List Mgmt. Collingwood Trade Talk 2015

What Trade Happens 1st

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.

This talk of Sidebottom being traded literally makes me sick.

If not for his injury early in the season, he'd likely win the Copeland.

Untouchable.
(Read the first post- it was just putting out the pros and cons for discussion)

But yeah, he seems like the type of character it's better to keep (even if I don't rate him as highly as others)

Can we please stop this talk about Sidebottom being traded? Geez guys. We're trolling our own trade talk thread here, and doing a better job than some of our 'visiting' posters.:rolleyes:
Chinese whispers rule!
Begins as a 'pie in the sky' hypothetical & 3 pages later he's definitely gone...
Gotta love it.

Sumner is a dud, interested to see if Lamb could maybe be developed as a small forward? Knightmare any info on Jed Lamb?

Lamb is a handy small-medium forward. Able but not suited at this point to playing through the midfield. Excellent user of the footy with that his point of difference - to target and on goal. Good but not a freak overhead and same story at ground level. Athletically again good but not great - nothing freakish. From a pressure perspective able but below average by AFL standard.

The major thing for Lamb has been a lack of opportunities at Sydney and GWS, and that happens on such talented and deep lists.

Lamb should look to model himself on something like a Luke Breust, and plausibly he could be a poor man's Breust. Or he could just remain a state leaguer.

Given the uncertainty with Lamb mostly due to lack of senior opportunity and playing at a lower level competition in the NEAFL the assessment is unclear as to whether he would become a best 22 player or not.

Lamb I see as a probable fringe player where he may, but probably won't be inside our best 22 if we were to pick him up. Given that uncertainty regarding his best 22 relevant, I would not personally make an offer for Lamb as he neither offers a completely unique element to our front half, nor looms as a certain best 22 and certainly not a best 15 player which is what I would be wanting from a trade.

Doesnt want to go interstate
According to media reports I guess?
I assume he wants to stay at Collingwood.
We shall see. The Kruezer interest has to be 100% based on trading Witts...yes.
So the club are considering trading him...but it's up to him if & where.
Many twist & turns to come over the next few weeks.

I still reckon we're after Sam Reid, what would we give Swans for him?
Seedsman straight swap. Malceski gone, Rhyce about to retire, Jetta on the way out. They need someone like Seeds either on half back or the wing, and they'll back their culture to get the best out of him.

North wants to offer their second rounder for Seeds presumably and a second rounder ~25-30 is what I believe Reid's worth should be, so it checks out. Though it's probably unlikely Sydney would accept that.

What are your thoughts on Tom Bugg, Knightmare? :)

Bugg I've generally been disappointed by from an improvement perspective given the quality of his first season. His game is at a level where it is suitable for AFL play but not of a standard that I'd necessarily want him on our list. Bugg is a good negating midfielder/defender, but with our depth of midfielders who can play a negating role in Greenwood/Crisp/Macaffer and a back half filled with players who are strong negating types/stoppers there is no need in our situation for Bugg.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

This talk of Sidebottom being traded literally makes me sick.

If not for his injury early in the season, he'd likely win the Copeland.

Untouchable.
Downhill skiier and totally unaccountable.... That said, you need blokes like Sidey in premiership teams.

Haha, Treloar is better than Sidebottom.

ha ha your wrong treloar does not play the same type of game that sydney does

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back