advantange count for anything?

This years Cordner Eggleston is shaping up to be a big one as per usual

Scotch looking to avenge last years loss at the MCG and Grammar wanting

to back up their title of 'reigning premiers' of the APS

Which players will have a big influence? Does the home ground

advantange count for anything?

The only thing that will count will be Luke Mitchell

The only thing that will count will be Luke Mitchell

Ahhh flynn how ignorant of you...once again showing your inspite you can be on such topics.
Yes luke mitchell will 'count' but are we not forgetting a genuine superstar? think about it - lovable, skillfull, vastly experienced in a range of ball sports internationally.

A.Somboba - that is all

Who played well for MGS and scotch yesterday? and who will both teams need to look out for come this friday?
their isn't really anyone to look out for except mitchell and may. the teamm is a very solid unit with no real standouts. someone always bobs up and next week the same will happen. the midfield are all good with about 8 or 9 players that go through their and one of these i believe will play the game of their life

In just his third game of footy, Somboba was a fine display of skill, speed and agility. I know its hard to take me seriously, but he should be playing 2's. The way he reads the ball and moves is simply amazing

their isn't really anyone to look out for except mitchell and may. the teamm is a very solid unit with no real standouts. someone always bobs up and next week the same will happen. the midfield are all good with about 8 or 9 players that go through their and one of these i believe will play the game of their life

Wow no one cares, thats all shit. The way you've talked the team up, sounds like they should be undefeated. So where's the problem?

haha oh i get it because u play in the midfield your implying that u will play well. funny.

In just his third game of footy, Somboba was a fine display of skill, speed and agility. I know its hard to take me seriously, but he should be playing 2's. The way he reads the ball and moves is simply amazing

yes. yes it is

(that is in no way an attack on Alan, but instead on Flyn Ryder)

Who's going to win the game, From what i hve heard and seen in the paper grammer have lost alot of games this year to schools they should beat. Grammer have no heart, and Scotch have always had the wood over grammer for many years.
MVB to kick 8 and Scotch to win by 4 goals.
Chestie the Scotch coach to pick a real surprise packet in the team.
Watch this space

Who's going to win the game, From what i hve heard and seen in the paper grammer have lost alot of games this year to schools they should beat. Grammer have no heart, and Scotch have always had the wood over grammer for many years.
MVB to kick 8 and Scotch to win by 4 goals.
Chestie the Scotch coach to pick a real surprise packet in the team.
Watch this space

footy pie eater, trust me, there will be no surprise selections on the team, so stop talking trash.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

i heard el capitano Mitchell was planning to start an all in brawl at the breakfast tomorrow (Boxing press conferance style).

surely thats got to fire the MOGS boys up!

Wow no one cares, thats all shit. The way you've talked the team up, sounds like they should be undefeated. So where's the problem?
maybe they should be undefeated. in fact they probobly should be undefeated but they haven't played well enough and deserved to lose the two games.MY problem is with you talking about who should be in the 2nds in a cordner eggelston mathc thread which is 1sts football between MGS and Scotch not 4ths no one cares about 4ths and people that think they are jokers are clearly not jokers they try to be funny but are clearly not and you my friend are in this category

maybe they should be undefeated. in fact they probobly should be undefeated but they haven't played well enough and deserved to lose the two games.MY problem is with you talking about who should be in the 2nds in a cordner eggelston mathc thread which is 1sts football between MGS and Scotch not 4ths no one cares about 4ths and people that think they are jokers are clearly not jokers they try to be funny but are clearly not and you my friend are in this category

Well then if 'they' deserved to lose, that contradicts that 'they' should have been undefeated. You can't make excuses like we should have won, but then we played badly so they deserved to win, but we still should have won. Thats like two snakes trying to eat each other. What would happen? 1 + 1 never did equal zero. I was simply talking about Somboba after one of MGS's first players said in this very thread that he would be influential in the game, yet by me saying he should be in the seconds, its me saying he shouldn't be playing. So really, ive stuck to the topic. And you my friend, would be in the category of gimps

Well then if 'they' deserved to lose, that contradicts that 'they' should have been undefeated. You can't make excuses like we should have won, but then we played badly so they deserved to win, but we still should have won. Thats like two snakes trying to eat each other. What would happen? 1 + 1 never did equal zero. I was simply talking about Somboba after one of MGS's first players said in this very thread that he would be influential in the game, yet by me saying he should be in the seconds, its me saying he shouldn't be playing. So really, ive stuck to the topic. And you my friend, would be in the category of gimps

the mathematics get weird...

look unlike 'had sex on fire' i dont hide under the cloak of anonymity,but lets just calm down a second. lets be honest flyn ryder, it really was completely irrelevant to the topic.

on topic. aparently some key players are out for scotch.

was a great game, a fitting addition to the already stacked book of cordner eggleston epics

for me paine, mitchell, keath and hanlon were the best players for mgs. although hanlon didn't get as much of the footy as he has come accustomed to over the years (in particular his days of club footy where he'd rack up 40 and have an average game), but his touches were effective and telling. also kicked a magestic goal from the boundary.

it would be unfair to say mgs should have won, because we shot ourselves in the foot by being behind by 6 goals at quarter time. however we did have our chances to snatch it in the last quarter.

overall a great game, played in the right spirit

Terrific game of footy. Scotch winning by 4 points - 15.1.91 to 13.9.87.

As josh17 said, MGS slow out of the blocks - down by about five or six goals and it wasnt until the second half that they started to peg back the deficit.

There were guys cramping up left right and centre in the final quarter, sort of showed how physically taxing and intense the game had been.

Melbourne had the four or five class players (eg May, Mitchell, Keath) but Scotch seemed to come out as a real team and were a bit more even across the park. Alex Keath couldnt buy a possession in space in the first half, Mitchell and May seemed to be going up against three or four opponents in most aerial contests. Scotch seemed very disciplined about limiting the impact of certain players in the MGS team even though as the day went on May kicked 4, Mitchell kicked 3 and racked up the contested marks, and Keath had enough of the footy. Hanlon probably worthy of a mention, Jackson Paine competed really well in the air, Goddard sparked them with a couple of goals in succession in the third quarter.

Thought Bulldogs listed player Liam Jones was very good for Scotch. Nick Jamieson kicked 3 goals including a few early, Sam Barnett was consistent across the four quarters and finished with 5 goals. Captain Seb Woodard looked alright.

Very good, entertaining game of footy thats for sure. And well done to Scotch who were without McMillan and Sinclair who have Vic Metro duties whereas Melbourne were at full strength with NT having the weekend off and Keath getting dropped from Vic Country.

The off the field highlights, well I thought he Melbourne Grammar guys knocking over the fencing behind the goals and seeing their drums rolling down the hill was pretty funny actually, but it was surpassed by the streaker who ran half a lap around the boundary with a red mankini on...so much for private school people having a bit of class hey :confused:

Terrific game of footy. Scotch winning by 4 points - 15.1.91 to 13.9.87.

As josh17 said, MGS slow out of the blocks - down by about five or six goals and it wasnt until the second half that they started to peg back the deficit.

There were guys cramping up left right and centre in the final quarter, sort of showed how physically taxing and intense the game had been.

Melbourne had the four or five class players (eg May, Mitchell, Keath) but Scotch seemed to come out as a real team and were a bit more even across the park. Alex Keath couldnt buy a possession in space in the first half, Mitchell and May seemed to be going up against three or four opponents in most aerial contests. Scotch seemed very disciplined about limiting the impact of certain players in the MGS team even though as the day went on May kicked 4, Mitchell kicked 3 and racked up the contested marks, and Keath had enough of the footy. Hanlon probably worthy of a mention, Jackson Paine competed really well in the air, Goddard sparked them with a couple of goals in succession in the third quarter.

Thought Bulldogs listed player Liam Jones was very good for Scotch. Nick Jamieson kicked 3 goals including a few early, Sam Barnett was consistent across the four quarters and finished with 5 goals. Captain Seb Woodard looked alright.

Very good, entertaining game of footy thats for sure. And well done to Scotch who were without McMillan and Sinclair who have Vic Metro duties whereas Melbourne were at full strength with NT having the weekend off and Keath getting dropped from Vic Country.

The off the field highlights, well I thought he Melbourne Grammar guys knocking over the fencing behind the goals and seeing their drums rolling down the hill was pretty funny actually, but it was surpassed by the streaker who ran half a lap around the boundary with a red mankini on...so much for private school people having a bit of class hey :confused:

Keath wasnt dropped, they wanted him to play but chose to play for school

Keath wasnt dropped, they wanted him to play but chose to play for school
Fair enough. I see he's actually been named in the Vic Country side...oh well if he doesnt want to play for them then they may as well give it to someone who does.

He didn't play for Vic Country in Tasmania last week either, what other commitment did he have on last weekend??? Surely the Country selectors would've picked him last weekend if they knew he was unavailable for them this week. Odd.

Fair enough. I see he's actually been named in the Vic Country side...oh well if he doesnt want to play for them then they may as well give it to someone who does.

He didn't play for Vic Country in Tasmania last week either, what other commitment did he have on last weekend??? Surely the Country selectors would've picked him last weekend if they knew he was unavailable for them this week. Odd.

He was genuinely crook. The pressure get put on the scholarship players to play.;)

Remove this Banner Ad

Cordner Eggleston 2009

Remove this Banner Ad

Back