List Mgmt. Collingwood Trade and FA

Remove this Banner Ad

Oh vinnie. Coleman was way better in that role to the point he had become the best in the comp at it. Zorko was exposed on quite a few occasions as being unable to defend when he had to. They would have played Coleman in that role every day of the week instead of Zorko
Zorko went AA in that role this year, so you’re going to be hard pressed convincing anyone that Coleman would have been that much better than him.

So Brisbane have an academy kid expected to go top 20 and yet he played for the Sandringham Dragons.

How does that work?

So they get priority access and also have the benefit of a "Queensland" kid playing elite u18 football in Victoria.

Nice work if you can get it.

Luke Hodges son is an Academy Player which is even more bullshit. He should be father son every day of the week. AFL just let shit like this through to the keeper.

... we're not allowed to talk about this on the Trade thread anymore.

Given I don't live on here 24/7, and had to catch up 15 pages or so. I was unaware of Kym Jong un's declaration of what can and can't be posted or responded to in here... my bad.

What does that mean?

He's been living and playing football in Victoria for a number of years now?
Many prospects get a scholarship to board in melb, not everyone takes it up.

Suns had a prospect, Caleb Nancarrow, he boarded in melb but played for the chargers.
Believe GWS had a similar prospect a year or so ago.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

What does that mean?

He's been living and playing football in Victoria for a number of years now?
According to play AFL he played on the Sunny Coast from 2013-21. 2022 he played under 16s in Vic for St Bedes/Mentone then made Sandy u/16s and vic metro.

In 2023/24 he now played rep footy for Queensland while playing Sandy Dragons. The only listed involvement with the Lions academy is 23/24.

But it doesn’t look like he made any rep side until he came to Vic although those years were covid affected

If we knew at draft time AJ, would have a poor season, and that Brodie and McStay would miss with injury, while Kreuger was not up to it, we may have gone a different way.
Many knew AJ wasn't up to it and Krueger has always been made of glass. Brodie and McStay are both closer to the end that the start.

Planning ahead and taking a KPF to develop over another outside mid made all sorts of sense at the time.

That’s assuming that Hine had those two on his board at those points. In 2015 both Harry McKay and Charlie Curnow were taken after Weideman, and McKay in particular was a typical Hine selection being one of the youngest players in the draft (24th December birthday).
2016 was a bit of a poo draft but there were a few players we could have taken, Jy Simpkin being one that stood out.
So yeah I get what you’re saying but ultimately the metric you’ve given is almost as flawed as what you’re arguing against.
Given the quality of that draft, Shai Bolton could have still been on top of our board that early.

Remove this Banner Ad

List Mgmt. Collingwood Trade and FA

Remove this Banner Ad

Back