List Mgmt. Collingwood Trade Talk 2016 part 2 - see Mod Warning p 281

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
I think none of these guys would get games in our best 22 - so they were traded out appropriately.

It likely Buckley won't pick them becuase he has nfi but they would be best 22 for us considering they're best 22 for better teams.

Sadly Beams will not get back to his best with his injuries.

He's had injuries before and bounced back and doesn't rely on pace. If he doesn't get back to his best he'll only be marginally away.

Worth more to us than what we will get from the Dogs. Say Moore does another hammy next year? What key forwards can we bring in? Cox is unproven which leaves Jesse White as the main focal point.....
I heard third round but that happened to be crap because the Bulldogs don't have one.
Stress all you like after the deal is revealed, anything before then is you just just having a crack without out much to back it up.

Hate to say it cause I hate the scum with passion but if Weitering Plowman Curnow McKay Marchbank reach there potential.i think within 3 years they will have the best big key position players in the league.

Nonsense. Go back and look at how people rated his games early on
Posters have out against Cloke I don't care what they think anymore. Their hatred for the man will always cloud their judgement. He's been a scapegoat of the board and Buckley has run with it.

Fallen of the cliff lol, he's best 22 for a side that has been making finals and made the grand final last year.

Lumumba pre concussion was best 22 for a side better than ours and would give us much needed run and carry.

Wellingham went from being an at times devastating outside mid to a wet lettuce half-back who gets games out of requirement. His final against the Dogs was embarrassing and typified where he's at as a player. Saying that any player in any team above us on the ladder is an automatic lock in our best 22 is a stupid rationale.

Lumumba is just an older version of Maynard or Williams who both dash off the half-back and blindly bomb into the F50. To have gotten Varcoe for him was an absolute piece of thievery.

Laughable to think we didn't do well out of both of those trades.

Wellingham went from being an at times devastating outside mid to a wet lettuce half-back who gets games out of requirement. His final against the Dogs was embarrassing and typified where he's at as a player. Saying that any player in any team above us on the ladder is an automatic lock in our best 22 is a stupid rationale.

Lumumba is just an older version of Maynard or Williams who both dash off the half-back and blindly bomb into the F50. To have gotten Varcoe for him was an absolute piece of thievery.

Laughable to think we didn't do well out of both of those trades.

This typifies the defender he's been.

As for Lumumba, Maynard was shit for the first half of the year. I would have rather Lumumba play for the first half of the year and Maynard force his way into the side at the expense of someone than just been given games because we have no other options.

Its not a case of wanting back. It seems we keep destroying players confidence and trade them for jack shit. Cloke is better than what hes shown throughout the year.

The Cloke trade isn't done yet. Early reports sound like we are going to give him up cheaply, but I'll believe it when I see it.

So far we have more than maximised every trade we have made.

It's a different question altogether whether we should've worked harder to keep the guys that left. That's an argument that will probably never be resolved.

However, in terms of the trades we made, I think we've won every one comfortably. Even to allowing Daisy Thomas to walk as a FA an manipulating a pick 6 out of it.

As for Lumumba, Maynard was shit for the first half of the year. I would have rather Lumumba play for the first half of the year and Maynard force his way into the side at the expense of someone than just been given games because we have no other options.

Well I guess because he laid a big hit on Hodgey he's a walk up start. Let's send Grundy back to the draft and grab Wellers back then. Just don't see how anyone can reckon we didn't do well out of letting these guys go.

I refuse to believe you deadset would rather play Lumumba ahead of Maynard, there is absolutely no upside to old mate Harry L these days.

Well I guess because he laid a big hit on Hodgey he's a walk up start. Let's send Grundy back to the draft and grab Wellers back then. Just don't see how anyone can reckon we didn't do well out of letting these guys go.

I refuse to believe you deadset would rather play Lumumba ahead of Maynard, there is absolutely no upside to old mate Harry L these days.

I had a good laugh. Maynard would have Lumumba for breakfast.

In relation to the trade though, getting Varcoe for Lumumba was one of the greatest steals of all time. Mitch Clark was the other part of that trade and has been a disaster as well.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

We had the next pick after the Wellers pick and west coast wouldn't have picked up another ruckman.

Given how shit Maynard was the first half of the year I would have played a traffic cone ahead of him. It would have then been up to Maynard to force his way into the side then perhaps he and Lumumba could play in the same side.

One bump in a Grand Final? lol clutching at straws.

We had the next pick after the Wellers pick and west coast wouldn't have picked up another ruckman.

Given how shit Maynard was the first half of the year I would have played a traffic cone ahead of him. It would have then been up to Maynard to force his way into the side then perhaps he and Lumumba could play in the same side.
Lumumba is the biggest ******* to ever grace the club. He was a massive dud after 2013

Poor old Darcy Moore. Will have to take the best defender it seems but will smash it I think. We sure do make it difficult for ourselves.

Lol @ virtually giving Cloke away. The brain dead administrators at he club strike again. Do these blokes actually get paid for making decisions like this? I guess Buckley wants him gone no matter what. So our forward line will be Moore and Cox?

Edit: and White in forward line.........
We will get smashed against Cloke Crameri Stringer Boyd. Who is going to play on all them?

Fallen of the cliff lol, he's best 22 for a side that has been making finals and made the grand final last year.

Lumumba pre concussion was best 22 for a side better than ours and would give us much needed run and carry.

You'd take Wellingham and Lumumba over Varcoe and Grundy? Shine on you crazy diamond.

Scapegoat? How so?

Gets dropped just so we can use players aren't performing excuse and inexperience when the reality is Buckley hasn't gotten the best out of him.

Slamming Cloke's performances is hardly indicative of hatred.
It is when they even that bad. He was even slammed on his good performances.

Do you hate Buckley?

I strongly dislike him as a coach.

We will get smashed against Cloke Crameri Stringer Boyd. Who is going to play on all them?
Cloke will run himself around in circles, confuse the hell out of anyone else in their forward half, take a mark in the square and promptly thread a point. What are you worried about?

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back