List Mgmt. COLLINGWOOD Trade & FA 2024

Remove this Banner Ad

agree with no spin, too small and injured. Don’t want another midget mid. Rozee on the other hand
If Butters was too small for anything he wouldn’t have taken out the Coaches POTY last year. He’s also played 49 games in a row and counting. He’s a much better player than Rozee

You are quite correct, given the quality players nearing retirement. We need to identify players that are worth more to the ‘receiving’ club, than to Collingwood.
I'm open to the Pies putting most of our list up for trade if it means getting quality in to help us remain at the top.
Only the Daicos's, Hill, Maynard and Moore for me are untouchable.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Looks like Keane is going to thumb his nose at us. Another opportunity lost, albeit one that should have been seized upon a couple of years ago (or earlier).

How do u know next year will be poor? IIRC all BF was saying (last year) that 2024 drft will be poor and shallow .. and now?
It changes very quickly when the year comes. This year was supposed to be a mid draft, but now key position players have risen.

You just never know. Lets wait til mid year 2025 to see what next years pool looks like. But agree, 2024 they are now saying has more depth than most years.
You can have players outside the top 50 that would be inside the top 30 most drafts.

Given Beau's from SA, I can understand why his name is being thrown up, although we have a number of other SA players on the list.

Do Port need his type, or would they benefit from someone else? Rumours are circulating around Houston which, if he were to leave, would create a hole in their backline. Would Noble be an option as someone who offers them some run out of the backline?

I'd be loathe to lose Beau, even if it were for someone like Butters, as his skillset is quite unique in our team. If Port were to ask for a small forward, Harrison may be another alternative.

In any scenario, we're almost certainly giving up draft picks; before committing I'd look to close the loop on LDU, as he wouldn't cost a draft pick and would allow us to keep assets like Beau and Harrison.

So we give up Beau and get Butters. Wowsers. Make that happen.

In terms of negotiations our main advantage is surely with a club like Kangaroos. Give us Sheezel for say a first rounder and a player. You can then have the takings from our fixture for the next 5 years.

That was an example but that's the strategy I would be going with.

So we give up Beau and get Butters. Wowsers. Make that happen.

In terms of negotiations our main advantage is surely with a club like Kangaroos. Give us Sheezel for say a first rounder and a player. You can then have the takings from our fixture for the next 5 years.

That was an example but that's the strategy I would be going with.
It's hardly a straight swap between Beau and Butters, nor has anyone suggested it is.

Sheezel is unlikely to be on the table to any club while contracted, much like Naicos for us.

Financial incentives are unlikely to be of any consequence when the AFL distributes revenue according to their perceived need across the competition.

It's hardly a straight swap between Beau and Butters, nor has anyone suggested it is.

Sheezel is unlikely to be on the table to any club while contracted, much like Naicos for us.

Financial incentives are unlikely to be of any consequence when the AFL distributes revenue according to their perceived need across the competition.

There is a big difference in the situation of Nick Daicos and Sheezel.

Nick Daicos chose to play for Collingwood and has a long history with the club. Sheezel has no such affiliation with the Roos and ended up their not through his own valition. It could well be that he is happy there but wow if we can't even tempt someone away from the kangaroos well maybe we just call it a day and don't bother anymore.

Remove this Banner Ad

List Mgmt. COLLINGWOOD Trade & FA 2024

Remove this Banner Ad

Back