List Mgmt. Collingwood Trade and FA

Remove this Banner Ad

Man I love BF.
Read about Perryman and get excited.
Then read a whole bunch of people talk about how slow and crap he is.

Then we can all argue about his contested and uncontested disposal numbers.

Fun times.
I kind of feel like Perryman would play the Josh Dunkley role, I think we all want a Smith type to burst out of stoppage but pretty excited Perryman is coming to us.

I hope you have the whiskey out because can be tarred and feathered on here for making such outlandish statements. We absolutely have to bring in a stopgap KD because what we have atm are unproven and quite poor to be honest absolutely have to bring in a KD
1000% id rather Young or Blanck over Tomlinson but we need to get atleast one of them

Houston isn’t a need?
Not in my eye and not for the capital we’d have to give up. I assume you’ll flag losing noble as the need?

I see it similar to the Schultz discussion, he wasn’t in a position of need, we got him just because we lost adams/Gin, but we unearthed Harrison and Richards this year, both stepped up and really meant we didn’t need to blow the capital on Schultz.

I see parker, Jiath, HDM as players that could step into the half back role (even moving crisp or j daicos back if perryman comes into midfield).

Houston isn’t a need?
I'm with you. Our wings and flanks were our weapon with us slingshotting the footy. But transition became ordinary this year. There are some non-personnel factors, but it's personnel too. Nick's gone inside and Sidey has declined as a flanker being the big two - Houston is on that level. But then add in injuries meaning Crisp played full time mid and WHE mainly forward, our flanks were weak this year and we're losing one in Noble. Bolstering them is needed. Houston would be great. Perryman will be good. Both would be awesome.

Not in my eye and not for the capital we’d have to give up. I assume you’ll flag losing noble as the need?

I see it similar to the Schultz discussion, he wasn’t in a position of need, we got him just because we lost adams/Gin, but we unearthed Harrison and Richards this year, both stepped up and really meant we didn’t need to blow the capital on Schultz.

I see parker, Jiath, HDM as players that could step into the half back role (even moving crisp or j daicos back if perryman comes into midfield).
Once again no one has a clue of the capital we would lose in the trade and it’s all just what everyone on the Adelaide board thinks he’s worth because they don’t want to lose him

Dual All Aus With elite kicking back flanker is a need for every team that wants to be attacking
You can’t win these days without people like this

Do people not watch footy other than pies games? Then rely on YouTube clips and stats to paint a narrative? Perryman is very reliable, can play wing, half back (lockdown or running) and has potential to go inside mid or tagger. He's a good kick, very good overhead mark and when released off the backline he has been able to find the football a lot. He's not a Naicos, Degoey A grader but definitely falls into a Crisp, Howe level pick up.
That’s comforting. Have you had a chance to watch him very closely?

Yep agree, but that same off season we still drafted with our first rounder which got us Allan.

That’s my preference, trade or acquire need without jeopardising the first rounder.

If we get a first rounder through a noble trade, I wouldn’t dare give it to port for Houston, Houston isn’t a need, I’d much prefer we draft with that pick
Not sure about that. Our transition game went to shit this year when Daicos moved into the middle, so much so we were forced to move his brother back to try to replicate what he was doing.

I think one or two precision users of HBF is pretty critical to how we want to play.

I’d add Ray Shaw to that list. I adored him.

Loved Ronnie too - but years later when I saw him very drunk at a Port Fairy pub, the dream was shattered. He was the publican at the time.☹️
My favourite player after Wayne Richardson had retired. Cheeky, tough little Ray. Loved him with a passion.

Once again no one has a clue of the capital we would lose in the trade and it’s all just what everyone on the Adelaide board thinks he’s worth because they don’t want to lose him

Dual All Aus With elite kicking back flanker is a need for every team that wants to be attacking
You can’t win these days without people like this
Our chains and scoring from behind the footy was putrid this year until JD went behind the ball late ( too late ) in the season. A gun player in a position of critical importance where we have a gap....there is no question.
That is exactly why the club is up to its neck in trying to get him across, you can't get em all, but we are throwing everything at this one.
Issues like sufficient points for McGuane Mk2, contracts being offered Perryman and potentially Houston are solvable issues with future trading, current likely draft position of Tom, the truck load of retirements we will be having over the next 2 years and cap increases.
How we get back into this years draft in a solid position is the tricky bit.

Last edited:

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Our chains and scoring from behind the footy was putrid this year until JD went behind the ball late ( too late ) in the season. A gun player in a position of critical importance where we have a gap....there is no question.
That is exactly why the club is up to its neck in trying to get him across, you can't get em all, but we are throwing everything at this one.
Issues like sufficient points for McGuane Mk2, contracts being offered Perryman and Potentially Houston are solvable issues with future trading, current likely position of Tom, the truck load of retirements we will be having over the next 2 years and cap increases.
How we get back into this years draft in a solid position is the tricky bit.
Yep. In terms of our end of season team - Houston at half back puts Josh back on a wing. It gives us Josh Daicos rather than Bytel on the wing. It's a huge upgrade.

Houston would be a great get but the capital required it’s a bit frightening.
Perryman and Kennedy would give the midfield some solid bodies. If Nobes goes and we get a decent pick that’s a bonus. Parker hopefully will improve that spot next season.
Lord has some size about him and developing but again the capital would seem to be offputting.

Houston would be a great get but the capital required it’s a bit frightening.
Perryman and Kennedy would give the midfield some solid bodies. If Nobes goes and we get a decent pick that’s a bonus. Parker hopefully will improve that spot next season.
Lord has some size about him and developing but again the capital would seem to be offputting.
Absolutely, let the bloose pay up for Houston. Whilst Carlton continues to pay big dollars for so called stars, they continue to be without success. To put it into context, they paid big dollars for players who haven't been able to bring them to the promised land while we bring in the likes of Markov and Frampton and continues to win flags and make finals

with the way we play i think id prefer a creative user by hand in the back line more than a good user by foot to get our scoring chains going from the backline.
we rarely use kicks to get going for a score. so why would houston be so effective?

Absolutely, let the bloose pay up for Houston. Whilst Carlton continues to pay big dollars for so called stars, they continue to be without success. To put it into context, they paid big dollars for players who haven't been able to bring them to the promised land while we bring in the likes of Markov and Frampton and continues to win flags and make finals
He's too perfect for Carlton. Their issue is transitioning the footy, which he'll make a big difference with. I want him to go to North.

So we want a midfielder who has played down back because they couldn't crack another teams good, not great midfield.

He has never come close to the contested possession or clearance numbers of Tom Mitchell, Taylor Adams etc even in their down years.

Salary cap space is valuable when you have the chance the recruit someone like LDU next year.

This seems like a waste of cap as well as an admission that their drafting has been poor.
That was Dawson before arriving at the Crows and D’Ambrosio before going to a wing at Hawthorn. If the club see scope there in another role you just have to back them in.

That was Dawson before arriving at the Crows and D’Ambrosio before going to a wing at Hawthorn. If the club see scope there in another role you just have to back them in.
We bought in the likes of leggy and Frampton and turned them into premiership players. I don't understand why people would have reservations about a quality player like Perryman

So we want a midfielder who has played down back because they couldn't crack another teams good, not great midfield.

He has never come close to the contested possession or clearance numbers of Tom Mitchell, Taylor Adams etc even in their down years.

Salary cap space is valuable when you have the chance the recruit someone like LDU next year.

This seems like a waste of cap as well as an admission that their drafting has been poor.
Whether he plays half back or wing or inside and pushes Crisp or Pendles into half back or wing roles, it'll make us better. None of us know where our cap is at or how much of it he'll take up, so don't worry about it.

Yep. In terms of our end of season team - Houston at half back puts Josh back on a wing. It gives us Josh Daicos rather than Bytel on the wing. It's a huge upgrade.
No need to understate the size of the upgrade.
This being a day of reflection....think of combined wing output 23 versus 24, then move on quicky to enjoy the day!!

Remove this Banner Ad

List Mgmt. Collingwood Trade and FA

Remove this Banner Ad

Back