Collingwood v Adelaide, Round 18 @ MCG

Remove this Banner Ad

I thought Sydney leap-frogged Collingwood as the most hate-able club. I'm no fan of Eddie but at least the Pies didn't need to buy their premierships.

Are you saying the Swans bought premierships?

I don't recall them paying anything for all those draft and salary cap advantages the AFL handed to them, in fact the AFL paid the COLA for them remember.

You need to get your facts straight before posting mate!!!:mad:;)

Are you saying the Swans bought premierships?

I don't recall them paying anything for all those draft and salary cap advantages the AFL handed to them, in fact the AFL paid the COLA for them remember.

You need to get your facts straight before posting mate!!!:mad:;)

Haha fair point.

Bloods culture is really just another word for money. Sydney is a city which despises football and the ones that actually do watch are the epitome of fair weather supporters. They make even port supporters look loyal in comparison.

The AFL is shit-scared of what will happen to football in NSW, if the Swans start losing. Bloods culture is capitalist culture.

10530675_514646398681864_8040637904756257165_n.jpg

Is Tex carrying anything at all? Don't get me wrong, he did some good things today but seemed slow on the lead and worked out of it a bit easily at times, particularly that third quarter. He seemed to be going at about 70% prior to those last quarter efforts.

Is Tex carrying anything at all? Don't get me wrong, he did some good things today but seemed slow on the lead and worked out of it a bit easily at times, particularly that third quarter. He seemed to be going at about 70% prior to those last quarter efforts.

He's carrying a knee reconstruction.

Coming back from pretty much the worst type of injury in football. He was never that quick, even when he was unstoppable.

Besides, the delivery from the midfield was diabolical at times today. Did you notice how dominant Walker became when the congestion cleared and our mids started hitting their targets?

Honestly the Crows midfield is full of players who can win the ball, but lack ability using it properly. Aside from the ridiculous overuse of handball, it's our biggest defect.

Haha fair point.

Bloods culture is really just another word for money. Sydney is a city which despises football and the ones that actually do watch are the epitome of fair weather supporters. They make even port supporters look loyal in comparison.

The AFL is shit-scared of what will happen to football in NSW, if the Swans start losing. Bloods culture is capitalist culture.
Are you saying the afl is the reason of Sydney's success?

Gill Mac has given the crows a good draw four five years now, is he the reason you guys are doing well?

A 'team for ALL souf Aussies' dude talking about culture, **** me.

Gill Mac has given the crows a good draw four five years now, is he the reason you guys are doing well?

Inclusivity is still better than that "Us vs them" bullshit your club likes to pander. Seriously how can a welfare side like Port really try to play that card?

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Coming back from pretty much the worst type of injury in football. He was never that quick, even when he was unstoppable.

Besides, the delivery from the midfield was diabolical at times today. Did you notice how dominant Walker became when the congestion cleared and our mids started hitting their targets?

Honestly the Crows midfield is full of players who can win the ball, but lack ability using it properly. Aside from the ridiculous overuse of handball, it's our biggest defect.

I agree about the delivery and for sure I understand his injury was a horrific footy injury.

I'm just saying that by his own standards that he's shown this year, he struggled a bit with getting that separation on his opponents today. Not criticising him here, was just curious if it was anything specific or just generally related to his coming back from injury.

I agree about the delivery and for sure I understand his injury was a horrific footy injury.

I'm just saying that by his own standards that he's shown this year, he struggled a bit with getting that separation on his opponents today. Not criticising him here, was just curious if it was anything specific or just generally related to his coming back from injury.

In 2012, at his best, Walker was taking contested grabs. Often his opponents could match him for speed but couldn't beat him regardless. I still think he's six months away from having that sort of contested ability.

Also at his best, he's a monster kick outside 50m and we've seen none of that this season. This tells me he's either lacking strength in his right foot or just hasn't got his skills back to those levels.

In 2012, at his best, Walker was taking contested grabs. Often his opponents could match him for speed but couldn't beat him regardless. I still think he's six months away from having that sort of contested ability.

Also at his best, he's a monster kick outside 50m and we've seen none of that this season. This tells me he's either lacking strength in his right foot or just hasn't got his skills back to those levels.

That's true and it's a testament to his skill, strength and timing. Even the commentators said he looked noticeably slower today though but if it's all just part of the long road to getting back to his best then that's all good.

Tex has said he is underdone. Needs a full preseason.

This is also an important aspect. Probably my favourite non-Dees player tbh so hopefully he doesn't sustain another setback like that again.

He said recently he has realised the importance of a pre season and then he lost the regular season training also for a while..
Has been carrying many sore spots the club have said, just need to let him become acclimatised to AFL footy again..
Sounds like as the year has gone on, it's becoming a bit of a grind..

As they say with an ACL, you need another year after you come back..
His was also worse than a normal ACL, tore another ligament and did damage to the lateral corner of the knee..

lol soft draws - will be when we see you in the showdown final!

PS. Can see Wingard's lip quivering in anticipation of the slaughter...

Remove this Banner Ad

Collingwood v Adelaide, Round 18 @ MCG

Remove this Banner Ad

Back