List Mgmt. Collingwood Trade and FA

Remove this Banner Ad

Other than those 4 vets (Pendles, Sidey, Howe, WHE) the only other senior listed players OOC are: Reef, Steene, Kreuger, Richards, Markov

The rest are rookies.

List management will be a tough one.
Despite all the warchest talk, I don't think we'll be big players in the recruitment market this year.

Collingwood have a great history for taking unwanted key backs and turning them into decent seviceable backs: Frost, Madgen, Wakelin, Maxwell, Goldsack, Dunn, Roughead... just to name a few.

I'd rather not overpay for a Barrass, instead go for someone like Denver Granger-Barass. If we do trade for someone, make it someone like one of the King boys or Hipwood

Collingwood have a great history for taking unwanted key backs and turning them into decent seviceable backs: Frost, Madgen, Wakelin, Maxwell, Goldsack, Dunn, Roughead... just to name a few.

I'd rather not overpay for a Barrass, instead go for someone like Denver Granger-Barass. If we do trade for someone, make it someone like one of the King boys or Hipwood
Wash your f***n mouth out

If only would could have the same effect on unwanted forwards!

I can't see the pull for 2 already well paid W.A natives to all of a sudden up and leave. Would have to take well over the odds money and I can't see us doing that for either of the two who both boast healthy injury histories. Must be a slow news day.

Wash your f***n mouth out

giphy.gif

Take that spud’s name out of your mouth!

Say what you want... but he's the level of quality key forward that we could realistically afford with no 1st round pick this year.

And yet letting him continue to play for Brisbane is more affordable still…

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I can't see the pull for 2 already well paid W.A natives to all of a sudden up and leave. Would have to take well over the odds money and I can't see us doing that for either of the two who both boast healthy injury histories. Must be a slow news day.
Just the managers trying to get a better deal, can't see either leaving

I think you missed my point. I'm not saying it's Hipwood or bust... I'm saying that level of quality.
We're not going to be able to get someone like Curnow with the pieces we have.

Well on that we can agree.

giphy.gif

I could see any of Sidey, Howe & Cox retiring
I can't see Howe or Sidey retiring - ever. They love playing footy. When their time is up, they'll need to be pushed. I think Sidey is close. It'll only be injuries that stop Howe - great skills, great understanding of the game and still a decent athlete.

I don't, he'd have to kick multiple goals every week to overcome 6ish years of constant injuries for me to be concerned about it. I get he played really well vs Melbourne but I dont think he is getting games over Mihocek/McStay and I dont really see all 3 playing together as mentioned a fair bit around here
If he comes out and has 5 touches + no score vs gold coast after the bye, would you still be concerned?
I’d have no problems with 5 touches.
We need to give him at least 4-6 consecutive games to get a true indication of his worth.
And it’s not like AJ or Reef are in hot form at VFL level.

Yeah i get that but the fact is we have to at the very least move 2 senior players from senior list to rookie list, trade out or delist. This is without considering players coming in which could increase the amount. There is a genuine squeeze for spots.
What about delisting Sidebottom and or Howe and then picking them back up as rookies.

Remove this Banner Ad

List Mgmt. Collingwood Trade and FA

Remove this Banner Ad

Back