Player Watch Jack Ginnivan (Traded to Hawks 2023)

Remove this Banner Ad

Think comments by Hine are interesting. If you can't run you can't play.

I think we traded Ginni when he had his highest value. If he stayed he wouldn't have played regularly and his market value dropped.
Problem is that we didn't trade him for his highest value.

I'd say that the main difference is that Freo traded most of those players when they were coming into their prime and the club didn't want to lose them. As evidenced by the Freo list going on to be best 22 at their next clubs, not to mention the several AA's, Brownlow's, Coleman medal etc. The only player that we didn't want to go was Henry.

Half of that Collingwood list wouldn't get a game with us at full strength, yet we always think other clubs should pay more for players that we don't even want.

I mean, they even threw Poulter on there like he was one who got away!
ginnivan would definitely get a game from what I saw on Friday

ginnivan would definitely get a game from what I saw on Friday
Oh good, we're doing this again. Ginnivan was the sub for us in 2 finals and was swapped in the GF for Lippa. If Adams was available he was either taking Lippa or Ginnivan's spot, probably the spot of the guy who took GF week as a joke. Now we have Schultz. All the info available indicates that despite Ginnivan doing well for Hawthorn, he wasn't best 22 for us.

Edit: I didn't even include Harrison and Richards coming on this year in Ginnivan's spot

Last edited:
Oh good, we're doing this again. Ginnivan was the sub for us in 2 finals and was swapped in the GF for Lippa. If Adams was available he was either taking Lippa or Ginnivan's spot, probably the spot of the guy who took GF week as a joke. Now we have Schultz. All the info available indicates that despite Ginnivan doing well for Hawthorn, he wasn't best 22 for us.

Edit: I didn't even include Harrison and Richards coming on this year in Ginnivan's spot
Gee

Calm down and take a breath
Ginnivan is clearly better than Richards Harrison.
You can go on until the cows come home about last year but this year he’s looking very complete and fit
He walks into our side this year if he was still on list

Gee

Calm down and take a breath
Ginnivan is clearly better than Richards Harrison.
You can go on until the cows come home about last year but this year he’s looking very complete and fit
He walks into our side this year if he was still on list
Ginnivan is too slow, HH won the sprint at the combine, and has more positional flexibility. I’m taking HH every time over Ginnivan.
What does Ginnivan offer over Richards?

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I don’t think Sam would be happy with that.
I can only put myself in the position of a supporter if he played for us..and I know I wouldn't be over the moon about this.

Definitely wouldn't fit in with Fly's 'remain humble' attitude.

I hope like hell it motivates Port to pull something out of their arse this week 🤣

Ginnivan is too slow, HH won the sprint at the combine, and has more positional flexibility. I’m taking HH every time over Ginnivan.
What does Ginnivan offer over Richards?
richards and Harrison haven't even established themselves in our team .Ginny might be slow but he knows where the goals are and how to get the ball ..and hes got a lot more tricks than HH and Joe combined

Remove this Banner Ad

Player Watch Jack Ginnivan (Traded to Hawks 2023)

Remove this Banner Ad

Back