List Mgmt. Collingwood Trade and FA

Remove this Banner Ad

Here's my deep dive on Perryman.

Very stats focused.

Enjoy.
Big effort.
Thanks.

Gotta say, competent numbers, but doesn’t blow me away. Not 100% sure I understand why we’d fight so hard to get him.
Feels a bit of a case of mother Hubbard’s cupboard.

Big effort.
Thanks.

Gotta say, competent numbers, but doesn’t blow me away. Not 100% sure I understand why we’d fight so hard to get him.
Solid, versatile player at no draft cost who can go into available cap space.

Big effort.
Thanks.

I’d expect those disposal numbers to increase with us.

Hope Pies get Peatling and Perryman. Both will help significantly.
Hope one of the under 23 year olds up step up and play 15 games. Even better if two of them do.

Above is ideal to keep Magpies a top 6 team in the next years and in the hunt.

If Houston is also a get, then that's just bonus. Reminds me when Brian Lake joined Hawks when they were stacked with Hall of Fame players in the middle of their dynasty run.

Bulldogs board

I'm hearing magpies offer blew everyone out of the water. A week or two ago GWS upped their offer from 2 years to 3 and it all looked wrapped up but the Pies are desperate to climb again and rejuvenate their midfield, upping the financial side of their 4 year offer and offering first crack at midfield minutes.
Pies have also offered Perryman something believed to blow Port and GWS out of the water, they've offered the same/similar terms as Port and significantly more then GWS but unlike Port and GWS they can also offer him significant midfield minutes.
If true, I think we might trigger band one for Perryman to get Peatling cheaper by trade, by upgrading GWS’ compensation from 19 to 15

Oh vinnie. Coleman was way better in that role to the point he had become the best in the comp at it. Zorko was exposed on quite a few occasions as being unable to defend when he had to. They would have played Coleman in that role every day of the week instead of Zorko
Yep, they would have.
But can’t deny the impact Zorko had. No way Brisbane would have thought he would have an AA year and cover his loss so well.
I think you underestimate the year Zorko had in 2024.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Ok, so if rumours are to be believed, then Perryman and Peatling are looking likely.

I'm guessing Lord might now be in doubt as I'd wager Port would be salty as f**k about missing out on two players they wanted and will play hard ball (if at all) on Lord

Zorko got a lucky break, the way coleman was going he would been AA also. We were very lucky coleman didn't play in the GF last year, he was flying
Nobody is arguing that. But there’s no denying that Zorko played at a league best level in the role after Coleman went down. That’s why he was All Australian this year, and that’s why getting Coleman back won’t necessarily make them that much better.
Side note: Coleman did play in the grand final last year and he was clear best on ground in the first half.

Given the quality of that draft, Shai Bolton could have still been on top of our board that early.
I think we had him at number 11 iirc, so close but not quite.

Both Peatling and Perryman would be fantastic
Both individually fine acquisitions, but I’m a little doubtful as to whether we need to add two midfielders this trade period unless the club are quietly doubtful that Mitchell can get back fit and firing.

We don’t have an elite midfield but we do have depth factoring in De Goey and Mitchell being available for round 0/1. One addition is great, both might be overkill? We still need a tall defender, and potentially a forward like Lord or a good half back. I’d also like to keep options open next year for players like LDU or Petracca if they’re gettable. Perryman and Peatling probably closes that door if they’re coming in on generous salaries.

Even though Coleman had 20 in the first half of last years GF I never felt he was hurting us. There was a lot of short and sideways kicks as we had them boxed into our forward line and let them chip it around in there.

He should’ve kicked a running goal in the last from outside 50 that would’ve made things interesting.

Harry is a pretty laconic young bloke, he’ll be a popular teammate but his style mirrors his personality. He’ll be a whipping boy here I’ve no doubt. His contract and tenure will grow and grow as he appears to cruise around on the field.

Finding the Peatling rumours difficult to believe. And isn’t he contracted?

Being contracted isn't really a barrier anymore

Remove this Banner Ad

List Mgmt. Collingwood Trade and FA

Remove this Banner Ad

Back