List Mgmt. Collingwood Trade Talk 2016 part 2 - see Mod Warning p 281

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
How do you guys feel about the Pies going for Wells & Mayne?

From an outsiders perspective it makes no sense to me...you already have a bunch of young talented kids so not quite sure how/why those two elder players fit in. Do you think you a close to a flag? Love to hear your thoughts. Cheers.

From an outsiders perspective it makes no sense to me...you already have a bunch of young talented kids so not quite sure how/why those two elder players fit in. Do you think you a close to a flag? Love to hear your thoughts. Cheers.
Wells is a great IMO. We need more players that can kick and we need more players with leg speed, he's got both. Mayne on the other hand can gagf.

Wells is a great IMO. We need more players that can kick and we need more players with leg speed, he's got both. Mayne on the other hand can gagf.

So Mayne will get Booes by hos Own Fans?

Everyoneis not that far off these days. Except for Brisbane

So Mayne will get Booes by hos Own Fans?
I doubt he'll hear me from Canberra:p

If he puts on the black and white I'll support and hope he goes well, I'm just not expecting him to. I don't boo Collingwood players. Or many players for that matter. You'd have to be a real flog to get a boo from me.

Wells has a touch of class that we lack and with a good run with his body I'm looking forward to seeing his contribution (pending trade). I'm not fully behind Mayne at this stage but if he gets to us, he's one of us and I give him all the support he deserves wearing B&W. I can see why they are keen to bring him in but will reserve judgement until about round 6-7.

I doubt he'll hear me from Canberra:p

If he puts on the black and white I'll support and hope he goes well, I'm just not expecting him to. I don't boo Collingwood players. Or many players for that matter. You'd have to be a real flog to get a boo from me.
Responded to your post before I read this one, think we are on the same page, good luck to him if he gets to us. Looks likely.

I don't think we're topping up for a flag with these guys. We actually are very light on for older senior players. I think Pendles is currently our oldest player. They also play in areas of the ground that Dekka Hine identified as need areas on our list. If these guys are being targeted, that would be the motivation I believe. To give our list better balance in our age profile, and fill need areas while younger players come through.

Think Henderson could be good simply just to add an experienced head in that back 6:

Maynard - Brown - Ramsay
Henderson - Reid - Howe

Int: Shaz

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back