List Mgmt. Collingwood Trade and FA

Remove this Banner Ad

How can we lose interest? Nothing has changed from when we were interested?

Only logical explanations are

1: its made up
2: collingwood is leaking to the media deliberately to lower his value
What have we got to offer the Dogs? Compared to Hawks? Cats? If those clubs are in a better position than we are to deal with the Dogs, if Smith has a preference for one of those clubs.. all these things would affect/change what our interest could now be.

We're no doubt speaking to lots of different players/managers & working out what is feasible, what type of players we can acquire & when.

Our priorities may need to change dependent on lots of different things out of our control.

What have we got to offer the Dogs? Compared to Hawks? Cats? If those clubs are in a better position than we are to deal with the Dogs, if Smith has a preference for one of those clubs.. all these things would affect/change what our interest could now be.

We're no doubt speaking to lots of different players/managers & working out what is feasible, what type of players we can acquire & when.

Our priorities may need to change dependent on lots of different things out of our control.
I think early in the year it would have been... we can have an interest in multiple players - but now we're past mid way where deals start to get organised and get players over the line (the mcstay deal was done this time in 2022), we have to actual figure out what deals are more likely, and which are not. Time to get a little realistic.

I think early in the year it would have been... we can have an interest in multiple players - but now we're past mid way where deals start to get organised and get players over the line (the mcstay deal was done this time in 2022), we have to actual figure out what deals are more likely, and which are not. Time to get a little realistic.
Yep, pretty much what I said.

As the year goes on, things change, priorities change, more players re-commit to their clubs, others want to wait for a variety of different reasons, injuries, multiple reasons..all these things are out of our hands.

And the list of players all clubs are interested in/available gets smaller & smaller as the year progresses.

Pretty sure Adams would have McRae and Sullivan covered if he was still with us.
I might be one of the few who would prefer Sullivan now.
Granted, Adams’ manic attack on the ball/player is inspirational.
I prefer Sullivan’s disposal and footy smarts.
PS: Feel free to disagree however, I won’t be trying to convince you I’m right.

Sullivan overall has been good but just lately seems to be getting caught a lot/forced to rush disposal. Maybe oppo teams are paying him more attention.

Pretty sure Adams would have McRae and Sullivan covered if he was still with us.

Parker broke his arm at the start of the season and had to come back through the 2's. When he comes back from suspension they will play him if there's a spot and his form warrants it obviously. Add to that, Callum Mills will be back soon too.
If Adams wanted out because he thought his spot was on shaky grounds at the Pies, super bad call to go the the Swans. I remember Swans posters at the time referring to him as "handy depth".
Cool, he has some depth players covered. Does he have HH covered? Does he even have Richards covered? At this point I’d say that’s debatable.

Swans posters before Parker was suspended were saying he was cooked and Adams had well and truly taken his spot. His mediocre VFL form backs that up.

Will be interesting to see what the Swans do when Luke Parker is available again.

There's a distinct possibility that Tay could be the first player in history to play all year at one club only to tragically miss the GF, then moves to another club the next year only for the same scenario to play out. That would suck!
Parker is probably the most likely to take over Tay’s role when he does come back in. Heeney, Chad, Rowbum, Errol is an elite midfield and he’s not breaking into that. Mills when he comes back will probably be deployed to defence

And so much for Tay being full time mid there, he’s playing the same role he did at the Pies, HFF with some CBAs.

Smith preference is us and we want him. Biggest sticking point was always trade capital. Other clubs have more to offer the Dogs, but it all comes down to what they are willing to accept.
Gold Coast were prepared to offer more for Beams and Treloar but that didn’t eventuate

Smith preference is us and we want him. Biggest sticking point was always trade capital. Other clubs have more to offer the Dogs, but it all comes down to what they are willing to accept.
Gold Coast were prepared to offer more for Beams and Treloar but that didn’t eventuate
You find a way if both parties keen

How can we lose interest? Nothing has changed from when we were interested?

Only logical explanations are

1: its made up
2: collingwood is leaking to the media deliberately to lower his value
3. His trade and/or contract valuation might be higher than we thought it would be.
4. We might not ever have had much interest but his connection to the Daicos boys meant it got credible clicks
5. He might have told us he wants to go elsewhere.

Parker is probably the most likely to take over Tay’s role when he does come back in. Heeney, Chad, Rowbum, Errol is an elite midfield and he’s not breaking into that. Mills when he comes back will probably be deployed to defence

And so much for Tay being full time mid there, he’s playing the same role he did at the Pies, HFF with some CBAs.
It was pretty delusional for anyone to think Adams would be pushing developing young talent like Rowbottom out of the midfield, let alone ascending stars like Warner & Gulden.

After Adams' weirdness around Daicos' growth last year, I didn't mind too much to see him go.

It was pretty delusional for anyone to think Adams would be pushing developing young talent like Rowbottom out of the midfield, let alone ascending stars like Warner & Gulden.

After Adams' weirdness around Daicos' growth last year, I didn't mind too much to see him go.

What's the bolded in reference to?

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Sullivan overall has been good but just lately seems to be getting caught a lot/forced to rush disposal. Maybe oppo teams are paying him more attention.
It’s because he’s slow by AFL midfield standards. If I had to guess I’d say it’s why he’s been overlooked all these years. Look at a guy like HH same body size, smarts, top level experience and skill, but is rarely caught with the ball because he has that extra pace. Sullivan’s a good squad player, but not someone I’d like to see in a contending team week to week.

I was an Adams fan, Sullivan whilst a mature ager will get better as he adjusts to AFL, how much is key here as to where he sits in comparison. A few less years on the clock and the benefit of a younger body being less susceptible to soft tissue, plus Adams has history.

My biggest issue and frustration with Adams, he thought he was a better kick than he actually was and could kill momentum by over doing it. I like the look of Sullivan but I think we might be betting on the upside right now.

I’m sitting on the fence a little.

Last edited:
It’s because he’s slow by AFL midfield standards. If I had to guess I’d say it’s why he’s been overlooked all these years. Look at a guy like HH same body size, smarts, top level experience and skill, but is rarely caught with the ball because he has that extra pace. Sullivan’s a good squad player, but not someone I’d like to see in a contending team week to week.
Reminds me of Sam Dwyer. Not necessarily in the way he plays, but in that he has the talent but is just that half step too slow to be competing as a best 22 player.

People never noticed but Adams had a bit of speed from stoppage. Sullivan is very slow and can't get clear. Granted Sullys kicks look okay and better than Adams. But the rest of Adam's game was at least as good if not better.

Smith may look at the hawks as an up and coming side but they are still 50/50 to make finals this year.

The cats are going backwards at a rate of knots. Their midfield is full of B graders and they dont have a ruckman. If he goes there its for the money.

Or he could play with 2 x Daicos, Crisp, Pendles and Degoey and be a chance of another flag.

Having said that I'd chase LDU before Smith.

Yep he's in the same role now as he was at the Pies! The Parker discussion is a distraction from the topic of debate. Namely Tay's reasoning for leaving. If he wanted a more secure spot and to play more midfield minutes as was the theory. Why on earth would he choose to go to the club with the most stacked midfield group in the comp? Makes zero sense.

People never noticed but Adams had a bit of speed from stoppage. Sullivan is very slow and can't get clear. Granted Sullys kicks look okay and better than Adams. But the rest of Adam's game was at least as good if not better.

For a guy playing his first season he's carried a fair load with Degoey, Mitchell and Pendles missing.

Yeah he could use a yard of pace but think his awareness will improve with more senior footy.

Yep he's in the same role now as he was at the Pies! The Parker discussion is a distraction from the topic of debate. Namely Tay's reasoning for leaving. If he wanted a more secure spot and to play more midfield minutes as was the theory. Why on earth would he choose to go to the club with the most stacked midfield group in the comp? Makes zero sense.

he got 3 years. it was about money.

longer contract and I wouldn’t be surprised if the swans told him he’d see more midfield time just like the dees told grundy he’d be no 1 ruck

I was an Adams fan, Sullivan whilst a mature ager will get better as he adjusts to AFL, how much is key here as to where he sits in comparison. A few less years in the clock and the benefit of a younger body being less susceptible to soft tissue, plus Adams has history.

My biggest issue and frustration with Adams, he thought he was a better kick than he actually was and could kill momentum by over doing it. I like the look of Sullivan but I think we might be betting on the upside right now.

I’m sitting in the fence a little.
Sullivan to me looks the classic "couple of steps too slow for AFL" type player. Just doesn't have a burst.

I am happy to see the back of Adams' kicking clangers that's for sure. I found them quite triggering on a weekly basis.

Remove this Banner Ad

List Mgmt. Collingwood Trade and FA

Remove this Banner Ad

Back