List Mgmt. Collingwood Trade and FA

Remove this Banner Ad

Did you find it odd when Leon Davis was lowballed by the club and retired after a AA season? If he can earn an extra 750,000 over 3 years and set up his family then he should! Then there's the he should just be a grateful little aboriginal and accept what he's been given cabal, nup.

Uh...what the hell are you talking about?

What does Leon Davis have to do with anything? Leon wasn't given a lifeline at a second club after some relatively serious off field issues?

Geelong has also always been known as a "destination club" that players allegedly take "unders" to play at.

Again, the reported number still seems ok? (for Geelomg) and I just thought that under the circumstances of Geelong giving him a lifeline, I was just surprised is all.

No different to those of us who wanted De Goey to stay for unders due to all the support we had given him for his off field indiscretions.

Did you find it odd when Leon Davis was lowballed by the club and retired after a AA season? If he can earn an extra 750,000 over 3 years and set up his family then he should! Then there's the he should just be a grateful little aboriginal and accept what he's been given cabal, nup.
Such an odd rant to go on. Guys career was shot due to drug use and two delistings. Fair question to ask, don't be so unhinged.

Geelong lowballing him was probably the answer you could have went with

With Stengle you'd expect that both parties would view the deal / relationship fairly maturely. Geelong is unlikely to be contending in the near future (although never say never with Geelong) and Stengle has resurrected his career to the point that he's now a valuable asset.

There's no real incentive for Geelong to pay overs and stretch their cap, nor is there an incentive for Stengle to take unders. The best Geelong can hope for if Stengle doesn't wish to take unders is for a big money deal at another club in order to boost their compensation entitlement. Stengle of course maximises his value at a time when it's likely to be its highest.
Because he was desisted/sacked from the crows isn't he now an automatic UFA. Or is he still contracted but clubs will up it if he is traded elsewhere

Because he was desisted/sacked from the crows isn't he now an automatic UFA. Or is he still contracted but clubs will up it if he is traded elsewhere
Yes - any player who has become a free agent automatically becomes an unrestricted free agent at the end of the term of their contract. Players who were picked up in the MSD rookie draft and were previously delisted were automatically included on the 2019 free agency list.

It has obviously been discussed here somewhere, but I am not up with it,
Anyway, here goes!!!
Zurhar would be a good get. Any chance??
I think we would be burning salary cap space on a player who is occasionally very good but seems to have struggled for consistency throughout his career.

My concern would be trying to fit him into either our forward line or our midfield. I don't think he would displace anyone in our midfield for a permanent spot and he wouldn't displace anyone in our forward line for a permanent spot. Perhaps if he and Jordy shared the load between forward and midfield, however that to me doesn't seem to be an ideal allocation of resources.

I'd prefer loading up and trying to pry LDU away from North, as I think he would better fill an area of need in our team than Zurhaar would.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Uh...what the hell are you talking about?

What does Leon Davis have to do with anything? Leon wasn't given a lifeline at a second club after some relatively serious off field issues?

Geelong has also always been known as a "destination club" that players allegedly take "unders" to play at.

Again, the reported number still seems ok? (for Geelomg) and I just thought that under the circumstances of Geelong giving him a lifeline, I was just surprised is all.

No different to those of us who wanted De Goey to stay for unders due to all the support we had given him for his off field indiscretions.
It's very easy for someone's chubby little fingers to say take unders, pay players what they're worth, in 25 years time and if the money is running low or there's a massive expense for some reason that you were loyal won't pay the bills, 200k+ over 3/4 years is way to much to leave on the table so for the Geel take or leave it offer Stengle should leave it.

amazed we haven’t been linked with Stengel yet good to see yeo re signed
It’s a no for me. He’s developed into a ripper, but I don’t think he suits us. All our small forwards apply an abundance of pressure and Stengle is more in the Ginnivan mould where it’s an optional extra. If I were him making a pure footy decision I’d stick with the Cats because their system is best suited league wide to a finishing small forward. The next best fit would be the Hawks, IMO.

I hope to hell Stengle does leave Geelong for more money. I’m still off them for the Henry situation.

And before any mone says we got Mitchell out of that deal, and he essentially won us a flag, yes I know that. Geelong can still go and get f**ked though.

Sent from my iPhone using BigFooty.com

I hope to hell Stengle does leave Geelong for more money. I’m still off them for the Henry situation.

And before any mone says we got Mitchell out of that deal, and he essentially won us a flag, yes I know that. Geelong can still go and get f**ked though.

Sent from my iPhone using BigFooty.com
It depends who he goes to. There's several clubs I don't want to get him, as he'll make them better.

If there's ever a time we could make a
play for one C Petracca, it's now...
Surely he would strongly consider leaving that S### stain of a club and request a trade to his real home......
A Melbourne supporter hinted that a high profile player who is on a long term deal is looking to get out. Things aren’t too roaey at the Demons.

Would love it to be Petracca.

Remove this Banner Ad

List Mgmt. Collingwood Trade and FA

Remove this Banner Ad

Back