List Mgmt. Contract, Trade and Draft Discussions - 2024 Edition

What should we do with our 1st round draft pick?

• Finn O’Sullivan

Votes: 57 19.0%
  • Sid Draper

Votes: 86 28.7%
  • Josh Smillie

Votes: 22 7.3%
  • Jagga Smith

Votes: 34 11.3%
  • Split for best mid and Tobie Travaglia

Votes: 46 15.3%
  • Split for best mid and Liam Baker

Votes: 20 6.7%
  • Split for best mid and best KPD

Votes: 4 1.3%
  • Split for best two mids

Votes: 9 3.0%
  • Other

Votes: 13 4.3%
  • Sam Lalor

Votes: 9 3.0%

• Total voters
  • This poll will close: .

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.

Quick links:
Player contract status
Draft prospect video highlights (thanks to noobermensch)
AFL retirements and delistings

Latest news and rumours:

Last edited by a moderator:
Adelaide are kissed on the d*** this year, pic 5 gets them draper and there other 3 pics will be enough to bid on welsh

So reading this thread what I have learned

Is that baker Bolton Warner are all going to Freo next year as they are going to win a flag

Freo pays for opposition players hotel bills

Everyone wanted to play with Harley. Couple of weeks ago but not now

And we are going to split pick 3 for curtin

Okay guys let’s just settle plenty of time left for the silly season.

Might go check why trew is crap why he should be playing thread :rolleyes:

On Dyl Buckleys Podcast they had Tom Green on.

Tom mentions Flynn, Cummings and Perryman are all very close...

Surely he gets in their ears.

Yep. Eagles make far more sense next year:

-Salary cap
-Picks
-Sydney would not let him walk from a modest contract this year
-Corey Warner more likely to have a role
-If it’s an immediate flag he’s after why would he leave Sydney for Freo
-We’ve got a great trade relationship with the Swans over a long period.

None of those things matter if Warner says his preference is the Dockers though unfortunately

Bolton is a cherry-on-top player, not a guy you build a midfield around. He'd be great for Freo, but he'd probably struggle with us until our young mids mature. We're much better off trading for a guy like Warner or selecting a young gun at pick 3.
Who are you kidding, Bolton is class and would improve our team. Sure he might not fit our timeline but everyone we trade in isn't going to be the guy we build our midfield or forward line or backline around
It's like ppl saying baker is too small. Would you rather have baker or sheed in the midfield
I'd rather have Bolton in the forward line than dewar, sheed if that's where he's playing, or 2 of the 5 talls we'll try to cram in there

On SM-S921B using BigFooty.com mobile app

hopefully Buss and Ginbey have a nice friendship.

Heard on the Eagles pod this week how Gillbee messaged Perryman at quarter time of the AFL game saying have a look at big Flynn stats.

Only reason we wouldn’t be in his ear is if they think the money is spent on other players who have gave them the wink. But like last year with Dev in but then out, should be having a few on meetings with other players just incase. Perryman looks a sensational fit for us

Buss 17K 10H 10M for VFL dogs. Was under siege most of the time as the only tall back, got pushed off the ball a bit but reading of the play and distribution was pretty good.
I don’t know much about him but is he like an oversized mid playing back as opposed to a pure defender?

I don’t know much about him but is he like an oversized mid playing back as opposed to a pure defender?
He’s a 3rd tall defender but 198cm so hopefully can spend a couple of years as the 3rd tall then shift into a Gov like role if we were able to trade for him. Would be a perfect fit. Definitely not any degree of a midfielder.

Still very scrawny, but great footy brain and very good kick.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Apart from Busslinger not yet signing a contract extension is there any indication that he wants to come back to WA and/or ask for a trade to West Coast.

I can’t recall his name coming up anywhere but on this board

He’s a 3rd tall defender but 198cm so hopefully can spend a couple of years as the 3rd tall then shift into a Gov like role if we were able to trade for him. Would be a perfect fit. Definitely not any degree of a midfielder.

Still very scrawny, but great footy brain and very good kick.
Yeah I more meant is he someone whose main value is playing loose and racking up SuperCoach points, or can he actually defend if needed.

hopefully Buss and Ginbey have a nice friendship.

Heard on the Eagles pod this week how Gillbee messaged Perryman at quarter time of the AFL game saying have a look at big Flynn stats.

Only reason we wouldn’t be in his ear is if they think the money is spent on other players who have gave them the wink. But like last year with Dev in but then out, should be having a few on meetings with other players just incase. Perryman looks a sensational fit for us
According to Mitch Cleary, there are four clubs chasing Perryman; Adelaide, Port, Hawks and Essendon.

Is Busslinger this year’s Devin Robertson? It seems he has played about 28 VFL games but is yet to make his AFL debut. Was a first round draft pick (#13). Why hasn’t he played any AFL games in 1.5 years? Is he the WB version of Jarrod Brander who funnily enough was also a pick 13?

Is Busslinger this year’s Devin Robertson? It seems he has played about 28 VFL games but is yet to make his AFL debut. Was a first round draft pick (#13). Why hasn’t he played any AFL games in 1.5 years? Is he the WB version of Jarrod Brander who funnily enough was also a pick 13?

Nonsense post.

Busslinger had a shoulder reconstruction. Is currently being kept out of dogs team by Liam Jones and Alex Keats. Jones is ancient but still a very good KPD.

Yeah I more meant is he someone whose main value is playing loose and racking up SuperCoach points, or can he actually defend if needed.
He can defend. Kills contests, good contested mark, makes good decisions with and without the ball. Just needs preseasons to be strong enough to win 1v1 contests with KPFs at AFL level.

Apart from Busslinger not yet signing a contract extension is there any indication that he wants to come back to WA and/or ask for a trade to West Coast.

I can’t recall his name coming up anywhere but on this board
Strong mutual interest but still plenty of time for Dogs to up their offer and get in his ear.

Got it. He is a gun kept out of the team by two defenders who are both over 32 years. Makes sense.
O'Donnell too who is a young KPD. Maybe the Dogs know hes gone and are still trying to win games? Could be just Bevo things too.
They kept Sanders in the VFL for a few weeks for seemingly no reason earlier this year, might just be Bevo

Keath did a hammy in tonight’s game. Might open the door for Buss to make his debut…hopefully doesn’t inflate his price too much 😬

What a night for a Rory Lobb/Tim English hater like myself.

Absolutely no thanks on that one. Save the cash, spend some on Ainsworth, break records for Warner, pay Harley, save it and bank interest for all I care. Any option is better than market value salary for FA Tim English.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back