List Mgmt. Collingwood Trade Talk 2016 part 2 - see Mod Warning p 281

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.

This is where I get confused... on one hand we have people on here who want the Pies to bring in talented players and get angry at the idea of older (cheaper?) players. On the other hand, people don't want to trade out anyone with any real currency.

Blair + Goldsack + <insert other fringe players> dont gain us anything in a trade.

It is one thing to get older players it's another to ship off all our own older players and then say we are going for youth then backflip and get older dicards. Way to build some team spirit !

He'd want to leave North because they are about to go into full rebuild mode so he won't get near finals for the rest of his career.

Have you noticed how we are tracking ? It's not as if Wells is going to play in finals with us as we won't be there for a while yet

It is one thing to get older players it's another to ship off all our own older players and then say we are going for youth then backflip and get older dicards. Way to build some team spirit !

Cloke is the only one we've said is going out and his efforts this year do all the explaining.

The players we're bringing in are all UFA so they cost nothing but wage and also are short term.

With Cloke going I hope we keep Brown as insurance. And Goldsack. Witts may help us go into the later part of the 1st round or higher with some ingenuity.

Cloke is the only one we've said is going out and his efforts this year do all the explaining.

The players we're bringing in are all UFA so they cost nothing but wage and also are short term.

With Cloke going I hope we keep Brown as insurance. And Goldsack. Witts may help us go into the later part of the 1st round or higher with some ingenuity.
I'm wondering if the reported interest in Mayne is linked to Goldsack wanting out, which was rumored in recent weeks.
Not suggesting it would be an exact replacement but somewhat similar players.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I'm wondering if the reported interest in Mayne is linked to Goldsack wanting out, which was rumored in recent weeks.

There's about a billion rumours which can't all be true. Which is why I stated the other night we should have a scoreboard about who gets things right on the trade front over time because inevitably every daft rumour functions here and serves to set people off on crazy tangents and disgusting and exagerated comparisons

There's about a billion rumours which can't all be true. Which is why I stated the other night we should have a scoreboard about who gets things right on the trade front over time because inevitably every daft rumour functions here and serves to set people off on crazy tangents and disgusting and exagerated comparisons
Some of the rants and melts have been very wearing already...

Some of the rants and melts have been very wearing already...

It's really exhausting and an absolute trap. People end up exaggerating the strengths and weaknesses of players based on trade suggestions which may not even be true, in fact of which most probably wont be.

But human beings, stubborn as they are, refuse to relent on their positions and then have a stake in elevating or degrading various players into the future.

If Wells gets injured every 3 weeks playing for North, imagine how much he'll get injured playing for us. Shame, because he's a wonderful player. If you remember our game against North 8 weeks ago, he tore us to shreds

If Wells gets injured every 3 weeks playing for North, imagine how much he'll get injured playing for us. Shame, because he's a wonderful player. If you remember our game against North 8 weeks ago, he tore us to shreds

Are we going to give this hoary and lazy old business a rest? Pretty sure our injury list in 2016 is a lot of hangover, a bit of impact and f*ck all soft tissue. Wells played 19 games this season, clearly not 2/3 of the season as you suggest.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back