List Mgmt. Collingwood Trade and FA

Remove this Banner Ad

Any interest in Grainger-Barras from the Hawks? Can be swung forward and back which could solve issues on gameday. Being traded or even delisted may be the kick up the backside he needs.
22, 195cm but only 81kgs. Hit the gym and give him a solid run. He's Edward Allan without the 'midfielder' tag.
He's no good, have very well connected people at Hawks and he has gone extremely backwards. Looks likely to be delisted.

Bit hard to do when he is holidaying overseas
Exactly right.

So he either courted McDonald prior to going overseas or I doubt the story is true.

The one bit that makes it plausible is that we had the bye last weekend......so maybe Fly or Ned made an approach?

He's no good, have very well connected people at Hawks and he has gone extremely backwards. Looks likely to be delisted.
So strange. It seems he hasn’t developed as you’d expect.
He was a standout in juniors and under 18’s.
Something has gone wrong because you don’t forget how to play footy.

It was pretty delusional for anyone to think Adams would be pushing developing young talent like Rowbottom out of the midfield, let alone ascending stars like Warner & Gulden.

After Adams' weirdness around Daicos' growth last year, I didn't mind too much to see him go.
Adams was heart and soul for the club. Prefer he got a premiership medal over Ginni before leaving.

I’ve liked the idea of Logan McDonald since his draft year.
Sounds like the sort of forward we need.

I’m just not sure he actually is what he sounds like.
Is the reputation or potential the equal of his reality?
Amarty has gone past him, before even the 9 goal haul.

Can someone reassure me?
And very unlikely we’d get him anyway, especially if he wins a flag at Sydney.

Adams was heart and soul for the club. Prefer he got a premiership medal over Ginni before leaving.
It’s not as if Adams was dropped for Ginnivan. He was injured in September….. for the second year running.

Heart and soul is just an emotive term that doesn’t mean too much at the end of the day. Not sure how much “heart and soul” (whatever that means) you can apply to a player who will retire a three club player.

Yes. Because he could see the writing on the wall. He was already effectively pushed out of our midfield. Would he have lasted in his forward role with the likes of Harrison and Richards breathing down his neck this year? Maybe, but it would have been a big gamble for him to stay instead of getting a lucrative deal to play in his preferred position.

Adams isn't playing his preferred position though, he is playing a very similar fwd-sometime mid role. Pretty much the same role we had him playing. He actually would have gotten significantly more inside mid time with us this year with the injuries.

I don't have anything against Adams who gave his all for us, but it seems he was more pissed the team could win a premiership without him. A lot of sporting leaders preach team over individual and the greater good of the team while they are still well entrenched in the team, then sook when they fall out of it.

In a slightly different context, Mick Malthouse was like this, always preached team over individual until it was his time to move on.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Will be interesting to see what the Swans do when Luke Parker is available again.

There's a distinct possibility that Tay could be the first player in history to play all year at one club only to tragically miss the GF, then moves to another club the next year only for the same scenario to play out. That would suck!
Don't think they bring Parker back. Mills is their main conundrum.
They have the 3 jets and the likes of Jordan and Adams doing the grunt work. Don't see them risking it on 2 underdone players.

Exactly right.

So he either courted McDonald prior to going overseas or I doubt the story is true.

The one bit that makes it plausible is that we had the bye last weekend......so maybe Fly or Ned made an approach?
The longer time passes without LM re-signing, the more exciting it gets.
Looks like we're neck deep into him.

How would we afford him. WA boy do he could easily take some of WC’s plethora of good picks especially if they lose Reid.
That’s only if he actually wants to go back to WA.

Don't think they bring Parker back. Mills is their main conundrum.
They have the 3 jets and the likes of Jordan and Adams doing the grunt work. Don't see them risking it on 2 underdone players.
Mills can be used in defence and Parker can be used forward, both have been played in those positions in the past.

Reef will never be able to take brutal hits week on week like Checkers. Reef isn't a key forward, and never will be. Not tall enough, or strong enough, he's a running type who seemingly doesn't really have a spot - yet. Maybe as a part time 3rd forward, but he'll never be able to replace Checkers.

I agree that Reef is nothing like Checkers and not many in the AFL are either. The best comparison i see for Reef is a Kyle Langford type. Tall enough to be a Key Forward but probably not physically suited to it. Langford is now a well established mobile forward after a number of years of floating around. Reef seems a natural forward so he just needs a consistent go at it. Body and form issues have let him down but there is plenty there to work with.

Adams isn't playing his preferred position though, he is playing a very similar fwd-sometime mid role. Pretty much the same role we had him playing. He actually would have gotten significantly more inside mid time with us this year with the injuries.

I don't have anything against Adams who gave his all for us, but it seems he was more pissed the team could win a premiership without him. A lot of sporting leaders preach team over individual and the greater good of the team while they are still well entrenched in the team, then sook when they fall out of it.

In a slightly different context, Mick Malthouse was like this, always preached team over individual until it was his time to move on.

Everyone is a team player until their ego gets hurt.

As pointed out, it's ironic that TA left the Pies to play midfield at the Swans, only to play the exact same role as he did in 2023. His spot will be in question upon the return of Mills and Parker.

Everyone is a team player until their ego gets hurt.

As pointed out, it's ironic that TA left the Pies to play midfield at the Swans, only to play the exact same role as he did in 2023. His spot will be in question upon the return of Mills and Parker.
He’s never gonna be ahead of Chad, Heeney, and Rowbum in the inside mid pecking order, the way those three and Errol are going no one’s replacing them bar injury

I’ve liked the idea of Logan McDonald since his draft year.
Sounds like the sort of forward we need.

I’m just not sure he actually is what he sounds like.
Is the reputation or potential the equal of his reality?
Amarty has gone past him, before even the 9 goal haul.

Can someone reassure me?
And very unlikely we’d get him anyway, especially if he wins a flag at Sydney.
We don’t have the currency to get in a top key forward in their prime. Any KPP options are gonna have questions marks.

Remove this Banner Ad

List Mgmt. Collingwood Trade and FA

Remove this Banner Ad

Back