive for someone to disagree.
And in the end, the afl have rules in place to save clubs from themselves in these situations where you have to take 2 first round picks in a 4 year period. But given we have Tommy next year, that gets us an out.

Ginnivan chose to leave. We got a player which you say was on par.

We don't yet know which experienced players we will bring in or which players we draft.

It's all hypothetical until the trade & draft period is done & dusted.
He chose to leave after he was pushed out. We brought in a player on par who we paid considerably more for. Mate there is no need to spend you entire paycheque the day you get it. That’s the mindset the club is in

The only real thing we have to go by is if Dan chooses us, that would mean his manager has confidence that we can get it done. I'm happy which ever way it goes
Me too.

Just Perryman keeps us in the equation if we have a good run with injuries. So I'm happy if we just add him and hit the draft.

Perryman and Houston and we're more than just in the equation. That's current Sidey and Pendles upgraded already with our window extended for a few years. That'd be my preference.

He chose to leave after he was pushed out. We brought in a player on par who we paid considerably more for. Mate there is no need to spend you entire paycheque the day you get it. That’s the mindset the club is in

He was traded/pushed out because he is a knob on and off the ground. Makes it all about himself. I'm glad his gone.

And that was Wright's decision wasn't it?

He's not there now. Leppa is.

We may be doing things entirely different this year ..?

Nah. They've crunched the numbers and are investing in blue chip stock rather than mug punters dreaming of the potential for far greater returns on the roulette wheel

wasn't that the year we gave 2 x high first round draft picks that had players such as Curnow and Mackay?. You don't think either or both of them would have been better than taking Treloar?
Fair bit of revisionism here. We only had one draft pick in the Curnow and McKay draft, so we were never getting both. We also drafted Moore a year earlier and were playing him as a key forward alongside a 27 year old Travis Cloke. The club could have been forgiven for going for the best young midfielder in the league over drafting another speculative key forward.

He's not staying. Nor will the club force him too. The deal will be done.
The club has already stated that he is a required player, and that an agreeable trade will need to be made.
He’s worth more than 38

Remove this Banner Ad

List Mgmt. Collingwood Trade and FA

Remove this Banner Ad

Back