List Mgmt. Collingwood Trade and FA

Remove this Banner Ad

Aware that this is mainly a fantasy thread but thinking we'll get pick 20 for Noble is taking it too far.

Noble will go for Pick 26… and pies will let him go for that rather than hang onto a player who wants to be elsewhere

Pies just asking for more - just in case they get it

Richards probably go for ports pick 37

Pies draft hand then becomes

26, 32, 37, 48, 50

Which is not great but plenty of options to pick up players and/or upgrade picks to move higher up draft board

Eg 37 & 50 for blues pick 31 as they need the points for F/sons

Aware that this is mainly a fantasy thread but thinking we'll get pick 20 for Noble is taking it too far.
You're overrating draft picks imo. It will end up being pick 25 or so, pretty low hit rate there. GC are targeting him, he's contracted for 2 years and is a fairly important player for us. We aren't letting him go for a third rounder, i.e. giving him away.

You're overrating draft picks imo. It will end up being pick 25 or so, pretty low hit rate there. GC are targeting him, he's contracted for 2 years and is a fairly important player for us. We aren't letting him go for a third rounder, i.e. giving him away.
Not in this draft it aint.
Very good players in that range this year, even into the 30's.

It'd simply enable us to move Josh back to the wing. I don't think we'll have that luxury without adding a classy half back.
I think Crisp and Lipinski would be worth installing as our main wingers in 2025

And I don’t mind the idea of Pendles as a wing for his last year or 2

Any pick in that range is still speculative though.
Generally. But this years draft has more depth than recruiters have seen in years. Its why clubs are wanting more picks this year. Its why richmond are using this draft to start the rebuild. Next year probably a bit weaker at this stage.

I personally don't agree with pick 20 for a player who is essentially in the prime of his career being nothing more than a fantasy. He is a fast daring player who not only has the physical attributes you want in a rebounding defender, but has also shown the ability to make crucial plays in pressure situations. Plus as fly as already stated, we don't exactly have a player who is ready to step in with his skill set ( Markov was supposed to be it, but it seems he has regressed dramatically) .

Don't like paying that much. But that's what it might take to get him in contract.

The skills and numbers he provides for that position, contracted, he is worth all of that unfortunately.

Had a chat with the Murray Bushrangers coach today. He’s been coaching the Bushies for nearly 10 years. Reckons the Whitlock twins are both guns and will dominate the AFL down the track. 200 cm but with a bigger frame than the King twins and will fill out beautifully. Thinks that Jack Whitlock in particular would have been a definite top 10 pick in an average draft year but this year’s draft is exceptionally strong and he’ll probably get drafted in the 10-20 range and identical twin Matt probably a few picks later. Be nice if the Pies could somehow move up the board and nab one of them. Both would be a dream!

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Had a chat with the Murray Bushrangers coach today. He’s been coaching the Bushies for nearly 10 years. Reckons the Whitlock twins are both guns and will dominate the AFL down the track. 200 cm but with a bigger frame than the King twins and will fill out beautifully. Thinks that Jack Whitlock in particular would have been a definite top 10 pick in an average draft year but this year’s draft is exceptionally strong and he’ll probably get drafted in the 10-20 range and identical twin Matt probably a few picks later. Be nice if the Pies could somehow move up the board and nab one of them. Both would be a dream!
Evidence is plan to see in the games they play. They both are something special.

Our link to them has stemmed since mid year, that we would love to get our hands on one. Both would be the dream and pair them together.

re: Houston
"Carlton will struggle to find a way to give up early picks for Houston, while the Pies would need to find a first-round pick to secure his services."

re: Davies
"The Suns are hopeful they will sign strong-bodied midfielder Alex Davies on a two-year deal despite interest from clubs including Collingwood."

Evidence is plan to see in the games they play. They both are something special.

Our link to them has stemmed since mid year, that we would love to get our hands on one. Both would be the dream and pair them together.
Be worth trading out our future first just to get back in the first round this year to grab one of the Whitlocks.

re: Houston
"Carlton will struggle to find a way to give up early picks for Houston, while the Pies would need to find a first-round pick to secure his services."

re: Davies
"The Suns are hopeful they will sign strong-bodied midfielder Alex Davies on a two-year deal despite interest from clubs including Collingwood."

Does not sound like many players want to join us

I can't believe it's still 6 weeks until the trade period begins and what 700 pages and counting.......

So far what we know
  • The Petracca pipe dream vanished up its own backside faster than a rat up a drainpipe - was amusing for a few weeks
  • Stringer anyone - yuk. I just can't stand the guy
  • 2MP - hmm not convinced he will look good in a black and white guernsey.
  • Hobbs from bombers - bit vanilla for me
  • Tom Lynch - played what 4 games in 2 years and still getting paid a $million a year - surely not?
  • Peatling from GWS looks a good prospect - be very keen but plenty of other suitors
  • Davis from Suns - maybe as part of a JNN trade.
  • Keane - back to the future - hopefully we dont over pay
On the way out JFN - sad to see him go but consensus is statistically he is every bit as good as Rioli where speculation has it that he is worth pick 6 and some more, but our JFN only a bit of loose change. I hope we play hard ball and get a decent pick for him.

Richards - like to keep but he would be mad to stay if he is getting 3 years +1 at Port. We must maximise the trade value and get back into the first round.

I think we might have to accept that not much is going to happen this trade period.

The hit rate will be good in the 20s this draft. I think it could be like the 2017 draft which was also good for talls.
In the 20's
Oscar Allen, Tim Kelly, Liam Ryan, Noah Balta, Brent Daniels, Sam Taylor, Charlie Spargo with 30 Tom De Koning.,
Will Walker who played 6 games for North the only miss in the draft with Fritsch at 31 along with McCartin, Worpel, Petty, Meek, Xerri, Moore, Miers, Murphy among players all taken after 30.

Our recruiters will have an idea of what they can get baring in mind we had a pick 40 last draft we couldnt be bothered using, this draft is likely to be different.

I think we want as many picks top 50 as possible this draft and as many as we can get in that 20-35 bracket.

Whilst someone is best 22 and you want to win the flag - it doesn't make sense to retire them at all. These blokes will either retire themselves or be retired when the coaches don't think they'll be best 22 in the following year - eg a fair bit of decline for all of them - or youngsters or recruits rising to push them out. It might have happened if guys like Reef, Harrison, Macrae, Sullivan, Bytel, Krueger really rose - but they didn't and the oldies are still very clearly ahead of them and thus in our best 22
Absolutely, it’s a problem but a good problem that our veterans are all best 22. It may bite us in the end but premierships are hard to win so best to hold the window open as long as possible. In an ideal world we don’t want to lose 6-7 of them all at once at the end of 2025 so hopefully for some of them their form justifies another season after that.

Not in this draft it aint.
Very good players in that range this year, even into the 30's.
Ok let’s take a step back here, there are plenty of drafts that have been dubbed “super drafts”, “exceptionally deep” etc in the past that in hindsight have turned out pretty average or even mediocre.
At the end of the day there’s still every chance that a late 20’s pick ends up busting despite the hype, so it’s in our best interests to try and get the best picks possible without settling because later picks are supposedly more valuable this year. We want to have access as early as possible, period and I hope our recruiters have the same attitude.

Ok let’s take a step back here, there are plenty of drafts that have been dubbed “super drafts”, “exceptionally deep” etc in the past that in hindsight have turned out pretty average or even mediocre.
At the end of the day there’s still every chance that a late 20’s pick ends up busting despite the hype, so it’s in our best interests to try and get the best picks possible without settling because later picks are supposedly more valuable this year. We want to have access as early as possible, period and I hope our recruiters have the same attitude.
Of course you would like as high as possible. I'm just saying that the depth of this draft is vast, so you'll find good players in the 20's and 30's.
Lot of talls, even basically the first round is filled with top end mids. So suppose if you want a mid first 15, if you want a tall, then 16-30 if where you would find them

Oh, sure... plausible deniability, cool...
I actually dont think I was that far removed from what you're insinuating. I had an Aussie friend in Saigon who claimed to be a dragon fruit farmer and he'd regularly fly off to places like Pakistan on dragon fruit business to give talks about dragon fruit cultivation ...

Remove this Banner Ad

List Mgmt. Collingwood Trade and FA

Remove this Banner Ad

Back