List Mgmt. Collingwood Trade and FA

Remove this Banner Ad

You think that a guy who just signed a long term deal and preached about loyalty, and the captain of West Coast are obtainable? That’s cute.
Our own Vice Captain just left a premiership team... remember him?
I could be wrong, but I think Danger and Judd were VCs when he was traded.
It's not unprecedented

If you think contracts mean anything... that's what's cute

I'd rather play him out of the goal square for 5 years than trade him.

In his last game in round 10 he kicked 2.2 against the Crows with a torn abdominal muscle.
Like I said, when we end up keeping him, I'll still be happy.
But what's wrong with considering what he could get if he was to be traded...?

It's not unprecedented
No way we would ever consider trading De Goey.
Need to be realistic with trade speculation

No it hasn’t.
De Goey is signed up until the end of 2027. Zero chance the club would consider a trade.
Contracts aren't worth what they're written on.

Listen, all I said was consider his trade value... I am not speculating that we're trading him. I'm not even sold that I would want to trade him.

I don't know how else I can put it simply. As a business owner and share trader, I know that market values change all the time, and performance always changes. And like it or not, football is a business, and considering the value of your assets should be a must.

Listen, all I said was consider his trade value... I am not speculating that we're trading him. I'm not even sold that I would want to trade him.

I don't know how else I can put it simply. As a business owner and share trader, I know that market values change all the time, and performance always changes. And like it or not, football is a business, and considering the value of your assets should be a must.
No point considering trade value when the trade has no chance of happening.

One day the Afl may become (some might say it is inevitable) like other sports where players trade teams willy nilly. As unpalatable as it may sound though, I can’t help but wonder whether the club has these types of discussions in the inner sanctum

(Log in to remove this ad.)

It's not unprecedented

DeGoey is twice the player Adams ever was.
A genuine match winner.

It's not unprecedented
All those players had pretty significant reasons for leaving. Family and bitterness over not being given the best chance to play a grand final etc. what are Larkeys and Allen’s reasons? One seems extremely happy and excited to build the club where he is and the other is a native WA boy who barracked for the team he now captains. Stop dreaming.
You completely missed the point of mentioning Larkeys contract, unsurprisingly.

Ironically, the 90% number is probably around the mark!!!

So I take umbrage to it being a silly generalisation :)
I meant it’s got nothing to do with De Goey.

All those players had pretty significant reasons for leaving. Family and bitterness over not being given the best chance to play a grand final etc. what are Larkeys and Allen’s reasons? One seems extremely happy and excited to build the club where he is and the other is a native WA boy who barracked for the team he now captains. Stop dreaming.

You completely missed the point of mentioning Larkeys contract, unsurprisingly.

unsurprisingly you're still missing the point of my original statement.

If you can't understand what I've been trying to say, I'm just going to stop wasting my time.

It's got everything to do with your comment I replied to
Mate, bringing up De Goey as a trade possibility is pointless.
If you want to keep going then have fun.

Don’t think anyone disagrees with the premise here.

Just that where we are right now, actively choosing to trade out one of our top 3 players just to take speculative players/picks isn’t what we should be doing.

Retaining talent and finding FA /mid range players is where we should focus.

You’re bottom 6 in any side are usually the difference over the course a game and season. It’s rarely the top 3.

Plenty of Pie supporters wondered where Adams would fit in at Swans too. I'd say he was particularly lucky both Parker & Mills were injured/suspended, which has allowed him this time to make his claim on that midfield spot.
Be a real had luck story for Tay to miss out last year and then potentially have a JFN type experience up there...

On SM-A556E using BigFooty.com mobile app

Remove this Banner Ad

List Mgmt. Collingwood Trade and FA

Remove this Banner Ad

Back