List Mgmt. Collingwood Trade and FA

Remove this Banner Ad

A 20 year lurker through two premierships, every scandle, two coaching changes and umpteen trades, but Perryman’s recruitment is what motivates you to post? That’s hilarious!

Thanks for the tip on the highlights I’d never stumbled across that feature before and it looks a winner that. Perryman’s coming as a mid so most of his highlights on ball use, ability to defend and type of possession aren’t particularly relevant.

IMO, you’ve hit the nail on the head that he’s a somewhat average footballer what’s changed though is that with the increases to the salary cap in order to bring in an average footballer at no trade cost you have to pay $800k in 2025. Since signing Dan McStay the salary cap will have increased by 25% so this deal is effectively the same money as Dan so I’m not buying it hampering our ability to attract a high end FA. I’m personally much more concerned on that front by what we’re paying the likes of JDG and Naicos who should be on $1.2m + if we’re throwing $800k at Perryman…
Most clubs have CBA increases built in to their contracts, particularly long term ones.
Iirc the only club that doesn’t is Essendon.

Perryman’s stats last season are reflective of the back pocket role he’s been playing at the Giants.

He’s a midfielder by trade and you’re not exactly a huge chance of knocking out Tom Green in that defensive midfield role, which is fair enough given that Green is one of the absolute stars of the comp.

I reckon he’s being recruited for midfield action to provide some defensive balance with Nick and Jordy in there and is a much superior player to the likes of Long and Sullivan. Handy player and I hope we get him, and reckon we will.

Questionable user name.
I haven’t grown up enough yet. Once I attain fully fledged frog status I’ll be able to do it easily.

Do people not watch footy other than pies games? Then rely on YouTube clips and stats to paint a narrative? Perryman is very reliable, can play wing, half back (lockdown or running) and has potential to go inside mid or tagger. He's a good kick, very good overhead mark and when released off the backline he has been able to find the football a lot. He's not a Naicos, Degoey A grader but definitely falls into a Crisp, Howe level pick up.

I'm assuming you're basing this off his last couple of seasons down back. He was averaging 22 disposals per game in 21/22 when he got to play more midfield/wing. One of those season he also averaged 4.8 tackles a game.

I very much doubt we are targeting Perryman to play down back, because otherwise I would agree with you.

Exactly. Good post.

It’s apparent that the role we see for him is as a defensive in and under midfielder to support Nick and Jordie. Essentially the Tom Mitchell role.

He’s not being recruited for his recent role at GWS.
So we want a midfielder who has played down back because they couldn't crack another teams good, not great midfield.

He has never come close to the contested possession or clearance numbers of Tom Mitchell, Taylor Adams etc even in their down years.

Salary cap space is valuable when you have the chance the recruit someone like LDU next year.

This seems like a waste of cap as well as an admission that their drafting has been poor.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

He's not a Naicos, Degoey A grader but definitely falls into a Crisp, Howe level pick up.

Crisp and Howe have both been borderline AA selections at certain points of their career, they also have points of difference. Crisp has pace/run and carry and Howe reads the ball as good as anyone and obviously is a terrific mark. Perryman doesn't seem to have a standout attribute, more a dour type that's solid in various roles.

IDK, but Perryman looks much better than some of them quotes. It contradicts the fact that he's been chased by 3 or 4 clubs that we know of. I seriously doubt Peatling could have the same impact in the midfield compared to Perryman. Perryman is a strong mark and a beautiful kick. His lack of pace was well documented in his draft year but only when compared to really qick midfielders of that draft. He still went at pick 14. I reckon we see him as the Pendles replacement running through the middle and half back. Inconsistency is Peatlings problem.

Couldn’t agree more. His kick will be a nice addition to the team and his decision making appears solid.

Sent from my iPhone using BigFooty.com

Do people not watch footy other than pies games? Then rely on YouTube clips and stats to paint a narrative? Perryman is very reliable, can play wing, half back (lockdown or running) and has potential to go inside mid or tagger. He's a good kick, very good overhead mark and when released off the backline he has been able to find the football a lot. He's not a Naicos, Degoey A grader but definitely falls into a Crisp, Howe level pick up.
Yep the GWS games I've watched. I agree.

People are worried about the $$$ we are paying him. Well you need to pay overs to get players in.
Next year we will have Pendles, Sidebottom, Howe, Cox and probably Elliot retire. That is a saving of over $1 million to lure other players next year.

Just catching up on the thread; it seems Perryman will hopefully become our Josh Dunkley, and everyone is envious of Lohman’s hair.

Dude, there are people on here that said we wouldn’t get Peatling because he kicked two goals in a quarter in a semi final. They wrote off the club’s chances of getting him because he kicked two goals.

There are posters on here that act like they know all about everything, like they are in some sort of position of power. They’re not.

I mean imagine relying on YouTube videos to form an opinion. Every single player in every single sport would be a great pick up.

You are a very astute judge . He's a very good player.

So we want a midfielder who has played down back because they couldn't crack another teams good, not great midfield.

He has never come close to the contested possession or clearance numbers of Tom Mitchell, Taylor Adams etc even in their down years.

Salary cap space is valuable when you have the chance the recruit someone like LDU next year.

This seems like a waste of cap as well as an admission that their drafting has been poor.

The giants mid field is great though and he would be an immediate upgrade on some of the players we’ve had to run through ours this year. But I do have similar reactions re the salary cap, I couldn’t handle another fire sale

Sent from my iPhone using BigFooty.com

Remove this Banner Ad

List Mgmt. Collingwood Trade and FA

Remove this Banner Ad

Back