Event Congratulation omgfridge on 100 games!

Remove this Banner Ad

The Fighting Furies are proud to announce that one of our utter superstars in omgfridge is playing his 100th game this week!

Fridge started with the Gumbies in S30, playing 56 games in his three seasons at the House of Gumby, before joining the Royals at the Golden Throne for 17 games in S33. He then moved to take up a LG position at the Hippodrome, where he has played 26 games and has become a key player in our rebuild and perpetual quest for the spoon.

During his 99 games, Fridge has booted 25 goals, 15 behinds, had 770 kicks, dished the qooty off by hand 699 times, hauled in 338 marks, and has gotten up close and personal with a loving caress assessed as a tackle on 213 occasions. Fridge's win-loss ration currently stands at 50 wins, 1 draw, and 48 losses.

Yet the mark of a Qooty player lies beyond mere statistics; it is more appropriately judged on the impact made upon teammates and opponents. And the words of those who have spent time with omgfridge over his six seasons in the competition provide a telling insight into the great man.

First up, GWS Goose had these words:

I think I remember the fridge. Borderline alcoholic who used to and/or will play with the Gumbies in future, if that is him, I remember him and if need be am prepared to testify that he probably did whatever he is accused of

Tonga Bob went to his loving, reminiscing best:

The man bought me a beer so I cannot say a bad word about him. And he does have good taste in beer for a chardonnay drinker.

FuKoVKQXwAATR_y

Hold the fort! He put it on his company card, so he didn't actually pay for it. F*ck that guy.

natural disaster and I may have encouraged film and craft beer references to describe the Fridge, with Barrybran philosophically stating:

Encouraged? Good luck doing this without them.

But after a further pause for deep thought, Barrybran followed up with a flattering comparison to one of our favourites:

Anyway, Fridge. He goes alright off a half back flank. Did you know omgfridge has more All-SFA jumpers than @GWS Goose?

The Filth Wizard kept things on track beautifully:

My favourite memory of Fridgy is the match thread evening where he, Ulahoopski and I all bought bluray copies of Bride Of Reanimator and Beyond Reanimator which reminds me I need to buy Reanimator.

Riviat posted this with a tear in the eye:

All I remember about Fridgey is that he is a traitorous Lech after leaving the Gumbies after we taught him everything he knows. I'm the best ex Qootier team mate he ever had.

Congrats on reaching the big 100. May there be 100 more

Lingua Ignota highlighted the early influences on Fridge's Qooty career:

Also I made fridgy what he is.

PMBangers waxed lyrical about his love for the great man:

I hate that guy and wish not to comment

However, gun to my head, if I absolutely had to say something, it'd simply be 'fridges are so inconvenient I'm not convinced it's worth having one, it's why I've never tried to recruit this one"

crazywildhorse wanted to discuss the impact Fridge has made on the Fighting Furies:

He has really found a home at the Furies. Not only are very tolerant of his Japanophilia, we enjoy it and the creative approach to sensuality that is tied to that.

Which encourages a bit of kink-shaming from first Tonga Bob:

Is that like the song Turning Japanese?

And then Barrybran:

I think crazywildhorse might be talking about Fridge's rope fetishes

maxresdefault.jpg

Thankfully serial_thrilla was on hand to keep it classy, while acknowledging Fridge's current environment:

Here's Belle Delphine in a fridge.
Happy 100th!
View attachment 1684064

NaturalDisaster remembered fondly:

My favourite moment was blocking his move to the Dragons.

Congrats on 100th game man

Though Brick Loosener certainly found a different side of Fridge than what we thought we knew:

Link to Fridge's OnlyFans for anyone interested in that sort of thing.

When I tried to get things back on track and asked for any final thoughts on Fridge, Tonga Bob thought very hard for a moment, before finishing with:

My initial post still stands.

The Sweet FA is for most qooty players a fun hobby where we escape the trials and tribulations of real life for a little while to engage in shit posting and general silliness. For those involved in running the competition, whether it be the Admin, in committee, or the club LGs, though, it can be a very time-consuming and demanding exercise, for which the only rewards are keeping your fellow players happy and laughing. As someone who was unexpectedly required to step up to the captaincy of my own club due to ...reasons..., I can't begin to describe the support I have had from my friends in the Fighting Furies LG. omgfridge has been absolutely brilliant in this regard, and is a genuine example of someone who is not only an asset to club and competition, but an overall amazing human being. We are fortunate to have him here, all of us.

Congrats on 100 games, Fridge, and here's to plenty more <3

Last edited:

I have love reacted all posts and can only assume everything that has been said has been nothing but warm glowing praise of the impact I've had on each of your lives.

Also James Colorado I was going to roast the shit out of you in a media thread if you forget so you win, this time.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Congratulations mate. You'll always be my favourite fridge! I'd like to be inside.. I mean put things inside you. Wow that still sounds dirty. Anyways, congrats!
You'll always be my favourite mid season pickup who left the furies to go to the royals!

Remove this Banner Ad

Event Congratulation omgfridge on 100 games!

Remove this Banner Ad

Back