List Mgmt. Collingwood Trade and FA

Remove this Banner Ad

Scodog10 … care to explain why ??
I mean you know why! A KPP cut after only two years in the system without debuting is just a waste of a list spot. Best case scenario for him and Collingwood is 2023 Eyre.

If we were going to have to trade for him, we might just as well draft one this year and not have to come up with trade capital.

In the whole tenure of Hine dawg how many tall forwards that he has recruited have kicked four goals in a final? Lord showed that he is pretty agile and clean below his knees. Lord is plug n play.

Getting bit confused as to what direction fly is taking, he does realise that we are an old team doesn’t he
Who is more likely to replace our older players in 2026?

A late pick raw 18 year old who may or not make it. Or a 25 year old who has proven himself at AFL level?

I know which I would prefer.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Getting bit confused as to what direction fly is taking, he does realise that we are an old team doesn’t he
Filling holes for free and thus leaving us our recruiting chips for longer term prospects. Fine by me. It's the way to go. Not sure if Tomlinson is the man, but we might get to find out next year

Anybody that is paid and underperforms is ridiculed. Footballers are not immune.
I know but to class them as shit and piss is a bit harsh. Could've just called them spuds. I'm old school and if you're not prepared to tell that to a person's face, then you shouldn't say it. I'm not doubting anyone has underperformed

Our tall defensive stocks look like the weakest link in our chain for season 2025 IMO.

Outside of Moore, you've got the bluest of blue collar options in Frampton and the still unknown quantity of Dean and Eyre who may or may not be on our list next year..

In the medium tall stocks we've got Howe, Maynard and not much else that is yet proven.

Tomlinson has played 185 career games and his opportunity at Melbourne has been impacted due to the presence of May, Lever, McDonald and Petty.

He'll cost nothing in terms of trade, little in salary and will provide experienced depth in an area of need.

While a strong case could be made for taking a midfielder should we gain pick 12 from the GC (I wont complain if we do), if you take a look at our list we're really in need of Tomlinson and 1 or 2 KPP prospects taken at the draft with the likes of Johnson and Kreuger unlikely to make the grade and Reef still in line to be de-listed.

Hopefully a Perryman, McGuane and a FA signing or two across this season and next can take care of our midfield needs in the short to medium term.

Our tall defensive stocks look like the weakest link in our chain for season 2025 IMO.

Outside of Moore, you've got the bluest of blue collar options in Frampton and the still unknown quantity of Dean and Eyre who may or may not be on our list next year..

In the medium tall stocks we've got Howe, Maynard and not much else that is yet proven.

Tomlinson has played 185 career games and his opportunity at Melbourne has been impacted due to the presence of May, Lever, McDonald and Petty.

He'll cost nothing in terms of trade, little in salary and will provide experienced depth in an area of need.

While a strong case could be made for taking a midfielder should we gain pick 12 from the GC (I wont complain if we do), if you take a look at our list we're really in need of Tomlinson and 1 or 2 KPP prospects taken at the draft with the likes of Johnson and Kreuger unlikely to make the grade and Reef still in line to be de-listed.

Hopefully a Perryman, McGuane and a FA signing or two across this season and next can take care of our midfield needs in the short to medium term.

Where is someone like Jakob Ryan at? Don’t get to see much VFL. Is he just not coming along?

Sent from my iPhone using BigFooty.com

I'm with you - 185 games and most of them in pretty good teams. I think he'll bre more than depth and be best 22 if we get him. Plus I like Moore playing deepest which is what will occur with Tomlinson, but couldn't happen with Billy.

Remove this Banner Ad

List Mgmt. Collingwood Trade and FA

Remove this Banner Ad

Back