List Mgmt. Contract Status

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
I wouldn't be 100% surprised if Abe Davis and/or Jack Hiscox still have another year left to run on their contracts, considering we gave an extra year to both Heeney and Mills. The counterpoint would be that we extended Rose for two years after this year from the same draft.

Nic Newman has been carving up NEAFL. if we dont upgrade him, i expect another club will chase him ala Biggs

We do have the option of keeping him on the Rookie List for a third year if we want. Depends on the rules regarding 3rd Year Rookies (how many we can have) as we have Foote and Melican eligible for a 3rd year. If we can only have the one, it wouldn't surprise me if we kept Melican for a third year, promoted Foote to the senior list and Newman was lost in the squeeze.

I'm going to stick to this as it refers to the deal both signed. If Heeney added another on it wouldn't make any sense from the club POV.

http://www.sydneyswans.com.au/news/2016-05-06/mills-sticking-around

AFL.com.au
has revealed that, like fellow Academy graduate Isaac Heeney a year earlier, Mills joined the Swans on a three-year deal rather the standard two-year contract for draftees.

The great thing about recruiting NSW boys is that we don't have to pay overs to keep them. I'm sure given the preference they will always want to stay in Sydney.

Yeah should set up an academey to foster and develop more of this talent to mitigate the go home factor, im sure the vic clubs wont complain

Yeah should set up an academey to foster and develop more of this talent to mitigate the go home factor, im sure the vic clubs wont complain
When you see all the problems that Brisbane and Gold Coast are having, trying to retain young talent, we can certainly be grateful for having such a well run club. I can still remember the bad old days when Shannon Grant and Anthony Rocca left us the moment their initial contracts were up. The Vic clubs see the struggling interstaters as fruit ripe for the picking but the moment they become a success they want to cut them down.

its nearly getting to the point now that...... towers needs to be re signed before other clubs get too inquisitive

Or it could be a sell-high situation

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Got an extension in 2014 until the end of this season
I think that he may well have done enough to get himself at least 1 more year. Might make himself into a very valuable swingman, much like Hunter, except better as a forward than defender. If he can keep improving and keep building his body (looks a really late bloomer), then he could become that vital player for us that Sam Reid has been disappointing at.

Good on him for saving his career.

Yep, but kudos also to Rhyce Shaw.

It's been a bugbear of mine that when a young, basically reserves player looks to be heading for the door we don't at least try him in another, potentially suitable, position to see if he can turn his career around.

Shaw, more than than previous ressie coaches, seems willing to try to that and XR has taken the opportunity and seemingly got himself that new contract.

It's been a bugbear of mine that when a young, basically reserves player looks to be heading for the door we don't at least try him in another, potentially suitable, position to see if he can turn his career around.

Shaw, more than than previous ressie coaches, seems willing to try to that and XR has taken the opportunity and seemingly got himself that new contract.

Totally agree with you Hairy Biker. Similarly I'd like to see Brandon Jack be given a run in the midfield next year in the seniors as he realistically aint gonna get a run this year. This is where he has played his best footy with the ressies. We will probably be down a midfielder with Mitchell seemingly likely to leave the club. Really hope we can hang onto Newman too.

Totally agree with you Hairy Biker. Similarly I'd like to see Brandon Jack be given a run in the midfield next year in the seniors as he realistically aint gonna get a run this year. This is where he has played his best footy with the ressies. We will probably be down a midfielder with Mitchell seemingly likely to leave the club. Really hope we can hang onto Newman too.

I don't think BJ has a shot at the midfield. It's already stacked. He seems more like a Rohan/Jetta role. I just don't see room for him in this team for the next couple years and by then it'd probably be too late.

That is a really pleasing insight to read.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back