Opinion Commentary & Media VIII

Remove this Banner Ad

Didn't someone here post about their experience with him as a player and how much he lamented having to stop and "sign s%&t for the f#u*ing fans" at training sessions?

He's never been the warmest person and I don't know if he has changed while coaching or been super big with the young supporters but making young kids feel welcome in the way Clarko does is certainly crucial especially at this point in time.
I shook hands with him at the Syd Barker in 09, was very approachable.

Well now I don’t know what to believe!
My brother, who was a big North supporter, played pool and had a few beers with Simmo and his friends many years ago at a pub in Beechworth. He thought Simmo was a pretty normal sort of bloke, not up himself or anything.
Everything was friendly and relaxed until my brother turned to Simmo and asked “so Adam, what do you do for a living?”
Simmo was the Captain of North at the time.
My brother may have been on a bit of a bender before asking the question.

My brother, who was a big North supporter, played pool and had a few beers with Simmo and his friends many years ago at a pub in Beechworth. He thought Simmo was a pretty normal sort of bloke, not up himself or anything.
Everything was friendly and relaxed until my brother turned to Simmo and asked “so Adam, what do you do for a living?”
Simmo was the Captain of North at the time.
My brother may have been on a bit of a bender before asking the question.
Haha, and what was the response?!

Haha, and what was the response?!
After I stopped killing myself laughing as my brother told me the story, I remember him saying there was an awkward silence broken by one of Simmo’s friends muttering something like ‘for ****s sake’. But then things were ok as they realised it was an innocent but beer driven mistake.

Remove this Banner Ad

Opinion Commentary & Media VIII

Remove this Banner Ad

Back