List Mgmt. Collingwood Trade and FA

Remove this Banner Ad

Cats should count themselves VERY lucky he signed when he did, if he was unsigned during this losing streak, he’d be getting offers like Stengle right now
Offers a lot higher than Stengle, even though he'd also cost a heap in trade. He's their best player already.

Another year, more talk about Thomlinson to the Pies. It's been a decade of discussion about a bloke who is just not very good.
ZeroHanger is run by a few uni students. At times, they put up a good read or two. They basically put 2 and 2 together and write an article. We need to beef up our midfield for next year if we want to remain in the window. Carlton still have Cerra to come back and Sydney, Mills. Not to mention sides like GWS

ZeroHanger is run by a few uni students. At times, they put up a good read or two. They basically put 2 and 2 together and write an article. We need to beef up our midfield for next year if we want to remain in the window. Carlton still have Cerra to come back and Sydney, Mills. Not to mention sides like GWS
The bloke on the right looks like Charlie Dean, so you'd expect them to have the inside word in the Pies.

Not sure I'm too interested in Oliver unless we're both happy that he will be fit & healthy, and that he is in the right headspace.
No one is interested at Oliver at 1M for 6 years (which is the contract you’d take on).

What he is worth on trade table is related to how much dees kick in over the 6 years.
Or if he is willing to tear up his contract (why should he?)

Think he has 6 years in him?
I certainly don’t.

Dee’s have hamstrung themselves in cap space because of 1 player taking up 1M for 6 years….piss poor list management.

Although speak to Dees and he is worth 2 top 10 picks (not with 1M over 6 years to go with it….)
He’s declined a lot over the past 2 years. He’s not getting better. Let Melb continue to fork out 1M for him….

No one is interested at Oliver at 1M for 6 years (which is the contract you’d take on).

What he is worth on trade table is related to how much dees kick in over the 6 years.

I certainly don’t.

Dee’s have hamstrung themselves in cap space because of 1 player taking up 1M for 6 years….piss poor list management.

Although speak to Dees and he is worth 2 top 10 picks (not with 1M over 6 years to go with it….)
He’s declined a lot over the past 2 years. He’s not getting better. Let Melb continue to fork out 1M for him….
I would anticipate a Grundy-like situation for a club to take him on where Melb pays out a portion

Much as I'm enjoying the musings over potentially landing one of the best mids in the game (somehow), I heard some chat during the week we might be exploring Tex walker as a possibility for next year.

I don't mind it if we can get him for a cheapish contract for a year or two, my thoughts are more around what does that do to our best 22, especially structurally?

Under fly we have long preferred 2 rucks, hypothetically does Tex take the place of cox? If so who plays second fiddle to cameron in the ruck? Mcstay? Seems a difficult shuffle to me.

I certainly don’t.

Oliver would have to have a metamorphosis to be trusted for another 5 years. Leave him at the Dees where he can continue to take up valuable cap space.

Oliver would have to have a metamorphosis to be trusted for another 5 years. Leave him at the Dees where he can continue to take up valuable cap space.
And continue to poison their "culture".

Btw... I see you did a gimpy in the Carlton banter thread on the main board. "That's it for me. I'm out" 😂.
You are right about the biased moderator in there.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I would anticipate a Grundy-like situation for a club to take him on where Melb pays out a portion
I think Dees will keep him. They're not replacing what he's got the potential to contribute over the next couple years whilst Gawn and May are still guns. Their window is still open if they get things right.

Best thing Dee's could do is get rid of their coach.
I agree. They've got a short window left of having enough stars. Much more chance of success by keeping the stars and turning it around with new leadership than by trying to find replacement stars.

And continue to poison their "culture".

Btw... I see you did a gimpy in the Carlton banter thread on the main board. "That's it for me. I'm out" 😂.
You are right about the biased moderator in there.
Biased was being nice, there's much deeper issues there. It's unhealthy

I agree. They've got a short window left of having enough stars. Much more chance of success by keeping the stars and turning it around with new leadership than by trying to find replacement stars.
He seems to be as much of their problem as anything (no doubt including their culture 🙄)

Their supporters have totally lost faith in him.

Remove this Banner Ad

List Mgmt. Collingwood Trade and FA

Remove this Banner Ad

Back