List Mgmt. Contracts. Trades. Draft. Other Assorted Crap. 2020 Edition

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Agree on the need top be playing Williams from the start of 2021.

The experiment with Oscar as a chop out ruckman will not work in the longer version of the game. We lose so much momentum when NicNat is on the pine and the midfielders have to play a very different game when Oscar is on.

Simpson has to make a change in strategy in 2021. That to me includes
1. playing NicNat and a genuine 2nd ruck
2. being prepared to take on the centre corridor earlier and not allowing Sheed and co to stand still with arms in teh air calling for a pass
3. reduce in number the forwards who want to take mark of the year and get Phil Mattera to the club to teach them how to rove to a contest
4. abandon the flog defensive winger guarding space
5.Oscar to come in and replace JK when he is rested but not to be the second ruck. Justify his position or he is only cover (as promising a prospect as he is).
6. trade out Ainsworth within the next 24 hours
4. Waterman to wing
5. OA to waterman's spot.

Waterman was excellent on the wing and drifting into defence this year, he's a good mark and natural footballer so will get to good positions and be a good option when there.

On SM-G973F using BigFooty.com mobile app

I cannot believe that I just waded through 16 pages of posts and all that has happened is one Hickey?

No Witherden (looking less likely), no Hewett, no news on any other trades, just made up BS with no foundation, nothing.

They really need to cut this whole trade period.

So you dont rate upgrading our 2020 2nd and 3rd round picks in a compromised draft into the 2021 draft which is better and will be deeper due to lack of exposure etc.

I certainly do.
Yeah I’m fine with it. Hickey is probably best summed up as capable, not much more. If it means Williams gets thrown in the deep end for a few games I’m keen to see how that plays out if it eventuates. Just means draft night this year is a fizzer, that’s all.

I cannot believe that I just waded through 16 pages of posts and all that has happened is one Hickey?

No Witherden (looking less likely), no Hewett, no news on any other trades, just made up BS with no foundation, nothing.

They really need to cut this whole trade period.

Why is Witherden looking less likely? We just got in two future picks, either of which could be sent to Brisbane who reportedly don’t need picks in this year’s draft

Why is Witherden looking less likely? We just got in two future picks, either of which could be sent to Brisbane who reportedly don’t need picks in this year’s draft

We want to still have a crack this year two future 2nds for Witherden and Lions late 1st. May need to add another future 3rd.

Or one future 2nd for Gold Coasts 27 and 37.

Lots of options to trade picks.

Trade currency wasn't the issue though, it was how much do WC pay for his contract

Potentially Hickey moving frees up that cash though.

Trade currency wasn't the issue though, it was how much do WC pay for his contract

Potentially Hickey moving frees up that cash though.

That’s just a negotiation issue, I feel. The more of his salary we make Brisbane pay, the better draft pick we give up.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

The future 2nd is linked to Port isn't it?

Basically the deal is Hickey for 58.

Plus we swap our 2020 pick 34 and 2020 pick 60 for Ports 2021 2nd and Swans 2021 3rd.

So we currently now hold one :thumbsu: :thumbsu: 2021 1st, two 2021 2nds and two 2021 3rds.

I am ok with this with next years draft looking better, deeper and less compromised. We use the picks or use them to trade for someone!
Will Carlton take our 1st and two 2nds for Cripps ?

Any chance we can get a Ryan Daniels tweet to tide us over till...

DEADLINE DAY

w/ headline act: ‘The Jeremy Cameron for Some Draft Picks Trade’

Featuring 10-15 Lower and Mid Tier players you may or may not have heard of before last week and hold no real interest in...and of course the thrilling conclusion to Eddie McGuire’s hit new show...
‘Who Wants to Pay Adam Treloar?’

Can’t wait.

Will Carlton take our 1st and two 2nds for Cripps ?

Nope ............ because we won't be allowed to trade our first rounder.

Unless we somehow get another a first rounder next year we have TO USE OURS in the draft.

I think we were spoiled by the very good Lycett/Vardy defensive combo in 2018 when Nic went down, and now assume that any old backup ruck is going to be able to nullify the gun rucks. Fact is Lycett is much better than Hickey and Vardy’s desperation during the finals series was enough to make the two ruck model work.

So people have assumed that you could just swap out Lycett with Hickey and get 2018 post-Nic Nat results. But in the two years Hickey never managed a game even half as good as Jono Giles’s GOAT performance against Adelaide that time. He’s not inconsistent - just not quite good enough to make an impact.

Vardy’s injuries do make him pretty shit depth, but I don’t think we lose anything by playing Bailey/Allen compared to Hickey, and there is a lot more potential upside.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back