List Mgmt. Collingwood Trade and FA

Remove this Banner Ad

Keane got sacrificed last night. He's been playing more as an interceptor most of the year but with their ACL defender (Murphy???? can't remember his name) coming back in they put Keane on a bloke that has centimetres on him and the ball just fell in Amarty's lap most of the night. Why the Crows didn't ever give Keane a break from him is anybody's business?

Keane got sacrificed last night. He's been playing more as an interceptor most of the year but with their ACL defender (Murphy???? can't remember his name) coming back in they put Keane on a bloke that has centimetres on him and the ball just fell in Amarty's lap most of the night. Why the Crows didn't ever give Keane a break from him is anybody's business?

Classic Nicks coaching.

You'd think at half time after he'd snagged 4 you'd make the swap considering both Murray and Butts were playing.

Set him up for failure. But a lot of the high sky balls and easy spoils should have been made at AFL level. Gave it to Amartey on a platter.

Classic Nicks coaching.

You'd think at half time after he'd snagged 4 you'd make the swap considering both Murray and Butts were playing.

Set him up for failure. But a lot of the high sky balls and easy spoils should have been made at AFL level. Gave it to Amartey on a platter.
Nicks is woeful!

Nicks is woeful!

Embarrassing level of not understanding where the list and team is at. Even last night stating 'we are making progress' despite playing guys like Murphy, McHenry, Strachan, Keays, Jones etc who are all list plodders. Playing guys like Laird on ball who has fallen off a cliff. I'm glad I'm not an Adelaide supporter at the moment.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

My big worry if we target Keane is he can be exposed 1 on 1 which happened with Amarty. Everything else about his game I like but it is a big weakness that clubs will use against him.

I dont think we will have a chance with LDU although he is the perfect Pendles replacement. This North midfield is going to be dynamite when you add Sheezel, McKercher, Duursma to it along with Simpkin. Stupid for him to leave just as they get good.

That's the concern with LDU. We need Roos to keep losing. With the talent they have, it should be turning soon, but if they're near the bottom again next year, then there is a chance.

That's the concern with LDU. We need Roos to keep losing. With the talent they have, it should be turning soon, but if they're near the bottom again next year, then there is a chance.

Yes and no. It matters this year how the Roos go to an extent, but the work that is put into these FA moves happens very early. If he’s going to come to us, he probably has made his decision by this time next year. It won’t hinge on North’s week-to-week ups and downs in 2025.

My big worry if we target Keane is he can be exposed 1 on 1 which happened with Amarty. Everything else about his game I like but it is a big weakness that clubs will use against him.

I dont think we will have a chance with LDU although he is the perfect Pendles replacement. This North midfield is going to be dynamite when you add Sheezel, McKercher, Duursma to it along with Simpkin. Stupid for him to leave just as they get good.
Reading the Adelaide board they believe Keane has "checked out".
Keane can be exposed 1v1 but that is not our system.
He could be a good Howe type with taller guys Moore/Frampton/Dean or better defenders Maynard/IQ zoning onto his player.
He is contracted so we would have to trade for him however.

Reading the Adelaide board they believe Keane has "checked out".
Keane can be exposed 1v1 but that is not our system.
He could be a good Howe type with taller guys Moore/Frampton/Dean or better defenders Maynard/IQ zoning onto his player.
He is contracted so we would have to trade for him however.
Keane looked way out of his depth against Sydney. Terrible 1 v 1 and looks lost unless he's got time and space. Teams would isolate him against a good opponent. I'm not sure if we are interested in him but I wouldn't lose any sleep if he stays in Adelaide

Haven’t been keeping tabs on this stuff lately, but what’s the latest on Smith? I don’t see JDG as that consistent Swan/ Pendles/ Naicos week in week out high level performer. If you sit one on Naicos and he’s shutdown it then leaves us skinny on game breakers if JDG isn’t at the high level. Another guy that comes in and can just give you 25 possessions week to week would really elevate us in 2025 given what we do structurally.

Unfortunately the goalposts have moved on our currency since my last take so we’d probably now have to move a best 23 player or our 2025 1st to make a deal happen. In terms of moving one it’s Elliott, McReery and IQ that standout, but none seem right. Elliott probably doesn’t have the currency and the other two feel fabric players. There’s no easy solution there.

I’m on the Keane train.

Haven’t been keeping tabs on this stuff lately, but what’s the latest on Smith? I don’t see JDG as that consistent Swan/ Pendles/ Naicos week in week out high level performer. If you sit one on Naicos and he’s shutdown it then leaves us skinny on game breakers if JDG isn’t at the high level. Another guy that comes in and can just give you 25 possessions week to week would really elevate us in 2025 given what we do structurally.

Unfortunately the goalposts have moved on our currency since my last take so we’d probably now have to move a best 23 player or our 2025 1st to make a deal happen. In terms of moving one it’s Elliott, McReery and IQ that standout, but none seem right. Elliott probably doesn’t have the currency and the other two feel fabric players. There’s no easy solution there.

I’m on the Keane train.
The thing is about the 2025 first is that depending on the new rules for the draft incoming, we may need to keep that pick to match for McGuane next year.

The thing is about the 2025 first is that depending on the new rules for the draft incoming, we may need to keep that pick to match for McGuane next year.
Trade into that draft with the 2026 pick if need be. Smith>>>picks for McGuane.

Remove this Banner Ad

List Mgmt. Collingwood Trade and FA

Remove this Banner Ad

Back