Pantsless

Premiership Player
Jun 13, 2003
Auckland, New Zealand
AFL Club
Essendon
Other Teams
Storm, Arse, Victory
Congratulation to England. They have proven alot to many people, but I must congratulate them on their win. They have proven that they are the best rugby team on the planet.

Well done...b

Agreed. You could not find a more deserving World Cup winner.

Just got back from the pub, there are some very happy people over here. You get the feeling that the win means so much to the nation, they almost can't believe that England has one a World Cup. Good on 'em, we'll just have to go one better next time.

Moomba

WOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!!!!!!!
Just got home from the pub. Some fellow English supporters were in tears. This meant so much to England and have now got it :D

They may have been the best team but they are cheats!!!!

Television pictures caught Martin Johnstone speaking to Woodward. He was shown speakinginto a 'waterbottle' that held a hidden receiver/transmiterand the pictures cut straight to Woodward who could be seen mouthing something to the window in front. A deliberate and premeditated breach of the rules.
They are champions without honour which is a pity as they did not need to do it.

Originally posted by coyler

Television pictures caught Martin Johnstone speaking to Woodward. He was shown speakinginto a 'waterbottle' that held a hidden receiver/transmiterand the pictures cut straight to Woodward who could be seen mouthing something to the window in front. A deliberate and premeditated breach of the rules.
They are champions without honour which is a pity as they did not need to do it.

Stop your whining, it's embarrassing. WE were beaten by the best team in the world, who played better than we did on the day.

Moomba

Congratulations England and all the English fans out here for making the world cup and last night in particular such a fantastic event.

England deserved to win. They should have scored another try but Kay (I think) dropped it over the line in the first half. A lot of credit has to go to the Wallabies for their performance in the 2nd half. England had a lot of good field possession and the Wallabies kept their discipline and waited for the mistakes and kept them scoreless and pushed it to extra time. Wilkinson showed his class in the end. The drop goal under so much pressure was fantastic, but I think that first penalty in extra time that he kicked from such a hard position was exceptional.

The game was magnificent though. I'm gutted that we lost but both teams have to be commended for playing the game so positively and trying to score tries and make breaks in horrendous conditions.

Rugby was most definately a winner last night.

Again, well done England.

England the better team, congrats to them....

...but how proud we al must feel to be Australian. Once again, 14-5 down, looking down the barrel...and the great Australian spirit kicks through. Never gave up...gave in, but kept fighting their guts out for their country. Well done Wallabies, done us all very very proud.

Wow what a match! Thrilling right to the end!

Congrats England for showing us that you are deserved winners.

The game has so many twists and turns, and it was anybodies game right to the end. Rugby was a winner last night.

The wallabies fought back so well in the second half. Flatley's leveller on the 80min was delivered with composure and percision and sent everybody nuts.

Great game, only can be one winner. It was England, but they deserved it.

What a fantastic world cup it was!

Excellent game. Congratulations England you are definitely deserved World Champions and were the best team on the night.
Great comeback from the Wallabies, they never gave up and added to the wonderful ending, the have a lot to proud of.

As everyone has said rugby was definitely the winner, hopefully this will help the game grow dramatically in the UK and I think it did a lot for rugby in Australia as well.

A fantastic final to end a great World Cup, I was lucky enough to attend three matches and I had an excellent time at all, some of the best atmospheres I've experienced.

Looking forward to France 2007.

hahaha you sad son of a bitch! However i'm not too concerned, i understand you're just upset over your teams pathetic showing in this year's cup. There are always losers who want to bring down the champs. Go find me some potatoes you leprechaun :D

It is either that or somebody spiked their drinks.

Congrats to England.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

There is no doubt England were the best team that is not my point. OK so cheating is now accepctable in Rugby Union. Prpofessionalism & Money wins. Honest poeple will just have to stick to Golf in future

coyler,
I saw the RTE commentators talking about that at half time. I thought it was a bit pathetic to be honest. Isn't the guy with the water hooked up to a microphone anyway? Why didn't they just relay messages through him??

Anyway, as much as it sickens me I have to say congratulations to England. They've been the best team in the world for a year or two now, and they fully deserve the win. I was bloody exhausted at the end of this game! I was twisting and turning everytime Australia attacked, trying to will them over the line! Every knock on just deflated me big time:(

Colin,

Address the issue.

Is deliberately breaking the rules cheating or not? If it is OK lets start teaching it at the mini rugby every Saturday/Sunday morning. If its OK for the world Champions its good enough for every body else

Originally posted by colin
coyler,
Anyway, as much as it sickens me I have to say congratulations to England. They've been the best team in the world for a year or two now, and they fully deserve the win. I

These are pretty much my thoughts as well. As much as I dislike the siege mentality of Clive Woodward, he runs his team like a machine, giving away far less penalties through sheer indiscipline than other teams.

To the Aussies, well see my post in the AFL Forum. It pretty sums up my thoughts on things.

JF

To all those who've congratulated England thank you I will accept the plaudits on Jonny's behalf.

As for you Colin the next time the British Lions are playing (in NZ in 2005) & an English player scores a try, kicks a goal or makes a sving tackle don't you dare cheer don't you bloody dare cos I'll hear ya, you know I will.:D

Originally posted by JF_Bay_22_SCG

I actually got into 2 fights that nights, as I reacted to taunts of "dirty convict" by the scum in white. There is something that sets me off off when a Pom says that this country is **** etc etc. I wasn't the only one struggling to cope with the loss, as the city became invaded with ****ers in white.

When I read this mate it didn't really surprise me to see that you got in a couple of fights because your posts over the last few weeks have shown an almost pathalogical hatred of the English.

Go back & read some of the comments with an open mind & you'll see, the stuff you say about the English says more about you & your attitude than it does about us as a nation.

I've read the comments of a number of other posters on here saying how they we're at the pub & had a great time with English supporters & how they don't begrudge us our victory because it clearly meant so much & yet you would begrudge us our very right to breathe the same air as you.

Some of the stuff you post would be blatant racism if it was written about virtually anyone but us.

The thing that I can't understand is that personally I've got a load of Aussie mates, I regularly meet Aussies out & about in London & often spend a while drinking & chatting to them, I love Australia, I like the national personality & spirit & through all this I've realised that we're so similar as people, the differences are so much fewer than the similarites.Most notably have the same humour, we both have a p1ss take culture but we both like to back the underdog as well so how is it that you manage to find so much to hate about us, so much that repulses you so much that is different?

Believe me the problem is far more yours than a problem for the English race.

Remove this Banner Ad

Congratulations to England!

Remove this Banner Ad

Back