List Mgmt. Collingwood Trade and FA

Remove this Banner Ad

That's fair and reasonable but do you have any better key defender options because otherwise we're left with Frampton, Eyre and Dean and young has all 3 covered. We don't have picks to get a gun defender. By your logic, we just keep doing what we're doing and that's worse than bringing in a Young or tomlinson. At least give us some options otherwise your just yanking your own chain.
I already did

Why don’t we go after Jai Serong and or frost

After 100 games and 5 years in the system, most players are close to, if not as good as they’ll be. There aren’t many players who develop as much as Howe did after that point, and most of the ones who do, much like him, are the ones who have a positional change to reinvigorate their career.
I'd suggest that he's an aerial player. Despite his height, he plays as a tall and has followed a pretty standard progression of a good tall. Played early. Did some good things but not consistently before becoming consistent about 5+ years in. Wasn't he playing defence with Melbourne the year we recruited him?

(Log in to remove this ad.)

It seems like you are prepared to die on this hill given you’ve referenced an AA from 8 years ago? IMO, he’s being perfectly rated. There’s a limited market for slow sub 170cm footballers who struggle to win their own ball or defend one on one.

It blows my mind how often people misrepresent moneyball. It’s all about applying a stats based analysis to recruit players to play a specific role. None of what Daniel has done for the past 3 years would suggest he’s moneyball. He’s just low trade cost.

I think I’ve read all I need when you’ve referenced overpaying for Shoota and a back to back AA in Houston who from day dot would be our 2nd best player.
Lol I think I've read all I need when you think an AA in 2020 is 8 years ago. And completely disregard the fact that he was ranked WBs 4th best, 6th best and 5th best player in the last 3 seasons before this year

Blows my mind how you need to misrepresent facts to make your point

Do the Hawks have any issues with list spots?

Depth wise they will be loaded. Jiath, Lewis and Blanck and Will Day returning. Then you add Battle and Barrass.
Wingard retired, delisted a few and some are in waiting.
DGB still out of contract too thats in limbo

He used to get swung around a bit, but mostly because he never found a position to truely call his own.
I've never really seen him as a true KPD. I know he's a decent size and all but when you talk about KPD's I doubt his name would come up in conversation IMO. To me he's more of a chunkier Chris Mayne type. Never been a fan

I'd suggest that he's an aerial player. Despite his height, he plays as a tall and has followed a pretty standard progression of a good tall. Played early. Did some good things but not consistently before becoming consistent about 5+ years in. Wasn't he playing defence with Melbourne the year we recruited him?
Yes he was. Played more of a lockdown role with pretty safe disposal and wasn’t really happy doing it. Was solid without being outstanding.
Part of the pitch for him to come to Collingwood was that he would be playing forward.

His best goal return in 4.5 years at Melbourne was 28. That’s in the category of “decent but not great”, for mine, which is what I’ve been saying all along. Certainly not enough to project him as becoming the player he has at the pies.
He was switched to defence in his last year at Melbourne because he was struggling forward fwiw, as defenders had become aware of his aerial game and were cutting off his run and jump and he didn’t have the size to compete body on body.

Yes he was. Played more of a lockdown role with pretty safe disposal and wasn’t really happy doing it. Was solid without being outstanding.
Part of the pitch for him to come to Collingwood was that he would be playing forward.

His best goal return in 4.5 years at Melbourne was 28. That’s in the category of “decent but not great”, for mine, which is what I’ve been saying all along. Certainly not enough to project him as becoming the player he has at the pies.
He was switched to defence in his last year at Melbourne because he was struggling forward fwiw, as defenders had become aware of his aerial game and were cutting off his run and jump and he didn’t have the size to compete body on body.
Fair enough, but many weren't surprised that the bloke who took a specky every fortnight developed into a really good player.

PIES SET TO PIP POWER FOR PERRYMAN

Collingwood believes it is in the box seat to secure childhood Pies fan Harry Perryman as the Giants face the prospect of losing two academy players and a true Western Sydney graduate in coming weeks.

GWS halfback Perryman is likely to decide mid-next week about his new club as a free agent, with the Giants still hanging on to hope he might re-sign.

But powerful presentations and long-term deals as long as seven years at Port Adelaide and the Pies are making it a compelling pitch for the 25-year-old.

The Pies are increasingly confident they have made a case that Perryman can play multiple positions, including midfield, to a player who is pigeonholed as a halfback at the Giants.

Perryman also hit it off with Port Adelaide coach Ken Hinkley, but the long-term Port Adelaide coach might not be at the Power past 2025.
Given those offers have hit $850,000 it is extraordinary money for a player whose only top three result in the best-and-fairest came when he finished third in 2020.

But Collingwood does not have a first-round pick so his free agency status at a club about to lose John Noble to Gold Coast is hugely appealing.

Perryman is a Giants academy member as was Isaac Cumming, who has already left for Adelaide as an unrestricted free agent.

In-form utility James Peatling was taken in the 2021 mid-season draft after being one of the rare AFL players to come out of western Sydney, and has six AFL suitors chasing him.

The Giants are hoping he is just assessing his options before recommitting on a three-year deal but the intense interest in Perryman means he is considering departing.

Collingwood also has Port Adelaide football boss Chris Davies as its preferred candidate to become its new football boss.

PIES SET TO PIP POWER FOR PERRYMAN

Collingwood believes it is in the box seat to secure childhood Pies fan Harry Perryman as the Giants face the prospect of losing two academy players and a true Western Sydney graduate in coming weeks.

GWS halfback Perryman is likely to decide mid-next week about his new club as a free agent, with the Giants still hanging on to hope he might re-sign.

But powerful presentations and long-term deals as long as seven years at Port Adelaide and the Pies are making it a compelling pitch for the 25-year-old.

The Pies are increasingly confident they have made a case that Perryman can play multiple positions, including midfield, to a player who is pigeonholed as a halfback at the Giants.

Perryman also hit it off with Port Adelaide coach Ken Hinkley, but the long-term Port Adelaide coach might not be at the Power past 2025.
Given those offers have hit $850,000 it is extraordinary money for a player whose only top three result in the best-and-fairest came when he finished third in 2020.

But Collingwood does not have a first-round pick so his free agency status at a club about to lose John Noble to Gold Coast is hugely appealing.

Perryman is a Giants academy member as was Isaac Cumming, who has already left for Adelaide as an unrestricted free agent.

In-form utility James Peatling was taken in the 2021 mid-season draft after being one of the rare AFL players to come out of western Sydney, and has six AFL suitors chasing him.

The Giants are hoping he is just assessing his options before recommitting on a three-year deal but the intense interest in Perryman means he is considering departing.

Collingwood also has Port Adelaide football boss Chris Davies as its preferred candidate to become its new football boss.
I reckon it's done and we're doing the AFL a favour by not announcing it and spoiling the grand final with a bigger story.

The article stated that with the arrival of Barrass and Battle, Maginness and Serong, despite being contracted next year, could seek more game time elsewhere following interest from some clubs. Ditto for Ned Reeves

On SM-N975F using BigFooty.com mobile app

Remove this Banner Ad

List Mgmt. Collingwood Trade and FA

Remove this Banner Ad

Back