List Mgmt. Collingwood Trade and FA

Remove this Banner Ad

wasn't that the year we gave 2 x high first round draft picks that had players such as Curnow and Mackay?. You don't think either or both of them would have been better than taking Treloar?
If Melbourne took Weideman with that pick in the draft we gave up , then with the family history we almost certainly would have. That would have lead to a lot more angst on here.

Well mate, if his art made you smile that’s one more smile than I got from his contribution on field the second time around. But at least it’s something
it was a very bad deal but is it worth going over old mistakes? after watching the granny, we could have been just as much chance of winning it this year if it wasn't for injuries. I don't see why we can't win it next year. We'll get our draft picks but not this or next year because we want to win the flag again. There's also no guarantee that we bottom out after 25 or 26. We'll still have a great side

I’m not sure anyone has suggested we’d get 12 for Noble alone. It’s implied that if we were to get 12 in that deal there would be more to it than a straight swap.
Some have.

From what we're hearing - Blues first not on the table for Houston - that pick 12 is worth a lot - more than our future first, possibly as much as our future first and Noble. If Houston ends up elsewhere and we are hitting the draft. I think it'd end up with us aiming for our future first, Noble and later points picks for 12 and 26. GC would then trade pick 20 for another future first.

But we don't have anything of value to give away this year? So it's not really the same as last year.

And I happen to see more upside in Schultz next year as opposed to say, Ginnivan, if we're talking about like for like.

Ginnivan played extremely well for Hawks this year, and as you say was on par with Schultz. Schultz reportedly struggled this year with expectations? criticism? family issues? our system? I expect him to improve next year. I expect Ginnivan played the best he can this year with the Hawks, so will he remain the same or perhaps even dip..?

We also don't know if Ginni may have just sulked his way through 23 if we kept him on after he was reportedly miffed by his exit meeting feedback & stopped him going to his beloved Hawks on a longer contract..?
At Ginivan’s age Schultz had just made his senior debut, while Ginivan has 65 games where his career averages are on par with Schultz best footy at Freo

At Ginivan’s age Schultz had just made his senior debut, while Ginivan has 65 games where his career averages are on par with Schultz best footy at Freo
Don't see how any of that impacts on what either of them deliver next year or beyond.

I'm more interested in this year's trade period. And our 2025.

Looking forward to seeing what Leppa delivers for us.

wasn't that the year we gave 2 x high first round draft picks that had players such as Curnow and Mackay?. You don't think either or both of them would have been better than taking Treloar?
I would have traded in pick 57 and 38 in the respective years and drafted Lachie Neale and Chad Warner a pick before Freo and Sydney did.

Don't see how any of that impacts on what either of them deliver next year or beyond.

I'm more interested in this year's trade period. And our 2025.

Looking forward to seeing what Leppa delivers for us.
As it is clear one has more upside. Schultz struggled yet wasn’t far off his career best numbers

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Some have.

From what we're hearing - Blues first not on the table for Houston - that pick 12 is worth a lot - more than our future first, possibly as much as our future first and Noble. If Houston ends up elsewhere and we are hitting the draft. I think it'd end up with us aiming for our future first, Noble and later points picks for 12 and 26. GC would then trade pick 20 for another future first.
GC have a academy player that will go top 10 named Leo Lombard

Because of this GC will be happy to trade out picks 12 and 20 for a combination of future picks and later picks with points value. Hopefully to us and I think having Noble and what looks like a solid future 1st gives us a good shot at getting those picks.

We could trade in 12 and 20 for our f1, Noble and maybe 33 or 48.

That gives us 12 and 20 either for the draft or to package up with Richards for Houston.
One Port supporter even suggested that this would be enough to get it done although most appear to want to deal with North.

Oh dear god

The Rock Eye Roll GIF by WWE

Some have.

Twomey said we'd asked for pick 12 and then Edmund later said we didn't. I would begin at pick 12, why not, they want him

When have we not got burnt by trading multiple first rounders?

Huston is a good player yet so was Tim Taranto and look how that backfired on Richmond.
Correct me if I'm wrong but we've only traded mutiple 1st round picks once, with a bit coming back, for Adam Treloar. I don't think that trade on its own burnt us. Our TPP mismanagement made it seem that way. If we were on top of the salary cap, Adam may still well be with us and we wouldn't even be questioning his cost. Unless there is another time we traded multiple first rounders that I can't recall?

Trading future picks does certainly come with risk though as we well and truly know about

Correct me if I'm wrong but we've only traded mutiple 1st round picks once, with a bit coming back, for Adam Treloar. I don't think that trade on its own burnt us. Our TPP mismanagement made it seem that way. If we were on top of the salary cap, Adam may still well be with us and we wouldn't even be questioning his cost. Unless there is another time we traded multiple first rounders that I can't recall?

Trading future picks does certainly come with risk though as we well and truly know about
Dayne Beams. We also traded pick 2 for a few late first rounders and pick 10 for Schultz

Twomey said we'd asked for pick 12 and then Edmund later said we didn't. I would begin at pick 12, why not, they want him
Reckon how it'll go, they'll begin with 12, and settle with 20. Given 20 is what was said we were aiming for.

Remove this Banner Ad

List Mgmt. Collingwood Trade and FA

Remove this Banner Ad

Back