List Mgmt. Collingwood Trade and FA

Remove this Banner Ad

Yeah, recruiting teams are usually good at knowing whats coming through and whats needed for the draft and what you are willing to use at the trade table.
And with the able to use picks for multiple years, it'll give more options to play at.
This is a totally honest Q, Jen
Do you think the club looked at the end of 2024 (w targets at the time such as Smith, Holmes, McDonald etc and considered the impact of giving up our 1st?
They must have, but it may have cost us Smith (etc) or a tall we want (either in the draft or McDonald) - or it may cost us giving up even more future first (rather than go to the draft as the club said)

I guess a bird in the hand is better to have another shot at a flag than what may be but it’s a question

we may never be able to answer

Anyway, I’m in w getting McD and or another tall
(And I really want another great mid…)

Edit: I should contextualise
I wonder if they thought these players would re-sign w their clubs or thought it was a midfielder draft so they could grab a tall late

Last edited:
6 of them are at Carlton

On SM-N975F using BigFooty.com mobile app
Yeah between Cripps, Walsh, McKay, Curnow, De Koning and Weiteting I think that’s about right. It’s also why they’ll shed players over time such as Martin, Kennedy and Williams plus why a guy like Hollands was on such a nothing contract this year.

It’s not as if Adams was dropped for Ginnivan. He was injured in September….. for the second year running.

Heart and soul is just an emotive term that doesn’t mean too much at the end of the day. Not sure how much “heart and soul” (whatever that means) you can apply to a player who will retire a three club player.
Aware of his injury history.

I'm saying he's a player who pulled on the Collingwood jumper for 175 games, left nothing on the field and played with great courage. He was a vice captain and in our leadership group. He was awarded our best finals player in 2018 where he played in a grand final and was 2nd to Shuey for the Norm.

He played 31 games for GWS and 10 so far for Swans.

Is it an emotive term to call Bruzzy heart and soul?

I think we will be up against it for Logan McDonald. He looks really settled there, with a young nucleus that will challenge for the next 5-10 years. The only hope is that he Collingwood roots are as a deep as all of us here on big footy.

Finn Callaghan is the guy who I would be going all in on as that midfield target.21 years old, powerful, big hybrid midfielder. It would be a special combination with Nick over the next 10 years. Finn is a Melbourne boy and would be a realistic target to bring him home.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I think we will be up against it for Logan McDonald. He looks really settled there, with a young nucleus that will challenge for the next 5-10 years. The only hope is that he Collingwood roots are as a deep as all of us here on big footy.

Logan won't leave the Swans

Yeah, recruiting teams are usually good at knowing whats coming through and whats needed for the draft and what you are willing to use at the trade table.
And with the able to use picks for multiple years, it'll give more options to play at.
History has shown that it will provide more options to make the current President/Board seek succeed and risk the club going into receivership, when the ‘chickens come home to roost’.

Future draft picks will be worth more, in relative terms, as we aren’t rising up the ladder.

Remove this Banner Ad

List Mgmt. Collingwood Trade and FA

Remove this Banner Ad

Back