List Mgmt. Collingwood Trade and FA

Remove this Banner Ad

pick 12 is a dead pick for them with lombard and it will push back to at least 13 and maybe 14 by the time we would pick.

Id be looking to do this deal.
Noble, future 2nd (28 if we finish 9th again) and 48
for 12, 26, 70 and push a future 3rd (wont be worth much points which is what they are after and wont be used by them in 2025.)

26 will end up being likely 31/32 (Battle, Ashcroft, kaka, perryman, graham, Marshall)
a future 2nd is fair for that.
48 helps them with points for Lombard and is a little extra to help get us 12-14 for Noble.
70 will come in to about 60 and a pick they are unlikely to use that will still have potential talent around.

If we want Houston.
12 and our future 1st for Houston and to do the deal they would need to give us their future 2nd back to get that future 1st.

We then ideally have a f2 and 2 f3's for 2025 for McGuane. We will probably need a little more.

So we would end up with
Houston, Perryman, Condon (fingers crossed)
26, 33, 51, 70 and 80 which in reality will probably be something like 32, 37, 47, 60 and 65 once bids are matched and draft board is settled.

Issues with all this we would need Rioli to go for 6 and 20 making 12 and 26 dead picks for them. Owies not to go to GC and be picked up elsewhere.

We would also need to be able to fit Houston in our cap which in a year or 2 wont be a problem but next year might.
Is Dan Houston worth ALL those shenanigans at the trade table, all that draft capital given away this year and next, plus potential cap issues? I would get it if we were talking about doing all that for a Tom Green or Zak Butters or someone similar.

I mean... Pick 12 would more often than not get us an amazing 18 yo talent. Someone who will reach Dan Houston's age in 2033.

Perryman sounds like he’s across. Good get. Positional flexibility, good age etc

Wonder if there’s a way to leverage this further I.e. Pay Perryman an extra X amount to get GWS a higher compo bracket, and in turn they accept a used dinger for Peatling?
Surely Ed can get Peatling a Lexus ambassador role or something

This is the best anaylsis I have seen on here.

We really ae in a win now mode and yes, its a dangerous place to be in.

Bringing in FA's and maintining draft picks is going to have to be the plan over the next few years in order to:
1. Top up with ready made players
2. ensure that in 5 years time, there is still a crop of kids who can play consistent AFL football.

As it stands, our U23 Crop is limited to Beau and Nick...
No love for HH or Will Parker?😢

pick 12 is a dead pick for them with lombard and it will push back to at least 13 and maybe 14 by the time we would pick.

Id be looking to do this deal.
Noble, future 2nd (28 if we finish 9th again) and 48
for 12, 26, 70 and push a future 3rd (wont be worth much points which is what they are after and wont be used by them in 2025.)

26 will end up being likely 31/32 (Battle, Ashcroft, kaka, perryman, graham, Marshall)
a future 2nd is fair for that.
48 helps them with points for Lombard and is a little extra to help get us 12-14 for Noble.
70 will come in to about 60 and a pick they are unlikely to use that will still have potential talent around.

If we want Houston.
12 and our future 1st for Houston and to do the deal they would need to give us their future 2nd back to get that future 1st.

We then ideally have a f2 and 2 f3's for 2025 for McGuane. We will probably need a little more.

So we would end up with
Houston, Perryman, Condon (fingers crossed)
26, 33, 51, 70 and 80 which in reality will probably be something like 32, 37, 47, 60 and 65 once bids are matched and draft board is settled.

Issues with all this we would need Rioli to go for 6 and 20 making 12 and 26 dead picks for them. Owies not to go to GC and be picked up elsewhere.

We would also need to be able to fit Houston in our cap which in a year or 2 wont be a problem but next year might.
32, 37, 47 for Brisbane’s first?

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I think there is some Chinese whispers going on. Some people were talking Houston and others Lord. Lord would certainly not cost that much. Nowhere near a 1st
I know he was injured this year but he hasn’t played a lot of games prior either.
I agree with that it’s overs but the other poster thought I was dreaming and we have to give up something good to get something. I assume he thinks Lord is worth even more than the overs I suggested. I can’t fathom that.

Is Dan Houston worth ALL those shenanigans at the trade table, all that draft capital given away this year and next, plus potential cap issues? I would get it if we were talking about doing all that for a Tom Green or Zak Butters or someone similar.

I mean... Pick 12 would more often than not get us an amazing 18 yo talent. Someone who will reach Dan Houston's age in 2033.
Let Carlton worry about him.

How is it that posters still don’t get how good Houston is?!

He is better than everyone on our list except Naicos. Better than JDG. Better than Jaicos. Better than Moore. We haven’t drafted a guy in the open draft this good since Grundy and no pick 14 or 15 does not get an amazing talent more often than not. One year it might get you Adam Simpson and the next maybe James Sellar it’s a lottery by that stage of the draft.

It’s a moot discussion though because there’s no way GC are moving 2025 picks! A casual glance at the future stars match is all it takes to tell you they should be moving 6, 12 and 20 into next years draft. I wouldn’t even bother with Noble or Rioli if I were on their list management committee.

What realistically could be the sweetner... genuine question
Later picks (this year or next) for points because GCS need points.
The disclaimer is making sure we have enough points for Tommy next year though.
I get the feeling that GCS will place more importance on securing specific player types this trade period than using picks in the draft.
Dimma would love the run and rebound of both Rioli and Noble off half back.
It’s only spitballing though mate. Who knows how it may pan out.

He is better than everyone on our list except Naicos. Better than JDG. Better than Jaicos. Better than Moore. We haven’t drafted a guy in the open draft this good since Grundy and no pick 14 or 15 does not get an amazing talent more often than not. One year it might get you Adam Simpson and the next maybe James Sellar it’s a lottery by that stage of the draft.

It’s a moot discussion though because there’s no way GC are moving 2025 picks! A casual glance at the future stars match is all it takes to tell you they should be moving 6, 12 and 20 into next years draft. I wouldn’t even bother with Noble or Rioli if I were on their list management committee.
That would give us a good chance of us swapping next years first to this year with them in the noble deal. Hope so anyway

If they acquired both they’d give great rebound and legspeed off half back.

If they acquired both they’d give great rebound and legspeed off half back.
After hearing hardwick speak, it sounds like their sick of first round draft picks and believe they need to trade them out and get ready made players in return. I can understand the interest in Noble and Rioli

Remove this Banner Ad

List Mgmt. Collingwood Trade and FA

Remove this Banner Ad

Back