Opinion Commentary & Media VII

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Balme might be a great football person but the tactics he employed against Carey were aimed at bringing him to ground in every marking contest and ensuring someone landed on top of him. Then in a post match interview he concluded that his team got lucky when "Carey injured himself". I can't abide Balme after that.

And the umpires didn't stop the game even when Carey was on a stretcher. He actually got a possession when he was being carried off the ground.

Hopefully, that is in context or I'm done for.
Was it saints scum that were knocking into Corey’s busted shoulder as he was running off field? That is a low act…

I’m over Healy…the l’ll sit on the fence and disagree with what is blatantly a missed 50 every day of the week.
Just cut off his microphone ….

Unsurprising level of dour, boring conservatism from Gerard. God, I think prefer Kane (vomit) as at least he has his own opinions and doesn’t blindly follow the status quo.

Just a completely negative w***er. Patently unlikable.

Quiet funny though …as pointed out here on this board that willphils game time was higher than a few others…that he was spent…( maybe could’ve gone halfway through final term) yet these 3 experts🤣🤣🤣🤦‍♂️ Just fishing for the negative and missing the analysis.
Yep this is how you get a paid gig in the afl… muppets.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

My hope is someone at the club is keeping track of all his past digs…and when we do make it to the promised land that his barred from getting anywhere near the team. …permanently

Like I said last week when this was posted…

IMG_7460.jpeg

He jumps straight back on.

I hope not.

I hope he turns up at Arden St for No 5 and we get the chance to remind him.

game of thrones shame GIF

I suspect you’re spot on here.

All of us present at the ground could see the central field umpire was delaying the next centre bounce for an eternity as replay after replay honed in on the kick by Crisp and subsequent touch by Scott.

We could see Scott’s fingers bend backwards as the ball passed on the bloody screen inside the stadium at the time and I think we all presumed the players would shortly be returning to a kick out setup.

Then BANG, the prick bounced it and on we went.

As Robbo would say “I was flaggerbasted!”
Even my father in law who's in his late 80s could see it and commented on the long delay, but we were scratching our heads wondering why the "score review protocols" weren't underway with the ARC crap on the scoreboard etc.

This was possibly the most bizarrely umpired match in the history of the sport (at top level). There were so many unusual or "odd" events that even the conspiracy theorists are beginning to check themselves. I don't think this game passes the sniff test myself - I might have mentioned a couple of concerns here and there in the autopsy thread.

But before we were dragged down, how bloody good was North?

Even my father in law who's in his late 80s could see it and commented on the long delay, but we were scratching our heads wondering why the "score review protocols" weren't underway with the ARC crap on the scoreboard etc.

This was possibly the most bizarrely umpired match in the history of the sport (at top level). There were so many unusual or "odd" events that even the conspiracy theorists are beginning to check themselves. I don't think this game passes the sniff test myself - I might have mentioned a couple of concerns here and there in the autopsy thread.

But before we were dragged down, how bloody good was North?

They only do the ARC score review on the scoreboard if the field umpire calls for a review. They insist that a review happens for every goal but clearly they don't spend the same amount of time on it and they don't show the decision unless there's an overrule.

They only do the ARC score review on the scoreboard if the field umpire calls for a review. They insist that a review happens for every goal but clearly they don't spend the same amount of time on it and they don't show the decision unless there's an overrule.
Exactly. We were like, "what's going on - that's touched. Where's the score review?"

It was a long delay and like TToes, we were perplexed. We were certainly flabbergasted by the advantage as the free to Sheez happened right in front of us.

At the KB game Melbourne kicked a goal, the ball went back to the middle, and the umpire just stood holding it while the review was completed and confirmed that it was a behind (based on a basically identical view of fingers being brushedj.

It's not the public addressing of calls that's the problem Laura, it's the fact that your team reviews them and then publishes an incorrect interpretation that even the dumbest footy fans can see is wrong.
They’re too deep in it. The simplistic response from the AFL has been rightfully explained a thousand times on here. They are damaging their brand by doing this. Put ya hand up, ya ****ed up.

And hows Bard comments in that article? **** off campaigner. Visitor, not a shinboner. Kingy was right

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back