Conners showed something today

Remove this Banner Ad

He's my crush. Everyone has a player who isn't that good or hasn't shown a lot but we still love them. I get the feeling Andy Collins might be TigerTroy's. I really hope he gets a few more games this year. Won't be dropped on that performance but his fitness is obviously still an issue. Didn't fade out of the game but looked to be really struggling towards the end. Good sign was that he didn't just say "Oh well, I'm spent," he kept on running and trying. :thumbsu:

His got that thing that is hard to describe.... that confidence in his own ability, a bit of mongrel as well. Looks a player for the future.

It's good the club is making the kids earn a spot.

Thought he was average today tbh. Although like Hughes, it didn't seem like he got a heap of gametime. Has some fantastic qualities though. I'm not sure if he's really a midfielder though, maybe more of a hf

I was really impressed with Edwards though. These two players are probably the most likely to get dropped next week though for Thurstfield/Richo

He's my crush. Everyone has a player who isn't that good or hasn't shown a lot but we still love them. I get the feeling Andy Collins might be TigerTroy's. I really hope he gets a few more games this year. Won't be dropped on that performance but his fitness is obviously still an issue. Didn't fade out of the game but looked to be really struggling towards the end. Good sign was that he didn't just say "Oh well, I'm spent," he kept on running and trying. :thumbsu:

i thought he actually got better as game wore on, knocked up plenty of possies 15-20...sprayed a few early, later on was spearing in some nice passes , as he should with a good left leg on him...is cool under pressure Id leave him in the side as a wing/HBF

He has a bit of that mongrel quality about him.

I dont think i can name 3 players at RFC who are generally mongrels ( i.e Brett Kirk). This kid connors (also man crush with cotchin) adds a bit of that into the team.. i remember on his debut he got stuck into barry hall for hitting moore IIRC.. classic:thumbsu:

i thought he actually got better as game wore on, knocked up plenty of possies 15-20...sprayed a few early, later on was spearing in some nice passes , as he should with a good left leg on him...is cool under pressure Id leave him in the side as a wing/HBF

spot on, ballsed a few early and got better as the game wore on. Importantly he looks like he belongs out there, just the way he moves and backs himself.

Was very pleased with Connors, Edwards, White and Polo as a whole. We will be a much better side and a very strong running unit when all these guys are set in stone in our 22. :thumbsu:

vital addition to the team. At long last...must be included in the team for the rest of the season, if we are going to make a run for September action.
In fact, after getting rid of the cobwebs yesterday, tipping he will tear the bummers a new one next saturday and have the media going gaga.
Stay tuned;)

he is going to be richmonds luke hodge
he probably wont be as good as hodge but hes the same sort of player. they both dont mind a bit of a biff and both have that penetrating long left slipper. seriously this guy has some serious talent should play out the year and cement his place in the 22. imo is a better option than king. absolutely love connors if he gets his attitude right and puts in the hard yards on the track we might have beauty on our hands.

he probably wont be as good as hodge but hes the same sort of player. they both dont mind a bit of a biff and both have that penetrating long left slipper. seriously this guy has some serious talent should play out the year and cement his place in the 22. imo is a better option than king. absolutely love connors if he gets his attitude right and puts in the hard yards on the track we might have beauty on our hands.

will be better than Luke Hodge, this kid does party tricks, he makes the ball talk, Hodge aint got the gift. He is just a workhorse. ;)

will be better than Luke Hodge, this kid does party tricks, he makes the ball talk, Hodge aint got the gift. He is just a workhorse. ;)
little harsh on hodge there, hes a gun. i would be extremely happy if connors turned out better than hodge but hes got a long way to go.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

little harsh on hodge there, hes a gun. i would be extremely happy if connors turned out better than hodge but hes got a long way to go.

yeah about 70 games to go....little harsh on Hodge? naaa, he is ok, Connors is one out of the box. Connors is a magician, Hodge is just your stock standard top player. There is a difference. Keep your eye on him, he looks like he is doing it easy. Has the gift, knows what the next step has to be, because he has anticipation coupled with skills. He could put the ball onto his left peg at will and hit the target that others need a satnav for. )

Thought he was average today tbh. Although like Hughes, it didn't seem like he got a heap of gametime. Has some fantastic qualities though. I'm not sure if he's really a midfielder though, maybe more of a hf

I was really impressed with Edwards though. These two players are probably the most likely to get dropped next week though for Thurstfield/Richo

He played pretty well

Can't wait to see more of him. Looks like a gun. Sure of himself and strong in traffic. Lump of a lad for a 19 year old. We just might actually have some good players coming through! Hope Connors and Edwards can keep there place for the rest of the season. What was with Hughes though. 6 touches and no tackles. Surely with the amount of ball coming into our forward line yesterday he could have got on the end of a couple more?

Can't wait to see more of him. Looks like a gun. Sure of himself and strong in traffic. Lump of a lad for a 19 year old. We just might actually have some good players coming through! Hope Connors and Edwards can keep there place for the rest of the season. What was with Hughes though. 6 touches and no tackles. Surely with the amount of ball coming into our forward line yesterday he could have got on the end of a couple more?
Didn't have the best game yesterday I was looking out for him and expected him to bob up and kick 3 or so at some stage but he just never clicked. Constantly lead too early and overlooked for a deeper target.

Think Hughes was on Glass for most of the day, which isn't an easy task for anyone, let along a developing 21 year old.

Still, has kicked 10 goals in 3 weeks and I hope he stays in the team for next week.

Connors showed something yesterday just like he has shown something in his... gosh, golly... 5 games now!!!!

He has already shown plenty of times at Coburg that he has the basic tools to make it. His skills, instincts & confidence are very good, but he has clearly lacked in fitness & also work rate up till now.

However...

With some guys, you just know they have something else... call it an X factor & it was obvious from his first game against Sydney last year that he had that as well.

For too long the "Tigers" have been anything but "Tigerish" in the backs-to-the-wall, fight to the death, show some agro & don't just bend over & spread the cheeks department.
Conners along with most of the other youngsters are now actually showing the heart we have craved for.

So as Cogga (I think) said, sit back and enjoy because this kid will frustrate us at times but thrill us often...

With a bit more strength through the hips and legs, and much more stamina, he could be a star. Right now hes a bit chunky up top but already looks fitter than nick stevens, voss in his latter career etc.

Remove this Banner Ad

Conners showed something today

Remove this Banner Ad

Back