List Mgmt. Collingwood Trade and FA

Remove this Banner Ad

So 4 goals is a bag now for a key forward?

Hogan and McDonald where the first 2 games of the year where we got thrashed through the midfield. I'm pretty sure he didn't play exclusively on Hogan anyway.

He didn't play on McKay at all. He played on Curnow who kicked 2 and soundly beat him.

Also, go have a look at the 4 goals Larkey kicked in that first quarter. Superman couldn't have stopped 3 of them and the only one he had any chance whatsoever of stopping was the controversial one Larkey took on the goal line when the post got in the way.
It is in 2024… As an exercise run the same analysis of our top 4 peers and how many 4 goal performances they’ve conceded to KPF’s. My question on Larkey’s performance is when did Frampton become superman? The ball was coming in just as cleanly post QT.

Before I get yelled at, let me say, I really love Jordy. He's one of my kids favourite. He's a big moment player. I don't think we would've won the GF without him.

BUT, I think his trade value is something we should consider. If we can attract the right player we need, JDG could be a missing piece for us to be able to get the trade value we need. If it lands us someone like Logan McDonald, Oscar Allen, Nick Larkey or one of those tall forwards from WB (not Lobb).

At 28, and injuries starting to nag him. But could make a big difference for a WCE or an aging dogs midfield. Genuine big stage performer. It could be a win win for teams.

Before I get yelled at, let me say, I really love Jordy. He's one of my kids favourite. He's a big moment player. I don't think we would've won the GF without him.

BUT, I think his trade value is something we should consider. If we can attract the right player we need, JDG could be a missing piece for us to be able to get the trade value we need. If it lands us someone like Logan McDonald, Oscar Allen, Nick Larkey or one of those tall forwards from WB (not Lobb).

At 28, and injuries starting to nag him. But could make a big difference for a WCE or an aging dogs midfield. Genuine big stage performer. It could be a win win for teams.
Have a lay down.

I would prefer we get another quality midfielder to add to JDG and Nick. If we lose JDG, it would leave our midfield too thin, especially when you see how deep the contenders midfields bat.

Go home you're drunk

I would prefer we get another quality midfielder to add to JDG and Nick. If we lose JDG, it would leave our midfield too thin, especially when you see how deep the contenders midfields bat.
Exactly. We're worried about who will fill the gap when Pendles, Steele, Mitchell etc are gone.. Fin doesn't seem up to it yet, Sully is doing a great job in the meantime, but who have we got to help Nick?

Here's a solution, let's get rid of Jordy ! 🥴

If one of Allan or Macrae had come on or Pendles wasn’t 36 maybe just maybe you look at moving him, but trading a genuine superstar in the hopes of landing a good player is poor business.

I guess you did anticipate the outcome

Imagine all the great draft picks we could get if we traded Nick Daicos!

I think we will be up against it for Logan McDonald. He looks really settled there, with a young nucleus that will challenge for the next 5-10 years. The only hope is that he Collingwood roots are as a deep as all of us here on big footy.

Finn Callaghan is the guy who I would be going all in on as that midfield target.21 years old, powerful, big hybrid midfielder. It would be a special combination with Nick over the next 10 years. Finn is a Melbourne boy and would be a realistic target to bring him home.

Who would have thought that Franklin would leave the Hawks? Tom Boyd would leave GWS. It is possible.

What makes you say or believe that McDonald is settled there? (In Sydney).

To me McDonald has had to of been very patient (with Buddy being around previously). Maybe he now sees that Amartey will be the main man?

Get the idea.
Points for going with something that most will froth over!

But JDG is a known qty over the next 4 years. Any young KP player is unknown.
So doing a deal like that has far more chance of ending badly than it does ending well for us.

Plus our system is far less reliant on requiring a 'superstar' tall than most out there.

As an aside, if we're going after Oscar Allen....then i'd copy Hawks model.

Send Oscar and Allan over to tour the eagles.
Book a return ticket for Oscar Allen in the hope no one notices the difference in spelling....

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Well I knew that would happen...
Well done lads. Predictable if anything 😆
On another site some years back I speculated what pendles, sidey or both would fetch from a club such as Gold Coast It was a preposterous concept given what both of them have achieved since then. The response was overwhelming and not altogether flattering

On another site some years back I speculated what pendles, sidey or both would fetch from a club such as Gold Coast It was a preposterous concept given what both of them have achieved since then. The response was overwhelming and not altogether flattering
People are afraid of change, I get that.

People are afraid of change, I get that.
It has nothing to do with being afraid of change and everything to do with people knowing that trading out genuine stars for draft picks or just “good” players who fill a need is poor list management.

It had nothing to do with being afraid of change and everything to do with people knowing that trading out genuine stars for draft picks or just “good” players who fill a need is poor list management.
I'm not talking about trading him for a bag of chips. Good players get good compensation.
If you read my post, I said it's something we should consider. I'm not calling for Jordy's head.
When we end up keeping him, I'll be happy. But his trade value should be considered.

I'm not talking about trading him for a bag of chips. Good players get good compensation.
If you read my post, I said it's something we should consider. I'm not calling for Jordy's head.
When we end up keeping him, I'll be happy. But his trade value should be considered.
I did read your post. It contained one good player in McDonald who probably won’t become a star, and two unattainable players. You’re under the impression it was well thought out though, so good for you I guess.

Thought players would be lining up to come to us with Nick and Fly. Looks like we’ll get no one. Seems everyone is being linked to Hawthorn lately.

We don't seem to be leaking these Rumors like we use to

I did read your post. It contained one good player in McDonald who probably won’t become a star, and two unattainable players. You’re under the impression it was well thought out though, so good for you I guess.
In your opinion they're unattainable.
While LM isn't at the same level, means we wouldn't need to pay the same amount for him.
Just a basic principle of list management.

In your opinion they're unattainable.
While LM isn't at the same level, means we wouldn't need to pay the same amount for him.
Just a basic principle of list management.
You think that a guy who just signed a long term deal and preached about loyalty, and the captain of West Coast are obtainable? That’s cute.

I'd rather play him out of the goal square for 5 years than trade him.

In his last game in round 10 he kicked 2.2 against the Crows with a torn abdominal muscle.

Remove this Banner Ad

List Mgmt. Collingwood Trade and FA

Remove this Banner Ad

Back