List Mgmt. Collingwood Trade and FA

Remove this Banner Ad

F1 + Noble should be fair for 12 & 20. Every chance that our first in 12 months is a top 10 pick… and they’re also getting a strategic win from this
I don’t disagree but for GC to take it, we’d have to add in something extra. Considering the strength of this draft, and the fact that future picks hold less value due to the time it takes to use them, our future first might only be worth pick 20 in this draft.

Oh you can approach the negotiations like that no probs. But I wouldn’t expect to be walking away with 12 for Noble and I doubt that’s your genuine expectation either.
That is my expectation if Rioli goes for 6. The difference in the two is marginal and unless it’s something like us slinging pick 50 with Noble I’d rather we keep him than tying in our future 1st or taking 20 which winds up at around 27.

Don’t get me wrong he’s not worth 12, but that probably pushes to 17 which is about right for a dashing half back they’ve targeted with 2 years to run on his contract. With no prospect of Houston keeping Noble is fine by me.

It was on Facebook so probably fake.
It’s clickbait. Headline says we’ve secured him but the article says we’re front runners and refers to Twomey etc.

I'd like to see...

Our 3 picks for Lions F1st pick
Noble, our F1st for Suns 12+20...............or.................(Noble, our F2nd for Suns pick 12)

We end up with

12, 20, F1st Richards pick............................................12, 2xF1sts, Richards pick

Trade Lions F1st for Tigers F2nd+F3rd (current 3rd) or (another clubs picks)

Sound good or have I stuffed it up? I'm tired 💤

Oscar Faulkhead has been delisted by GC. Very good player who probably won't get a game in their midfield.
That does make it harder for him to get minutes, yes.

No flag, no BNF, no all Aus and didn’t play 100 games for two top 10 picks. If that was the return we got from the draft picks you’d say they were a bust
Only reason Ads didn't play 100 games for us is because we forcibly offloaded him in an attempt to fix our woeful salary cap situation. There is no parallel universe in which he can be considered a bust. If I recall correctly, he led our Brownlow votes one year and gave it a real shake. Was /is also a genuinely good human. I loved Adam Treloar as a Pie

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Only reason Ads didn't play 100 games for us is because we forcibly offloaded him in an attempt to fix our woeful salary cap situation. There is no parallel universe in which he can be considered a bust. If I recall correctly, he led our Brownlow votes one year and gave it a real shake. Was /is also a genuinely good human. I loved Adam Treloar as a Pie
Please don’t start this up again!

Reading comprehension is important. Literally nobody has said Noble is worth pick 12. It has been widely reported though that the club are targeting pick 12 and Noble could be a part of that.

It’s not that hard. And 26-30 is fair if Noble wasn’t a best 22 player under contract. In that case slight overs is generally the norm which is around pick 20.
You take 20 every day of the week but don't be surprised if we take 26 or low 30s.

They are when the suns have a couple academy prospects in 2025
The Suns will be dealing pick 12 most likely, and there’s no shortage of clubs that will be interested. I’d love to get 12+20 for future first and Noble but I think other clubs can put up better offers.

Let’s say Noble is worth bang on pick 20 and that’s being generous to us, this draft is supposedly very good so pick 12 this year will be worth more than pick 12 next year. Also naturally clubs are in the business of building a list right now as opposed to in the future, so the time factor also devalues future picks.

If we’re on track to get Houston, the Suns won’t do the trade because with Houston we should be a top 4 side next year. If no Houston, we might be more likely but I still can’t see it. The Suns could deal that pick to Carlton and trade for Noble separately. Pick 12 is the most valuable commodity in the two club’s trade discussions.

The Suns also don’t need to bank the points right now for Uwland. They’ve got 12 months to figure it out.

According to that website we secured Perryman on a 38 million € transfer and we are mourning the tragic passing of Travis Cloke…. Without his name mentioned, only photos of him.

Saw that and gave me a Laugh

Remove this Banner Ad

List Mgmt. Collingwood Trade and FA

Remove this Banner Ad

Back